Jill Franks You Bi*ch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just gotta say Moynah, well done for posting here, I totally agree with what you're saying...... took guts knowing you'd probably be blasted for your post & I suspect you weren't talking neccessarily about bb's post but the general relentless negative bullying drivel that spurts out this forum, name calling (I mean Chuntley? gees grow up!)
yeah having a pop occasionally at a presenter is fair enough but when it's relentless post after post (talking generally on the forum not BB's post on it's own) thread after thread...really folks read Moynah's post, the reasons are there, and you know it....It's always the women presenters who get it the neck over and over again ....Jill Franks & Julia Roberts et al probably have fabulous lives, get over it lol, aspire to your soul not to what others have...

...just waiting for the denials now...lets see...oh they're fair game, they're in the public eye, I'm not jealous, my life is wonderful etc etc.........lol

What's wrong with Chuntley?, it's a contraction of her name. Not easily done or does not scan with any of the presenters names. Cept maybe for Crowe.

I love when forum members tell other forum members to grow up. Not condescending at all.

:mysmilie_507:

Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by moynah
Good point.

I do notice a lot of presenters were ex-dancers, especially JR & JF, it has always made me wonder why we don't see them more often together on air. I really think that JF IS genuine, honest, and a real good friend to many people, who would never dream of whispering behind ones back.

I have to be honest though, I do think that these days, ST members are more and more critical of presenters, which in all honesty, is a little unfair:dull: pulling someone down can be fun.. but not for the 'victim'

When I was at school, I was bullied. At the time I was told this advice...

1. Personally unhappy

People that are always criticizing others is that they are deeply unhappy, have a low self esteem and perhaps even depressed. When people are depressed, sad or insecure often the world becomes very dark and they do see the enemy everywhere. Some people are very jealous of other people's success and deeply resent it. They then start to 'act' out.

2. They are seeking attention...

It can also be a form of projection. They project onto others what they feel about themselves. When they call you a loser, really this is a direct reflection of how they feel about themselves. It is likely too that they consider this how you think about them so they get the insult out there first. The more unkind they are to you, the more distance you create between you, and this results in them trying harder to get your attention.

3 They feel Rejected .....
They feel rejected and try with inappropriate means to re-establish a connection. Look at how 'naughty children' behave when trying to get attention. The attention grabbing efforts are always negative and not positive. Is it possible this person has yet to learn these methods are not effective!

4 they are jealous.....
If you are an attractive, bubbly, successful, wealthy person with a nice happy home, great relationship, lovely children, nice car or any number of other things that this person does not have then this is in itself is reason for them to resent you if they are unhappy about what they lack in their own life.

When people took these pot shots at me, I generally see it for what it is. Insecurity and jealousy. I pity them and as such bear them no ill feeling. I may try to help them feel better about themselves or to gain what it is they want but do not have but ultimately if they can't quit their griping which can in the end drive even the strongest person down, then I will distance myself from them, perhaps indefinitely.

so if you are being critisized, Miss Presenter...
Do not let people like this get you down and remember you are almost always at an advantage when compared to them but their level of insecurity may make you their target, however think of it as just a little reminder of how successful you are

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Just gotta say Moynah, well done for posting here, I totally agree with what you're saying...... took guts knowing you'd probably be blasted for your post & I suspect you weren't talking neccessarily about bb's post but the general relentless negative bullying drivel that spurts out this forum, name calling (I mean Chuntley? gees grow up!)

yeah having a pop occasionally at a presenter is fair enough but when it's relentless post after post (talking generally on the forum not BB's post on it's own) thread after thread...really folks read Moynah's post, the reasons are there, and you know it....It's always the women presenters who get it the neck over and over again ....Jill Franks & Julia Roberts et al probably have fabulous lives, get over it lol, aspire to your soul not to what others have...

...just waiting for the denials now...lets see...oh they're fair game, they're in the public eye, I'm not jealous, my life is wonderful etc etc.........lol
Patronising and condescending claptrap personified. Now.....just who wins top spot on the moral high ground?? :mysmilie_506:

Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by moynah
Good point.

I do notice a lot of presenters were ex-dancers, especially JR & JF, it has always made me wonder why we don't see them more often together on air. I really think that JF IS genuine, honest, and a real good friend to many people, who would never dream of whispering behind ones back.

I have to be honest though, I do think that these days, ST members are more and more critical of presenters, which in all honesty, is a little unfair:dull: pulling someone down can be fun.. but not for the 'victim'

When I was at school, I was bullied. At the time I was told this advice...

