Jill again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
Now with Sam Ovens on sketchers. Sam says everyone go down half a size on this design. Jill says and if you’re an 8? Yes go down half a size. But there isn’t a 7.5
she cries! Well go down a full size. Are they serious? Firstly why did Jill press the issue and secondly why did Sam say go down a full size? Clearly that wouldn’t fit. Would it be a crime to say there’s a lot more coming up so plenty to choose from in your correct size? I like Sam but she was put on the spot and gave bad advice. Qvc will shoehorn anyone into anything, in the hope it won’t be returned.

I come on here to see what is going on with QVC, or on the website in case there is anything I want ( rarely if ever these days). I simply cannot watch any show for more than a few minutes, although I did catch Alison, Keeley and the model who scrubs her face, having the giggles yesterday.Not sure what it was about.

Now with Sam Ovens on sketchers. Sam says everyone go down half a size on this design. Jill says and if you’re an 8? Yes go down half a size. But there isn’t a 7.5
she cries! Well go down a full size. Are they serious? Firstly why did Jill press the issue and secondly why did Sam say go down a full size? Clearly that wouldn’t fit. Would it be a crime to say there’s a lot more coming up so plenty to choose from in your correct size? I like Sam but she was put on the spot and gave bad advice. Qvc will shoehorn anyone into anything, in the hope it won’t be returned.
It gets my goat why shoe manufacturers can't produce shoes the correct size. A solution for QVC would be to show on the screen the info about up or down a size at the time the shoes are being presented. Debbie Flint is the best for detailing how shoes fit. The BA for Moda is hopeless. All she talks about is the design. And why is 7.5 not made? There must be tons of people with this size foot. No matter how pretty or useful looking the shoes are, it's useless to buy the wrong size. QVC's own fault if shoes get returned.

It gets my goat why shoe manufacturers can't produce shoes the correct size. A solution for QVC would be to show on the screen the info about up or down a size at the time the shoes are being presented. Debbie Flint is the best for detailing how shoes fit. The BA for Moda is hopeless. All she talks about is the design. And why is 7.5 not made? There must be tons of people with this size foot. No matter how pretty or useful looking the shoes are, it's useless to buy the wrong size. QVC's own fault if shoes get returned.
Debbie wears Q voluntarily and has very wide feet (I can relate) so she is on the ball with shoe fit and sizing. Most of the others don’t do any homework. In this area the male presenters don’t do so well as they aren’t going to admit to trying and wearing the shoes!

If they are going to advise customers to buy the wrong size then they need to add a special returns policy that allows the customer to receive a paid returns label if they return them within the statutory 14 days which also means you get the p&p back. With clothing it’s slightly different as one can choose to hang on to something and slim down into it , wear it with a belt, or even do your own alterations. I guess you could use heel grips and insoles, but as we all know there’s nothing worse than uncomfortable footwear. Your shoe size doesn’t change, so an ill fitting pair of shoes will always be an ill fitting pair of shoes!

If they are going to advise customers to buy the wrong size then they need to add a special returns policy that allows the customer to receive a paid returns label if they return them within the statutory 14 days which also means you get the p&p back. With clothing it’s slightly different as one can choose to hang on to something and slim down into it , wear it with a belt, or even do your own alterations. I guess you could use heel grips and insoles, but as we all know there’s nothing worse than uncomfortable footwear. Your shoe size doesn’t change, so an ill fitting pair of shoes will always be an ill fitting pair of shoes!
Great idea.

Nobody with common sense would go a full size down,and think a shoe would fit.
Is it lazy shopping sales or just plain desperation?
QVC seems to be getting worse the presenters(salespeople) just live in a bubble of self promotion,indifference,self indulgence.
And contempt for their customer/audience base,week in week out!

Chiropodists and podiatrists rejoice! Q’s advice will leave a legacy of foot problems for you to deal with. Too narrow? Bunions beckon. Too loose? Hail the hammer toes. In my case tight shoes gave me bunions and persistent onycholisis (nail detaching from the nail bed). Too small? Blisters and corns and goodness knows what will grace your feet.

Jill also has a tendency to ask questions which a) she should be able to answer herself and b) puts the BA on the spot and c) are inappropriate. I saw a repeat of a shoe hour and she asked the fashion expert to justify the price of the shoe; it wasn't a brand ambassador so there was an uncomfortable moment. JF clearly wouldn't wear the footwear in question but she never would have asked say Ben di Lisi or Julien MacDoda to justify the cost of one of their garments. She is an awful presenter especially when there is a guest of some sort.

Jill also has a tendency to ask questions which a) she should be able to answer herself and b) puts the BA on the spot and c) are inappropriate. I saw a repeat of a shoe hour and she asked the fashion expert to justify the price of the shoe; it wasn't a brand ambassador so there was an uncomfortable moment. JF clearly wouldn't wear the footwear in question but she never would have asked say Ben di Lisi or Julien MacDoda to justify the cost of one of their garments. She is an awful presenter especially when there is a guest of some sort.
Some QVC guests merit a "Hello darling" and a big hug from Jill. Others do not. Sometimes I feel embarrassed for her when she fawns over the more well-known guests. Kelly Hoppen and Simon Wilson get hugs and double kisses. Keeley, for example, gets nothing.

Some QVC guests merit a "Hello darling" and a big hug from Jill. Others do not. Sometimes I feel embarrassed for her when she fawns over the more well-known guests. Kelly Hoppen and Simon Wilson get hugs and double kisses. Keeley, for example, gets nothing.
Read that Keeley did not look that happy when they did the TSV together.

She appears to be looking at you through glass as it were. It’s almost similar to the feeling I got from some people with autism I used to work with. She seems to me to lack the general warmth and interaction skills you would expect from somebody doing such a job. I do often wonder how a) she got the job in the first place and b) what she is still doing in it decades later (well, it feels like decades)? Her cold and disinterested to suddenly animated and amiable manner reminds me of shop counter scenarios of years gone by, when two assistants would look right through you and continue chatting if they thought you looked a mug, and jumped to startled attention if you ‘interested’ them in some way. I have never rated her as being remotely suitable to perform the job. But obviously - somebody there does - and all the other continual foghorn and inarticulate ‘literally’ brigade strugglers in their roles there.

She appears to be looking at you through glass as it were. It’s almost similar to the feeling I got from some people with autism I used to work with. She seems to me to lack the general warmth and interaction skills you would expect from somebody doing such a job. I do often wonder how a) she got the job in the first place and b) what she is still doing in it decades later (well, it feels like decades)? Her cold and disinterested to suddenly animated and amiable manner reminds me of shop counter scenarios of years gone by, when two assistants would look right through you and continue chatting if they thought you looked a mug, and jumped to startled attention if you ‘interested’ them in some way. I have never rated her as being remotely suitable to perform the job. But obviously - somebody there does - and all the other continual foghorn and inarticulate ‘literally’ brigade strugglers in their roles there.
Everyone is unique,so just because someone reacts to you differently doesn't mean you should label them as autistic.

Everyone is unique,so just because someone reacts to you differently doesn't mean you should label them as autistic.
I didn't label her as autistic. If you read what I said, I said looking at her reminded me of autistic people I had worked with in years gone by. That is very different from diagnosing her with autism, which I'm not in a position to do, by the way.

And to add - a lot of the people diagnosed under the autistic spectrum I worked with were incredibly creative and talented people. There is absolutely no stigma involved in being autistic and there never should have been. What I would diagnose her with is not being a very good shopping television presenter. But of course, that is a purely subjective diagnosis, and I may well be mistaken on that.

Originally started doing Fitness.

Latest posts

Back