I just don't understand the hype ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snarly

Registered Shopper
about Birkenstocks. DF's read out that one woman has 30 pairs. I have a couple pairs and find them so very uncomfortable. I thought what am I missing here, but they are just not for me. Wonder what le Q product just doesn't suit you or live up to the hype. Nosy Snarly.

Well I haven't got 30 pairs, but I love my Birkenstocks...I can walk for miles and miles in them, and they are sooooo comfy. I suppose some folk will not get along with them.

Now then, one of the things I couldn't get on with was Liz Earle's Eye Brighten stuff...I had to wear sunglasses for 4 days until my red puffy eyes had settled down. No doubt some people would swear by it.

Kipling bags...I don't get it. I was given a kipling bag as a gift and it was okay but I don't understand the addiction for some people, one was enough for me.

i too love my Birkies - have about 10 pairs and it is all i wear in the summer.

Elemis PCM cream did absolutely nothing for me - but others here rave about it!

I have very sensitive feet..Birkis work for me but I will only wear them in the summer.

I don't get Gatineau,Elemis,Decleor and any item of clothing with a sparkly cat/dog/bird/capital city on it

I have tried a few over the years in different styles and the only ones i get on with are last years TSV pva ones. The others make my feet ache or rub them raw. I think they are attractive on my narrow small feet so i wear them as slippers in the summer or in the garden.

I like them purely for their comfort,although there are some styles I can't wear.I prefer them to the cheapie flip flops I used to buy,that made you feel as though you were walking barefoot on the pavements - birkenstocks have a bit of "substance" to them.

I also love the fact I don't get all the build up of hard skin on my feet when wearing them,unlike other sandals.

Nope, birkies dont 'do it' for me either - I even prefer Fly Flots to them, and thats saying something !!!!! They make even the smallest feet look as though they're wearing diver's boots.

I love my birkis and have about five pairs. I wear them all summer. I could walk forever in them and not have a hint of a sore foot! Why anyone would suffer chafing and blistering on their tootsies is beyond me.

I wear Birkenstocks all though the Summer, I have 6 pairs. I also have 2 Kipling bags, I would like a couple more, but nothing like 30.

I do not get the hype which goes with Elemis, especially when there is a TSV coming up. I have tried the brand and I did not like it much which is fair enough, we are all different. When they are due a TSV, things can get very heated on here and even more so on facebook. Its obviously a very popular brand.

Hey, can't get the thanks/like button to work, so please take it as a given everyone. I don't get the hoopla about Kipling monkeys!?! and Nail Envy/Avoplex destroys my nails. Thankfully Prostrong works wonders. Funny ol' world, innit?

I've only tried one pair of Birkenstocks. Quite frankly I think they're f'ugly BUT I could forgive them if they were comfy. They murder my feet. I know people who absolutely love them. I do think it's partly down to the fact that they're too big for me. I wear a 7 and I bought a 7 but I've tried on a 6 in TK Maxx and they fit so much better. But there's no guarantee they won't kill my feet either so I'm not buying another pair.

I also think Birkenstocks are really ugly. I have never felt the urge to buy a pair. I have got one Kipling bag... but I ditched the monkey...LOL

It's occurrs to me that QVC drive the need to 'add to your collection' and 'this would be a good introduction to the brand' type of sales patter. It is their bread and butter to get the public to feel they have to keep adding to their possesions, but how many of anything do we really need? Especially when the basic item is only different in colour or pattern? I am doing very well in my resolve not to buy anymore from QVC at the moment and hope it will continue.

I'm going to sound like a right contrary mary here. I also just do not understand the hype surrounding Kipling bags - they're all much of a muchness and, animal and unnecessary-trinket lover though I am, the monkeys are neither cute nor pretty (and certainly not necessary!).

But..... I have actually recently ordered one!! I have been after a particular type of bag for a particular purpose for quite some time, and one of the Kipling ones on the Leap Year Easy Pay promotion seemed to fit the bill, so I went for it. The monkey will be going in the bin (or given to the cats), and for all I care the bag could have come from the market and I'd still have bought it (albeit far cheaper, no doubt....!!).

There are lots of things where hype is beyond me, even for product I like or used to like. I am definitely a handbag rather than a shoe girl, so I don't own any birkenstocks and can't walk in heels! I have a couple of pairs of black shoes for work (clarks, I think) a pair of knee high boots from Duo because they do different calf sizes, a pair of fit flops for the summer and some espadrilles, and some black sheepskin fit flop boots for winter, that's it apart from my wedding shoes, which are making another appearance when I am a bridesmaid in may. By many peoples standards that's not too many shoes. With bags, I keep my collection to about 6 Kipling bags, 2 kathy van zeeland bags, one top shop leather bag, one fiorelli Wimbledon and for best a black leather Mulberry bayswater. I used to have more but flogged them on eBay to help pay for my wedding. The thing with kipling is you either love or hate them. I like the fact that they are like a tardis inside, are lightweight, have good organisation,, lovely colours and you can bung them in the wash. My Defea is great as a baby bag when I don't want to carry my handbag as well. With the exception of one or two which I keep for sentimental reasons I remove the monkeys and flog them on eBay. I got a fiver for each one. Oh and apart from my black large fair fax which was a TSV and the blossom make up bag I got all my others on amazon for a fraction of the price.

As for skincare I used PCMC until I got bored with it and sold a couple of pots on eBay. It's the Pro collegen night cream that gets me, I tried it, in a TSV again, it's "ok" but hardly worth the 90 quid price tag QVC are charging! The only skincare I have ever raved about is Cleanse and Polish and Moringa balm, as like jewellry, skincare is not one size fits all.

Finally I don't get the hype about Lola Rose or Butler and Wilson.

I hate Radley bags with a passion.
The lesbians where I live wear football strips and trainers or dungarees and doc martens!

Latest posts

Back