First post...a good moan!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well my dear, you have certainly made an impact on your first day!!! I find it sad that it seems from my experience that if you are NEW you have to hold your tongue. Surely the idea of a forum is that everyone has a voice, no matter what your opinion is. Anyone who might be a bit sensitive would be put off from posting for fear of being shouted down. Keep up the good work.
Genny:sweat::handshake:

I shall not be silenced! lol :tongue:

Well my dear, you have certainly made an impact on your first day!!! I find it sad that it seems from my experience that if you are NEW you have to hold your tongue. Surely the idea of a forum is that everyone has a voice, no matter what your opinion is. Anyone who might be a bit sensitive would be put off from posting for fear of being shouted down. Keep up the good work.
Genny:sweat::handshake:

Gosh see my quote has been used. I am fairly new too and I have not shouted anyone down. Good grief!

I would just like to state that AY will no doubt, continue to get right on my baps despite the valued input/opinions of other members :smile:

I love this forum, so many varied views.......................we may agree, we may not, but we have freedom of speech in this country, so let's voice it. If you don't want to participate in a good argument........................then don't. If you don't like what you read............don't read it. BUT PLEASE LET EVERYONE HAVE A VOICE TO AIR THEIR VIEWS.

Like the programme CATCHPHRASE.................When you see it say it (don't know whether or not I got that right or not). I love it that we all have differing opinions on certain presenters and stuff that gets right up our noses. In my eyes that's good......................Oh what a boring and waste of time this forum would be if we declined to say what we felt about QVC. Come on everyone, a bit of getting it off your chest is good for you...........................................and by the way this forum is so funny. I love you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Last edited:
:flower::hi::sun: :wave: Welcome to the forum Jacqueline, :wave::sun::hi::flower: (I'm a Jacqueline as well! :rock: )

I'm a bit of an anomaly. I can completely see why Alison Young drives people mental, :headbang: but I think she's brilliant! :rock: Likewise Julia. I get what people say about her, but I think she's great at her job and looks pretty damn smokin' for her age.

I hope it doesn't hurt anybody's feelings though, if I say that I find these groundhog day threads repetitive as well. :dull:

(I'm sure it won't - because as we've agreed it would be a dull world if we all thought the same thing, and we're not taking any of this at all seriously. :giggle:)

I'm not sure it's altogether logical to post your opinion quite so decidedly :giggle:- but then suggest that people are being cold or harsh when they express theirs! :grin:

As in life, not everybody is nice or welcoming - to posters old or new.

You'll get to know which of us are old baggages soon enough! :mysmilie_454:

This forum is for us to say what we think with no reference to anybody else's opinion - so fill your boots chick! :mysmilie_14: (but keep in mind that everyone else can do the same.) :flower:

I'm looking forward to your next thread already! :clapping:

I think that some of the long-term residents need to back up a bit, and remember what it's like when you first post on a new forum. A bit of common decency would be nice rather than a rush to post stuff like "Yawn: heard it all before!" or call it a "groundhog day post".

Regardless of intent, this is actually (and literally) rather patronising and insulting to the OP: rather than casually dismiss what she has to say, why not engage with her and SAY why you disagree?

Just because someone new to the forum posts an opinion that reflects earlier comments or threads does not make that person's opinion worthless; if the OP had posted something POSITIVE about QVC or its presenters, would we have had such a rush of posts writing off the thread just because it's "all been said before"?

This forum's supposed to be about debate, which is why I've stuck around; you only get that from people posting their own honest opinions. You won't get that if a "moral majority" decide to stamp out anything they decide they don't like to hear.

Now, I think QVC's a riot, but then I only watch it when I can't think of anything else to do, or I want some background noise while I'm doing housework. That doesn't mean I don't respect the rights of others who actually watch QVC to shop from it. I'd hope that others would give me the same respect.

And: welcome to the forum, Jacqueline! :devil:

Last edited:
:flower::hi::sun: :wave: Welcome to the forum Jacqueline, :wave::sun::hi::flower: (I'm a Jacqueline as well! :rock: )

I'm a bit of an anomaly. I can completely see why Alison Young drives people mental, :headbang: but I think she's brilliant! :rock: Likewise Julia. I get what people say about her, but I think she's great at her job and looks pretty damn smokin' for her age.

