'Emu' boots

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PS You need to go down a size if you are a half size.
they are very roomy

Thanks sued.

Have you ever used the second address you gave?

I tried a pair of uggs on in a shop, they were a size 4 which I normally take but they felt very tight, this could have been due to the fact that they were sheepskin and the fluffy interior took up some of the size and the sheepskin might flatten after time. lol

:

They are good prices on both the sites but could only find one pair in size 5 in any of the styles and that was the long version (think it might be a bit tight with large calves) and it was in the very pale colour. Will carry on searching. If you have small or big feet lots of choice and good prices - thanks.

I saw emu boots on asos but they do not look like original ones, the emu "sign" on the heel does look fake and also the back leg of the stingers boot.
It is difficult sometimes to find real emus and uggs
I wanted to buy from Australia or NZ, but as I reas many pps get sung by customs, so I'd rather buy from here

does anybody here have bearpaws? are they sheepskin of suede with merino wool inside, as I can not see thid from description?

I have looked on amazon and the description of bearpaws is quite scant.I have no experience if these boots but they do seem a good price on there.

I have done my homework on emus though.If you don't already know(maybe you do) the full sheepskin boot is the 'stinger' and usually a bit more expensive,these are the ones to go for if that is what you are after.
The 'bronte' emu range are suede with merino wool lining,they are still made with a sturdy sole and reinforced heel and are comfortable and warm to boot(see what i did there!!!).

I have a pair of each......high bronte and low stinger.The stinger is more warm and comfortable tbh,but the bronte does do a very good job too,I work outside so having warm feet is very important.

If you go for the bronte go a size down as they do come up large in size,if you go for the stinger just get the size you are.Emus are fabulous boots and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

There is also a 10% off code for Amazon(NUSSHOES) this would get you a pair of emu stinger low in sand colour for £59.40......just an example.

Hope this helps:1:

Hi. I have just ordered a pair of emu stinger hi boots from puddlebeach.com[/B][/B]. Two weeks after ordering I received a card from royal mail stating I owed £19 in VAT and a royal mail handling charge. (11 Vat 8 royal mail) I was extremely annoyed as I was not warned of this. I have therefore paid nearly £100 for the boots and could have got them far cheaper from a UK site.

HAs anyone bought from this site and had to pay these charges?

Please help, I would like to try and claim these back if possible.

Yes - I also got stung for VAT & postage. Queried it and found out that PB's postage only covered goods to the "port of entry", therefore I got charged Parcelforce costs from port to me. Then charged VAT. £77.00 all in all. Tried to challenge it with Customs & Excise and got nowhere. Wouldn't order from them again. Littlewoods mail order have Emu boots in and if you're lucky enough to be a size 6 or less look in the kids shoes section, they're £40 for the short ones. The long ones are over £100 but still work out cheaper than PB for me, taking into account the import duty

P x

Yes - I also got stung for VAT & postage. Queried it and found out that PB's postage only covered goods to the "port of entry", therefore I got charged Parcelforce costs from port to me. Then charged VAT. £77.00 all in all. Tried to challenge it with Customs & Excise and got nowhere. Wouldn't order from them again. Littlewoods mail order have Emu boots in and if you're lucky enough to be a size 6 or less look in the kids shoes section, they're £40 for the short ones. The long ones are over £100 but still work out cheaper than PB for me, taking into account the import duty

P x

I just got my third pair of stingers from Puddlebeach this morning and have had no problems at all.:cartwheel

I went for low emu stingers from Amazon in the chesnut, sz 5, will be delivered after 31 jan.
With the code it was £66 which is a good price, as they are £95 on QVC
The sand ones are indeed cheaper, they look lovely but will get dirty after few days walking around

I was thinking to buy the bootsfom puddlebeach, but worried about the additional customs charge, as knowing my luck I would have to pay!

I received this morning a pair of mini bearpaws from amazon at £23, which are great value and look sturdy and feel soft, great buy!

I just got my third pair of stingers from Puddlebeach this morning and have had no problems at all.:cartwheel

Imports depend on the courier used and a certain amount of luck.

Some you get away with it often. Others will not deliver without payment of charges.

The tricky one is the other type who deliver and you think you have got away with it but they then invoice you later. This really can be quite sometime after delivery so best way is usually to price it in when ordering and consider it a bonus if you never have to pay.

Imports depend on the courier used and a certain amount of luck.

Some you get away with it often. Others will not deliver without payment of charges.

The tricky one is the other type who deliver and you think you have got away with it but they then invoice you later. This really can be quite sometime after delivery so best way is usually to price it in when ordering and consider it a bonus if you never have to pay.

They have all come via Royal Mail so I don't think I will have extra charges. I bought two pairs before Christmas and they are so comfy and warm I decided to get another pair.

They have all come via Royal Mail so I don't think I will have extra charges. I bought two pairs before Christmas and they are so comfy and warm I decided to get another pair.

Royal Mail are not so efficient at collecting :)

You are getting me tempted but I find all the sizing advice confusing.

Mine are the stinger petite and I take a size 6 they are a good fit, look at Amazon first though as they have the chocolate ones that I have just got for £39.50 and free p&p. x

Thank you SweetPea. Just ordered the Stringer mini and got them for £35.15.

Wasn't sure about the trial of the new delivery service, just incase forget or have problems unsigning for it.

Latest posts

Back