Helene Berman TSV 04/04/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

WHOA! How much? ....and that's only for starters. It swamps the smaller girls, makes the larger girls look even larger and the fabric doesn't sit right at the back on any of them. It's as if it's been pumped up like a hot air balloon, and what's with the "Elvis" collar? It looks absolutely ridiculous. The length - On the taller models it's on the knee, which imo is too short for such a fussy dress, whilst it looks slightly better on a shorter body where it comes down mid calf. We've all heard the saying about letting clothes "wear you", well this is a prime example. The only positive thing I can say about this dress is the colour combinations, they're lovely! The price is waaaay too much and the saving is minimal.

I had a quick look, haven’t a good thing to say about this offering,it just looks wrong in so many ways.That was before I saw the price!
Even if you did like it and were prepared to pay the extortionate price, imagine how difficult that cotton would be to iron with all those layers and gathers. 😱

Forget about the green one (although I like the colour) I think it looks cheap, pretty much like anything you can pick up in Primark or New look for under £30. The dark blue and the red floral fabric is lovely, but it's totally wasted on this monstrosity. I'm not a fan of the Elvis collar, but surely it would've had more impact had she styled the dress differently, proper tailored with a nipped in waist, an A line skirt, a belt and got the length sorted out. If Ruthie and Danni can offer petite/tall options then why can't someone like Helene Berman? This dress looks as though it's been designed by a team of people who are all in separate rooms and have met up to put all the bits together - and unsurprisingly it looks wrong. It's as wrong as the price!

Helene said as soon as you put on this dress, you instantly look as though you’ve lost ( can’t remember the exact number) of pounds.Everyone looks huge in it! I think she must have meant pounds as in money! Over £100? Is this really selling as well as they’re making out?
I don't think it's selling in the quantities they say. I wonder if during the day, Debbie will wear it, or Julia. They may well say no. Jilly was a trouper to model it.

Forget about the green one (although I like the colour) I think it looks cheap, pretty much like anything you can pick up in Primark or New look for under £30. The dark blue and the red floral fabric is lovely, but it's totally wasted on this monstrosity. I'm not a fan of the Elvis collar, but surely it would've had more impact had she styled the dress differently, proper tailored with a nipped in waist, an A line skirt, a belt and got the length sorted out. If Ruthie and Danni can offer petite/tall options then why can't someone like Helene Berman? This dress looks as though it's been designed by a team of people who are all in separate rooms and have met up to put all the bits together - and unsurprisingly it looks wrong. It's as wrong as the price!
Exactly! Designed by a team on separate continents.Design by numbers that don’t add up.As if the garment didn’t suit ( looking at Jilly ) do they think they are being ‘trendy’ by making the overall look worse by wearing trainers or boots?

I don't think it's selling in the quantities they say. I wonder if during the day, Debbie will wear it, or Julia. They may well say no. Jilly was a trouper to model it.
Jilly is always a ‘trouper’. I have commented in the past quite aghast how awful she looks in something.She is either ‘too willing’ or does not have a mirror.I have no sympathy!

As hideous as the tent dress is on Jilly,it will never beat the Ronni Nicole tsv Jilly had to wear some years ago. A swing dress,I'll say no more😬

I just looked at the JM dress video. Surely but surely the thing Debbie Flint is wearing is ten times worse? Thank goodness I'm back in the caravan - no QVC. I'll just have to catch up here.

CC

Helene seem nice enough, but I am pleased to say that I have not seen anything in her collection that I had to have, plus imho most of her clothes seem rather overpriced.

Just looked at Debbie Flint dress while presenting yes it is truly awful but I don't think it beats the " the deranged moth" never ever seen anything quite so bad.

Had to have a look at the JM ‘thing’! Oh yes to the depths of awfulness has it plunged big time.There he is drooling over it & almost sold out? The garish ship in full sail on the right just adds another level to the scene.

Exactly! Designed by a team on separate continents.Design by numbers that don’t add up.As if the garment didn’t suit ( looking at Jilly ) do they think they are being ‘trendy’ by making the overall look worse by wearing trainers or boots?

Jilly is always a ‘trouper’. I have commented in the past quite aghast how awful she looks in something.She is either ‘too willing’ or does not have a mirror.I have no sympathy!
OR, that’s Jilly’s way of having a laugh about whichever TSV garment she’s wearing !

Latest posts

Back