For Pity's Sake Catherine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Very well said! See also: faux tan, people overdo it and it just looks so silly and unnatural against their hair and eye colours.

Couldn't agree more - see my post #4 in this thread, and what I've said in other threads, too. Mother Nature knows best when it comes to colour matching. I've never dyed my hair and am now going through the salt and pepper stage quite happily. I've even been asked if I've had highlights or streaks put in. I don't think having a different colour hair takes years away. Your face tells the lie to that.

She's just said on air that she doesn't have a tele - yet, she is in the middle of a house build. Just wondering where she lives because anywhere in London and surrounds for her to get to work, costs an absolute fortune, especially new builds; so either she's on a great salary, she's sold her stash of Lulu Guinness, or she's going to live in Norfolk !

I started going grey at 21, and now most of the front is white. I did spend 4 years "natural" and got compliments, however I decided to go for a change, and went for a shade impossible in nature... and got loads of compliments. I think there is a shade range in which you will look good, depending on skintone and eye colour, and beyond that, you will look older, ill, or both. If you have to stick a ton of makeup on to look well with your chosen haircolour - maybe think again? I will never be a blond, in a million years - just would look completely wrong on me. Mind you one of my oldest and dearest friends always maintained she was a blonde trapped in a brunette's body.

As an actress, Catherine Huntley will be well used to switching hair colour - either courtesy of a wig, or dyeing her own. I liked the Louise Brooks bob she had a few years back - probably closer to her natural colour than most of the more recent ventures have been. I think, however much a younger Catherine may have suited such a light shade of blonde, as we get older our skin loses pigment as much as our hair. It's no accident that someone savvy like Liz Earle has been wearing a warmer and darker shade of blonde - it helps warm her skin up more than being as blonde as she used to be. Both Catherine and Alison Young should take note and go for something warmer and more flattering to their current skintone, rather than the skintone they had in the 20s or 30s.

most of the presenters live way outside london i think. julian lives in kilburn north london.

Doing your own build is a way of saving money. Whereever she's living, however much it costs, it looks like a hard way to do it... and if she's working away on a building site when not at QVC right now - she's managing to look mostly OK when she comes on air (roots, too pale hair and skin not withstanding).

Thought I heard Catherine say last night that someone had the seven year itch and was going to pastures new was she talking about Craig?

catherine is alright looking has quite a nice face and a better figure than most. nothing wrong with her looks

Well, if it's 7 years, I can only think of 3 - all male: Craig, Miceal Murphy, or Will Gowing?
Jackie Kabler, Chloe Everton and Marverine Cole have none of them been there 7 years, so I don't think it's them... although I suspect all would jump at the chance of regular, reliable, well-paid work elsewhere than QVC.

Everyone else is part of the furniture and has been in situ since forever. Isn't it 9 or 10 years since Debbie Flint returned to the fold?

Funny how it does tend to be the case that the newer arrivals disappear relatively quickly.

I keep hoping and praying that Sarah Griffiths will get a fantastic, schedule blocking long term offer away from QVC. Unfortunately, I think with a little 'un at home, the part time shifts at QVC is probably perfect for her. I'll carry on dreaming!

Going back to the OP - AY's roots are in dire need of doing. Scratch that as her whole style needs sorting. It's Beauty Day and she's presenting like that!

They give her that title over at QVC for some reason, she's got no qualifications so I just don't get it, I mean Me hall did a twenty minute fashion course in his dinner hour but they don't call him the "resident fashion expert" AY doesn't even take the trouble to try and convince you otherwise, it's just a QVC ploy to make the customer think they know what they're talking about, must do because after all they have a "resident beauty expert"............. they don't, they're just trying to get your money.

AY, I totally agree, the roots and the colour. I caught her in the Beauty Show at 8pm and first thought was those roots are shocking, and her hair looks like straw. A warmer golden blond would be so much better.

Oh and I nearly choked when she came out with the, " make up artist and the usual resident beauty expert." The bit in bold is because no way in hell is she a makeup artist!

AY, I totally agree, the roots and the colour. I caught her in the Beauty Show at 8pm and first thought was those roots are shocking, and her hair looks like straw. A warmer golden blond would be so much better.

Oh and I nearly choked when she came out with the, " make up artist and the usual resident beauty expert." The bit in bold is because no way in hell is she a makeup artist!

Wait till she calls herself a qualified nail technician..........that'll really crack you up, it did me :mysmilie_13:

They give her that title over at QVC for some reason, she's got no qualifications so I just don't get it, I mean Me hall did a twenty minute fashion course in his dinner hour but they don't call him the "resident fashion expert" AY doesn't even take the trouble to try and convince you otherwise, it's just a QVC ploy to make the customer think they know what they're talking about, must do because after all they have a "resident beauty expert"............. they don't, they're just trying to get your money.

Surely it's more accurate to say, we haven't seen any of her qualifications?

Anyone with a background in the beauty industry working for top brands like Clarins and Decleor in the past will have qualifications. I agree it would be good to see more information of Alison's beauty CV, and some display of qualifications to back up the new strapline "Qualified Beauty Expert".

Latest posts

Back