Jill Franks You Bi*ch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn't see it so can't judge really but have to concede that a lot can be implied by the tone of voice as well as the choice of words used. I tend to think JF was probably being gormless like the previous poster said as she doesn't strike me as being the bitchy type, but who knows :thinking: as I can't imagine that irl all the women in the QVC stable like each other?? :emo:

I like Jill. She's a bit "quirky", obviously spoilt by her hubby and slightly dim, but I don't think she could be deliberately nasty/bitchy etc.

I find Jill Franks highly irritating but I don't think that she is at all nasty. She was probably just wittering on as usual.

Although not a fan of JF she does not strike me that she is a nasty person at all. I think the crown for being the bitch at QVC will go to JR. IMO

Lilian, how nice to think that Claire is as sweet as she portrays, I'm happy to stand corrected. I just get so bored of seeing all the JF-hating comments on this forum. She's not my favourite presenter, but I don't think she deserves the slagging that she gets here.

I agree about JR being a complete cow though, even if she is very professional, she just can't help being really quite nasty at times.

Plenty of people have been bullied in this life Moynah and even by those supposed to care about you. The sermon on the mount isn't necessary particularly as JF has a genuinely fabulous lifestyle and home life.

Sorry to hear you have been bullied yourself though and well done for getting past it.

Good point.

I do notice a lot of presenters were ex-dancers, especially JR & JF, it has always made me wonder why we don't see them more often together on air. I really think that JF IS genuine, honest, and a real good friend to many people, who would never dream of whispering behind ones back.

I have to be honest though, I do think that these days, ST members are more and more critical of presenters, which in all honesty, is a little unfair:dull: pulling someone down can be fun.. but not for the 'victim'

When I was at school, I was bullied. At the time I was told this advice...

1. Personally unhappy

People that are always criticizing others is that they are deeply unhappy, have a low self esteem and perhaps even depressed. When people are depressed, sad or insecure often the world becomes very dark and they do see the enemy everywhere. Some people are very jealous of other people's success and deeply resent it. They then start to 'act' out.

2. They are seeking attention...

It can also be a form of projection. They project onto others what they feel about themselves. When they call you a loser, really this is a direct reflection of how they feel about themselves. It is likely too that they consider this how you think about them so they get the insult out there first. The more unkind they are to you, the more distance you create between you, and this results in them trying harder to get your attention.

3 They feel Rejected .....
They feel rejected and try with inappropriate means to re-establish a connection. Look at how 'naughty children' behave when trying to get attention. The attention grabbing efforts are always negative and not positive. Is it possible this person has yet to learn these methods are not effective!

4 they are jealous.....
If you are an attractive, bubbly, successful, wealthy person with a nice happy home, great relationship, lovely children, nice car or any number of other things that this person does not have then this is in itself is reason for them to resent you if they are unhappy about what they lack in their own life.

When people took these pot shots at me, I generally see it for what it is. Insecurity and jealousy. I pity them and as such bear them no ill feeling. I may try to help them feel better about themselves or to gain what it is they want but do not have but ultimately if they can't quit their griping which can in the end drive even the strongest person down, then I will distance myself from them, perhaps indefinitely.

so if you are being critisized, Miss Presenter...
Do not let people like this get you down and remember you are almost always at an advantage when compared to them but their level of insecurity may make you their target, however think of it as just a little reminder of how successful you are

oh please. we've all been bullied, or most of us have, i certainly have but that's not the reason why i see someone being a cow on tv. and i dont need a load of psychobabble to help me to "get past it" thank you. you live life, you learn, you deal with things. its called growing up. this sort of new-age rubbish is the reason why our country is going down the toilet at a rate of knots. people have no ****** backbone. cobblers.

to be honest BFG the link would add nothing. i witnessed JF doing something which may/may not be construed as bitchy towards a fellow presenter. it wasnt all that interesting but i was bored so i posted.

i dont really feel ive "victimised" anyone by posting a comment. and even if i was intending to do that its hardly relevant to miss franks unless she
a) reads this forum which i doubt.
b) cares which i also doubt.
what JF clearly has is self belief. you only have to listen to her to know that.

apart from that, whilst i wouldnt support bullying of the sort that makes people feel desperately unhappy or even worse, i DO think that we've now mollycoddled two generations to the point where its impossible to tell anyone that theyve done something wrong, failed, or done badly at something without being accused of bullying them.

so what do we do instead? we all gather round on saturday night to watch a panel of judges telling people theyve done something wrong, failed, or done badly. and dont we just love it? what sort of primeval need is this fulfilling? i suspect if we didnt live in the society we live in today these shows would not be the hits that they are because we'd all be out getting our kicks arguing the toss with real people. the difference with these shows is that their "victims" signed the contract. they know how it works and they have said "yes please"

so this also applies to people who present on shopping telly or any other form of media. they have signed the contract. so get over it they dont need our help and theyre certainly not victims. bleeding heart liberals should concentrate their efforts on people who are genuinley victimised and didnt sign up for it.

and if anyone on here wants to tell me how "desperately upset" catherine huntley or anyone else for that matter is about what people are saying about them then i have one message to pass back: if you dont like it, get off our screens and stop publicising your life on the internet. and if you dont want to do that then stop ****** moaning.

p.s isnt katiue waissel one talentless waste of space?

