Friday 18th September - Boycott QVC Day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not buying from DB won't be a hardship for me so happy to join in. I didn't realise for years that he actually was a furrier(is that the correct term?). I do wear leather shoes/bags and I know it's personal choice and we each have our own opinions, but for me real fur is a big NO NO especially when great quality faux is available (not from DB) if it's your thing.

Interesting that Naomi Campbell (PETA fair weather supporter)is on his website:sad: Sad that so many stars still choose fur.

Until I came across this forum I did not even know what DB actually used! I was horrified when I found out, and will of course join the protest. It is a real shame that we are not able to spread the message across the QVC pages I am sure a lot of others would join if they knew the methods DB engaged in to obtain fur.

Count me in too, I can't stand the arrogant g*t or the presenters fawning all over him as if he is God's gift. Maybe QVC will get the message if you get enough support.

Ok...so i don't like him or his stuff so the boycott won't be a problem....but what are we boycotting him for??? have i missed something?

He skins furry animals for a living basically. His stuff on QVC might be fake fur but his main business is in real fur.

re basso, i would never buy anything from his range ever anyway. not sure why you are keen to punish other businesses just because they've been unlucky to be scheduled on the same day as this charming man!!! not really following the logic.

Thanks to all for letting me know that he uses real fur in his other ranges, was not aware of this, will be joining the boycott. I do have a fake fur coat, but would never, never wear real.

re basso, i would never buy anything from his range ever anyway. not sure why you are keen to punish other businesses just because they've been unlucky to be scheduled on the same day as this charming man!!! not really following the logic.

Pure and simple economics, WS, If the drop in sales across the board is pronounced, then the other brands, plus QVC itself, will finally become aware that a substantial number of customers are not prepared to support a shopping channel which, in turn, supports a furrier. It's the only way to make them see that we are not going to allow this issue to go away, and we are not happy with the fact that they sweep our concerns under the carpet and tootle on regardless. Tootling on regardless ceases to be an option when the coffers are empty.

Pure and simple economics, WS, If the drop in sales across the board is pronounced, then the other brands, plus QVC itself, will finally become aware that a substantial number of customers are not prepared to support a shopping channel which, in turn, supports a furrier. It's the only way to make them see that we are not going to allow this issue to go away, and we are not happy with the fact that they sweep our concerns under the carpet and tootle on regardless. Tootling on regardless ceases to be an option when the coffers are empty.

true, Yo. i find it more sensible, if customers stop buying classy basso altogether and he b******s off for good. maybe he would migrate to IW and do a collaboration with Moira C. :giggle:

true, Yo. i find it more sensible, if customers stop buying classy basso altogether and he b******s off for good. maybe he would migrate to IW and do a collaboration with Moira C. :giggle:

now that would be worth a viewing....

Latest posts

Back