1. Personally unhappy

People that are always criticizing others is that they are deeply unhappy, have a low self esteem and perhaps even depressed. When people are depressed, sad or insecure often the world becomes very dark and they do see the enemy everywhere. Some people are very jealous of other people's success and deeply resent it. They then start to 'act' out.

2. They are seeking attention...

It can also be a form of projection. They project onto others what they feel about themselves. When they call you a loser, really this is a direct reflection of how they feel about themselves. It is likely too that they consider this how you think about them so they get the insult out there first. The more unkind they are to you, the more distance you create between you, and this results in them trying harder to get your attention.

3 They feel Rejected .....
They feel rejected and try with inappropriate means to re-establish a connection. Look at how 'naughty children' behave when trying to get attention. The attention grabbing efforts are always negative and not positive. Is it possible this person has yet to learn these methods are not effective!

4 they are jealous.....
If you are an attractive, bubbly, successful, wealthy person with a nice happy home, great relationship, lovely children, nice car or any number of other things that this person does not have then this is in itself is reason for them to resent you if they are unhappy about what they lack in their own life.

When people took these pot shots at me, I generally see it for what it is. Insecurity and jealousy. I pity them and as such bear them no ill feeling. I may try to help them feel better about themselves or to gain what it is they want but do not have but ultimately if they can't quit their griping which can in the end drive even the strongest person down, then I will distance myself from them, perhaps indefinitely.

so if you are being critisized, Miss Presenter...
Do not let people like this get you down and remember you are almost always at an advantage when compared to them but their level of insecurity may make you their target, however think of it as just a little reminder of how successful you are

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Patronising and condescending claptrap personified. Now.....just who wins top spot on the moral high ground?? :mysmilie_506:

PPC: Why are so many of your posts so spiteful and nasty towards other Forum members?

Personally, I think the "bullying" bit is a bit over the top. I have had my fair share of being "teased"( that's what my teachers used to call it) at school, they only wanted to know if you were bloodied or bruised, which thankfully never happened to me, but there were times where I dreaded going to school, because people weren't being very nice to me. Like I say, teachers were no help and in my eyes actively encouraged it, especially in games lessons, choosing the most sporty/popular children as team captains and allowing them to choose their own teams, thus allowing them to choose their personal friends, most sporty and turning a blind eye to the cruel comments they made to the kiddies left at the end "I suppose I'll have to have Scabby/smelly/fleabag etc". Any child who approached a teacher upset and/or in tears was told not to tell tales, not to be a crybaby...charming. Thankfully, my secondary school was not like this at all, the teachers were fierce, and we were there to learn, and boy did we know that! Anyway, enough of that and on to this. Unfavourable comments on here about presenters, sometimes I think they can be unneccesarily cruel, but are not comparable to the life of someone who is suffering from bullying in the home/workplace, which can have a profoundly negative effect on one's day to day existence. Public eye, or no public eye, comments can still be hurtful, and I'll try not to do that myself, if I feel a comment is a bit strong, I'll say so....but I wouldn't go so far as to accuse that person of being a bully...they're not.

What I do think though is perhaps as posters on here, we should concentrate on the way we speak to our fellow posters, not upon a few comments made about presenters who may, or may not read this forum. We don't have to agree with one another every time to make this a good forum, but it can be quite unpleasant when the posters start fighting amongst themselves!

I don't usually get stuck in to any presenter (although I reserve the right to if one of them annoys me or tells a blatant lie!) but I don't think its JUST the women who get bitched about. Craig Rowe and Charlie Brook are frequently criticised too. Also, it stands to reason that there will be more posts about the female presenters because there are more of them!
Moynah's thread made interesting reading, but I don't understand how if, for example, Julia takes the piss out of a baby's name on air (Kipling show) or if she makes a dig at a model, then gets criticised on the forum, that that means we are jealous! Maybe in that case, Julia could be accused of being a bully! And so it goes on........:whew:

I think BB lit the blue touch paper when he posted this thread. Even the thread title is controversial.
Are you sitting back watching the fireworks BB.?

I think BB was just having a bit of bitchin' fun. If only Jill had not singled out Claire's name excluding Debbie's... well, she'd have given no grist to the mill. I think all the bitchery is funny, even though it pains me to read the swipes at the blessed Julia (great professional, nice with a dash of the total diva about her: love her!). And, surely, if you were a presenter, the last thing you would do would be to come on here to puncture your ego? Surely, this is what's fun about ST in addition to the helpful stuff about stock and qvc return/refund policies etc?

Latest posts

Back