Burlz you're very right....but I'd hate to say that in case others feel undermined.

Jude xx

Burlz you're very right....but I'd hate to say that in case others feel undermined.

Jude xx

I agree with him too.
And
a. Im getting v fed up with all this talk about 'bullying'.
b. Im getting v fed up with all this pseudo-psychoanalysis from people unqualified to offer it.
X

Last edited:
to be honest BFG the link would add nothing. i witnessed JF doing something which may/may not be construed as bitchy towards a fellow presenter. it wasnt all that interesting but i was bored so i posted.

i dont really feel ive "victimised" anyone by posting a comment. and even if i was intending to do that its hardly relevant to miss franks unless she
what JF clearly has is self belief. you only have to listen to her to know that.

apart from that, whilst i wouldnt support bullying of the sort that makes people feel desperately unhappy or even worse, i DO think that we've now mollycoddled two generations to the point where its impossible to tell anyone that theyve done something wrong, failed, or done badly at something without being accused of bullying them.

so what do we do instead? we all gather round on saturday night to watch a panel of judges telling people theyve done something wrong, failed, or done badly. and dont we just love it? what sort of primeval need is this fulfilling? i suspect if we didnt live in the society we live in today these shows would not be the hits that they are because we'd all be out getting our kicks arguing the toss with real people. the difference with these shows is that their "victims" signed the contract. they know how it works and they have said "yes please"

so this also applies to people who present on shopping telly or any other form of media. they have signed the contract. so get over it they dont need our help and theyre certainly not victims. bleeding heart liberals should concentrate their efforts on people who are genuinley victimised and didnt sign up for it.

and if anyone on here wants to tell me how "desperately upset" catherine huntley or anyone else for that matter is about what people are saying about them then i have one message to pass back: if you dont like it, get off our screens and stop publicising your life on the internet. and if you dont want to do that then stop ****** moaning.

It sure would!, inflection, tone,cadence is everything. If there were a link 9 out of 10 folk would be able to tell the intent.

However, since you are the arbiter of all things bitchy, I guess we can take your word for it.

FYI, I don't watch any of those shows you're talking about, the cringe factor is too high. My brain has already threatened to secede from my body for watching things like Gok's Fashion Fix and what not, so I can't push it.

Last edited:
Oh BurlyBeaR thank you for the voice of common sense! For the last few years its been sooo fashionable to relate to the world and his wife how you have been/are bullied, or you have a wheat allergy, or were abused by the family pet. For gawds sake, we are ALL sodding victims of one sort or another, (who WASN'T bullied at school or in the workplace ???)but the generations coming up behind us baby boomers cant wait to inflict their 'poor me' stories onto the rest of us.

Get some back bone, deal with it - its called life. Heaven forbid we have to go through another world war because my safety would be dependant on battalions of COUNSELLORS !!!!!!!!!!

Ok the presenters get their share of flack on here, BUT if they were in the least bit important then we would be seeing them get even worse flack in the national press. I wonder which they would prefer.

Well said. :mysmilie_497:

Or maybe, just maybe, this is yet another nasty thread about a QVC presenter, who may well have just blurted out something without meaning to. Calling a total stranger a "bitch" is a new low, even for this Forum. I'm surpised you haven't mentioned her "equine face" - oh no, that was another one about JR's daughter, wasn't it? (and yes I know the OP didn't call her that).

Last edited:
Or maybe, just maybe, this is yet another nasty thread about a QVC presenter, who may well have just blurted out something without meaning to. Calling a total stranger a "bitch" is a new low, even for this Forum. I'm surpised you haven't mentioned her "equine face" - oh no, that was another one about JR's daughter, wasn't it? (and yes I know the OP didn't call her that).

Relevance to this thread?

if it werent acceptable to pass comment about a person without actually knowing them personally then there would be an awful lot of tv and print journalists out of work.

please get real.

anyone who likes JF or any of the others has every opportunity to start a positive thread saying so and saying the reasons why. i wouldnt jump onto it accusing the OP and the people who agreed with them of being sycophants and i dont think many other forum members would either. if anyone wants to disagree with me feel free, thats the point of a forum, but stop slagging people off or impying that theyre bullies or victimising people just becuase they have a negative opinion. we're not children, youre not moderators and its pathetic.

this forum used to be feisty and fun and compulsive. some of the FM's who predate even me will remember the good old/bad old days when things sometimes got a little *ahem* out of hand. and the reason it got out of hand was that people started commenting on eachother instead of the people on TV. I'm not suggesting we go back to that but we're at the point now where people are apologising for their comments "sorry if this upsets anyone".... "just my own opinion" blah blah for fear of being jumped on. Its absolutely ridiculous.

i call on my fellow forum members to stop cow-towing to the PC brigade and post your opinions without fear or apology. i'll back you to the hilt, even if you ARE slagging off my lovely old JR :cheeky:

she was just presenting a camera with some bloke and they had some pics of other presenters. he shows a pic of debbie greenwood and clairey fairy sutton and says "and here we have some shots of debbie and claire"

and Franks goes

"aww yes claire... lovely"

bitch!

What makes you think this is a bitchy remark?

Oh, come on - if we are getting into equine faces - how about Joanna Lumley, Sara Jessica Parker, Jerry Hall ????? its been said on more than one thread that JF is the image of Ziggy Pop ! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN CYCLE ??

Latest posts

Back