First post...a good moan!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Welcome to the Forum. Just wanted to say that I don't mind who/what you write about. It seems that some people have a problem even with new people airing their new views.
If they've read similar comments before and know where the thread is going - don't read it, no one's forcing them to, just as no one is forcing you/me to watch/buy from QVC. The problem with these forums is that people tend to think they have a right to tell others what is and isn't acceptable, when surely the whole point is to share experiences and views and have a good laugh along the way, and on that note A night in the cells with the QVCers thread is brilliant.:rock:
Happy threading.

It's not an official page, it was set up by a fan of hers (and it wasn't me, lol). Welcome Jacqueline - don't really agree with you as I am one of the rare breed who really like Ali. On that topic, this forum is just becoming reruns of the same posts knocking presenters over and over - it feels like groundhog day and makes for boring reading!!

Hear hear! I'm one of the people that has to mute Ali Young and I am not a fan of Julia, but it is same old, same old, knock the presenters, week in and week out which is why I'm rarely on here these days.....:yawn:

Hear hear! I'm one of the people that has to mute Ali Young and I am not a fan of Julia, but it is same old, same old, knock the presenters, week in and week out which is why I'm rarely on here these days.....:yawn:

Artemis instead of staying away why dont you stick around and start some interesting and engaging threads that will get the QVC fans talking?

it's easy to stand back and criticise when youre relying on everyone else to provide your entertainment.

harsh lot aren't ya?:heartbroke:

harsh lot aren't ya?:heartbroke:

not all of us jacqueline (i love that name). you post as much criticism as you like. the realistic amongst us know that the presenters on QVC are not personal friends but ruthless sales people who are lining their own pockets by persuading us to buy crap we dont need. as such they have put themselves in the firing line.

as for people being "bored" with the content of the QVC forum.... its in your own hands. those of us who DO start threads run the risk of them turning out to be duds. if the rest of you havnt got the balls to try then don't criticise those of us who are keeping this forum going.

Well it was so worth coming on to say that then wasn't it... :mysmilie_853:

for such a 'boring thread' it's certainly created quite a debate anyway........:giggle:

Not really. We just say it like it is. Welcome Jacqueline. I can take or leave AY.Have learnt quite a bit from her over the years but she now GETS ON MY NERVES:mysmilie_505:

Interesting thread of responses and as always how people respond to what has been said. Some people will be bored by what has been said, others will agree with what has been said. At the end of the day it is down to how we interpret what has been said. I think it is healthy to debate and discuss but dont always expect people to agree with me. Otherwise that would be dull indeed!:grin:

Interesting thread of responses and as always how people respond to what has been said. Some people will be bored by what has been said, others will agree with what has been said. At the end of the day it is down to how we interpret what has been said. I think it is healthy to debate and discuss but dont always expect people to agree with me. Otherwise that would be dull indeed!:grin:

Which is exactly what I said to Capirossi on page 2 of this thread. :cheeky:

AY and JR don't really bother me, I've lived with kids long enough to turn off mentally if not physically. I think the comments here are valid and certainly have caused a stir, which is great. I do want to say everyone's point is valid even those against this thread, I just thought it was a little hurtful to a newbie if they are slated on their first post (unless of course their views are really radical:angel:

Brrrrr! Is it me or is it getting a bit icy in here.....? :mysmilie_462:

Artemis instead of staying away why dont you stick around and start some interesting and engaging threads that will get the QVC fans talking?

it's easy to stand back and criticise when youre relying on everyone else to provide your entertainment.

You are right of course. I think it is because I lurked for a long time before becoming a part of it and there have always been threads sending up presenters, some of them hilarious. One of the things I have always loved about ST is the wit of some of the posters.
Maybe I am getting jaded but these days, it just seems to be on a loop......

Apologies to our OP, as I didn't mean to rain on your parade, although I'm sure no-one is the least bit bothered by anything I have to say...:flower:

Last edited:
Brrrrr! Is it me or is it getting a bit icy in here.....? :mysmilie_462:

Well my dear, you have certainly made an impact on your first day!!! I find it sad that it seems from my experience that if you are NEW you have to hold your tongue. Surely the idea of a forum is that everyone has a voice, no matter what your opinion is. Anyone who might be a bit sensitive would be put off from posting for fear of being shouted down. Keep up the good work.
Genny:sweat::handshake:

No one has to hold their tongue and everyone is entitled to their say. If the poster who felt that the views of the OP had been mentioned before then surely she was at liberty to say so.

Latest posts

Back