I hope it doesn't hurt anybody's feelings though, if I say that I find these groundhog day threads repetitive as well. :dull:

(I'm sure it won't - because as we've agreed it would be a dull world if we all thought the same thing, and we're not taking any of this at all seriously. :giggle:)

I'm not sure it's altogether logical to post your opinion quite so decidedly :giggle:- but then suggest that people are being cold or harsh when they express theirs! :grin:

As in life, not everybody is nice or welcoming - to posters old or new.

You'll get to know which of us are old baggages soon enough! :mysmilie_454:

This forum is for us to say what we think with no reference to anybody else's opinion - so fill your boots chick! :mysmilie_14: (but keep in mind that everyone else can do the same.) :flower:

I'm looking forward to your next thread already! :clapping:

Thanks for the welcome and I do agree with you that JR doesnt look bad at all for her age........It's just the attitude that gets on my goat :grin:

I wasn't being serious when I was saying certain people were being harsh/cold.....I do however get the feeling that the 'groundhog day/yawn I'm bored/heard it all before' posts were not meant in jest.......:confused:

I know everyone else is entitled to express an opinion also....it wouldn't be much of a forum with just me, myself and I here would it? lol. :wink: Thanks again for the welcome and great name btw. :rock: xxx

In my first week of posting I said something about Julia R which didn't go down well with some people. You feel free to have a moan whenever you like Jacqueline. That's why we come on this forum after all. Incidentally I'm not a big fan of Ali Y either, in fact she irritates the t**s off me.

Welcome Jaqueline - great first post, I agree wholeheartedly with its content IN FULL.

And to those of you who have belittled someone's first post - tut tutty tut tut.

Oh and while Im here I think I'll have a little rant myself
- if having a moan about a presenter or two is groundhog day, then so is moaning about people having a moan about presenters (losing myself slightly here actually, try and keep up....) it happens just as frequently and some of us find THAT very dull. If all you want to hear is how nice people are then stop reading here and go and start your own website called "OnlyNiceFluffyLovelyPostsAllowed.com", and let us get on with having a ****** moan if we feel like it.

Funnily enough, one of my first contributions many "yurrs" ago concerened Ali Young and her "questionable beauty pedigree"..I think I said her face was in dire need of a bit of colour, and her eyes were screaming out for some eyeliner!...oh and a haircut! That didn't go down so well at the time either, however, I think she took my advice 'cause I think her appearance has improved radically since I first tuned into the big Q!

Now boring threads....to me, they're the ones on subjects I have no interest in, of the top of my head for example " Shavata or Christian?" (eyebrow shapers) I don't think I've plucked my eyebrows since 1980!!!! Anyway, if I see a thread title like that, I don't bother to read it, if you like I take some of the what I would call boring advice "if it doesn't interest you....don't read it"....and certainly don't take the OP to task over it, well not unless the thread is deliberately inflamatory towards other forum members, or contains bad language.

Welcome to the forum Jacqueline x Hope you enjoy being here!

..I do however get the feeling that the 'groundhog day/yawn I'm bored/heard it all before' posts were not meant in jest.......:confused:

And to those of you who have belittled someone's first post - tut tutty tut tut.

Oh and while Im here I think I'll have a little rant myself
- if having a moan about a presenter or two is groundhog day, then so is moaning about people having a moan about presenters.. it happens just as frequently and some of us find THAT very dull.
I'm sure those barbed little digs were certainly not meant in jest and they bore the tits off me too. There are a certain few on here who seem to think they are the forum police and try to control what is said about the presenters, especially if it doesn't conform with their own lick arse comments about their own personal faves. Ignore them, I do.

Welcome along Jacqueline!

I said something in my very first post about Debbie Flint and got shot down in flames, but I got over it and came back and I'm glad I did cos I've had plenty of laughs since then and actually literally learned a fair bit from the other forumites!

Enjoy your time here!

When I found this forum (previous incarnation) in 02/03 I read the whole thing: every post, mosty nodding in agreement and frequently laughing out loud.

I still read nearly every day; I post less often these days as I've usually read or written something already.

I love the original angles that crop up and rely on the advanced bargain warnings and I've made a few firm friends.

I hope all new members gain as much :grin:

Jude xx

Hello JaquelineMammaof4, welcome to you! I'm a relative newbie myself, still 'slotting in' myself!!

While on the subject of different presenters - should I mention the comments Ms Huntley said on the Diamonique show yesterday afternoon? She was showing some earrings and she was saying something about her hairy ears - which the camera showed when doing a close up of them, and whether she should be having a shave before she came on air and she was joking about it........... I quite like her actually, quite pleasant to watch and listen to.

Latest posts

Back