Jade biggest news ever

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For some reason, he is babbling on about some investment fund who have invested in Jade

He is like Warren Buffett

Reading a press release from an investor group wow I am surprised it is pro Jade Dave

This is like timeshare selling

15 minutes in and you still can't buy anything

If their jade is such a wonderful investment, why has Gemporia had really serious financial issues? Why has Steve Bennett had to reappear and pour millions of pounds into the business? Why was Colin Wagstaffe dumped along with loads of on air and back of house staff if the company owns such fantabulous material?

Gemporia seems to have cornered the market in ****** jade, so you would think that everyone in the company would be a millionaire now. On paper, at least.

Yet they aren't. And despite their jade allegedly being top tier etc, it's either set into Midas or tiny amounts of 9K gold if you are lucky.

Jade Troth can say whatever he likes, but his tall tales don't stack up all that well against reality.

If their jade is such a wonderful investment, why has Gemporia had really serious financial issues? Why has Steve Bennett had to reappear and pour millions of pounds into the business? Why was Colin Wagstaffe dumped along with loads of on air and back of house staff if the company owns such fantabulous material?

Gemporia seems to have cornered the market in ****** jade, so you would think that everyone in the company would be a millionaire now. On paper, at least.

Yet they aren't. And despite their jade allegedly being top tier etc, it's either set into Midas or tiny amounts of 9K gold if you are lucky.

Jade Troth can say whatever he likes, but his tall tales don't stack up all that well against reality.
When I hear some of the selling techniques and extreme claims that is a red flag for me as it sounds desperate. Note to Hattie - the higher the volume does not make you a better or trustworthy presenter. I would challenge Dave to show us a recent actual valuation of the actual material he is selling (not just a random comparison from a carefully selected publication). And if you have purchased something, have you had it valued? The contributors to this forum are informed and questioning, but I worry for people who are trusting what they hear.🙁

I saw someone who had bought that giant black disc of jade, along with the huge silver mount on the Facebook page. People were saying kind things like its a statement piece etc and the lady loved it (which of course is all that matters) but would she have bought it if it hadn't been on her favourite shopping channel?

I saw someone who had bought that giant black disc of jade, along with the huge silver mount on the Facebook page. People were saying kind things like its a statement piece etc and the lady loved it (which of course is all that matters) but would she have bought it if it hadn't been on her favourite shopping channel?
It is great when you receive a piece of jewellery that you love. I have many items myself from Gemporia. It is just that the presentations for Jade are inferring significant value and many customers will buy for that reason.

I will confidently state that Troth will never show a valuation of his jade - using the ASA's dislike of telly selly giving investment advice (real or otherwise) to potential customers as a reason not to.

What I would say is this: if Gemporia's finances were so bad they almost sank the company, and have left it reducing telly time, ditching channels and internal brands, and making long term staff redundant, would any of the buyers be in a position to buy top tier jade material in the quantities we have seen since last autumn?

I think the majority of us here on Shopping Telly are happy to buy something we love at a price we are happy to pay, and not swayed by tall tales and high valuations. Unfortunately if you read the reviews on Feefo and the messages into the studio, all is well! Now that the refunds have sped up, there are very few complaints on the Feefo site, apart from the usual ‘Oh it seemed much bigger onscreen’ (I really don’t know how big you expect a 1/20 of a diamond to be?!!) I watched the Seafoam Green diamond show yesterday, and thought vaguely that I’d seen something like it before. Dave was in full flow about this one of a kind 5.5 ct diamond, sold for millions. Someone texted in that she’d bought one from the Collection for her daughter when they were on air last. Angeline ‘Look at the tic a tape’ quickly mentioned that this was the second part of the collection! Not a single word prior to the message. And Dear God, did anyone see that horrific necklace that she was wearing?

Its true value is probably 1/5th to 1/3rd of what you pay for it. The top grade Jadeite is horrendously expensive and miles apart from what Gemporia is selling in terms of how it looks. If you compare their pieces to the Jadeite available online upwards of 10K plus, you can see why the expensive pieces are that expensive. Troth's looks like decent retail grade in my opinion.

If I were collecting lots of the more expensive items for sale, I'd want to send some of it to someone who knows how to value Jadeite, but I would expect them to say it's only worth a fraction of what was paid. Jewellery tends to work on healthy margins.

I have no issue with the Jewellery having a large margin

However, making zero indication that the item you are selling has no relevance to the source being quoted is not only wrong morally and ethically it is breaching every guideline

It is always worth remembering that everybody on this forum is aware that you are not going to buy anything from shopping tv (or any retail outlet for that matter) and sell it for a profit (certainly not in the next decade anyway)

I have no issue with the Jewellery having a large margin

However, making zero indication that the item you are selling has no relevance to the source being quoted is not only wrong morally and ethically it is breaching every guideline

It is always worth remembering that everybody on this forum is aware that you are not going to buy anything from shopping tv (or any retail outlet for that matter) and sell it for a profit (certainly not in the next decade anyway)

Ye of little faith. They can't even buy the Jadeite wholesale at the prices they are selling it for. They could sell it back into the market for loads more but they love us.

I wanted to buy a Lamborghini last week and they asked me what I wanted to use as payment. I slapped down those Jadeite fish hook earrings on the table and it was like a mic drop. Boom, now those people owe me money.

No but I wished I had!! Ellis is on now banging on again about the jade being legacy pieces.....when will it end? When will Steve step in and do something?
I don’t think he is going to change anything! I think they are still making money on what thay have in stock and already in the pipeline. They have cut back staffing levels and cut airtime, so lots of cost savings there. I have to say that my spending has dropped dramatically since the departure of Derek and Jeff, and as I have zero interest in Jade, there’s not much else to interest me.

I don’t think he is going to change anything! I think they are still making money on what thay have in stock and already in the pipeline. They have cut back staffing levels and cut airtime, so lots of cost savings there. I have to say that my spending has dropped dramatically since the departure of Derek and Jeff, and as I have zero interest in Jade, there’s not much else to interest me.
I fear that until they clear up the never-ending Jade stock we will be in “deliver us from Dave’s very exclusive niche taste in gem wonders” conundrum ! What genius gave him a huge budget to purchase enough Jade for each customer to “build their own museum of Jade”🤪😅, the whole “building museum” talk seem to do be the new enticing idea he is plugging.

Kit10, great news for the likes of you and I! the new line was presented by Dave Last weekend, in case you have missed it 😅😂

He took a whole hour to present “collectors item, in its own wooden box with a market value of £499”…waited patiently for this rare “bulls eye agate”….wow! We were truly speechless at my house when we saw “the rare mineral specimen, that took months to put together”….5 round pieces of pale ( not very attractive) agate, suspiciously baring predrilled holes….as if he took some bracelets apart and shoved them into wooden display boxes🤣😅! Wow! Given to us benevolently at £14.99 price tag!

I must be fair and credit Mr Po Face with the amount of laughter he gave us with that special item, thank you! Encouraged by gasping in awe Rachel Hatton and selected messages of gratitude from the viewers he promised that it is going to be the “first of many to collect”😅….really? I have lost sleep, trying to contain excitement!

I fear that until they clear up the never-ending Jade stock we will be in “deliver us from Dave’s very exclusive niche taste in gem wonders” conundrum ! What genius gave him a huge budget to purchase enough Jade for each customer to “build their own museum of Jade”🤪😅, the whole “building museum” talk seem to do be the new enticing idea he is plugging.

Kit10, great news for the likes of you and I! the new line was presented by Dave Last weekend, in case you have missed it 😅😂

He took a whole hour to present “collectors item, in its own wooden box with a market value of £499”…waited patiently for this rare “bulls eye agate”….wow! We were truly speechless at my house when we saw “the rare mineral specimen, that took months to put together”….5 round pieces of pale ( not very attractive) agate, suspiciously baring predrilled holes….as if he took some bracelets apart and shoved them into wooden display boxes🤣😅! Wow! Given to us benevolently at £14.99 price tag!

I must be fair and credit Mr Po Face with the amount of laughter he gave us with that special item, thank you! Encouraged by gasping in awe Rachel Hatton and selected messages of gratitude from the viewers he promised that it is going to be the “first of many to collect”😅….really? I have lost sleep, trying to contain excitement!
I am devastated that I missed this, Womanwithnoname! What was I thinking of, going on holiday and not tuning in for Dave’s earth shattering news. I don’t deserve to be a Custodian of these treasures 🙁

Latest posts

Back