Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm now either confused or skeptical about what any presenter claims as their dress size... and with the additional distorting factor of the tv camera itself.

All you can say, is that if someone looks painfully thin on camera they will look even thinner in real life. Regardless of how someone looks, though, the important thing is how someone feels about their weight or size... and of course that they are healthy and happy. For me, I feel concerned about their health, but beyond that I have to accept that it's their business and their life.

What is annoying for me as a potential shopper is when clothing goods are misrepresented by how they are worn on air... and the role of a presenter as a model for the clothing should be to say and show how they can be used/worn in real life... and with the best will in the world, nobody is going to be strutting their stuff with a bulldog clip at the back of their top/dress. So I come back to the point that if QVC do not do clothing in sizes that Jill can comfortably wear, they shouldn't ask her to wear them... and better yet, they shouldn't put her on presenting the shows.

I'm now either confused or skeptical about what any presenter claims as their dress size... and with the additional distorting factor of the tv camera itself.

All you can say, is that if someone looks painfully thin on camera they will look even thinner in real life. Regardless of how someone looks, though, the important thing is how someone feels about their weight or size... and of course that they are healthy and happy. For me, I feel concerned about their health, but beyond that I have to accept that it's their business and their life.

What is annoying for me as a potential shopper is when clothing goods are misrepresented by how they are worn on air... and the role of a presenter as a model for the clothing should be to say and show how they can be used/worn in real life... and with the best will in the world, nobody is going to be strutting their stuff with a bulldog clip at the back of their top/dress. So I come back to the point that if QVC do not do clothing in sizes that Jill can comfortably wear, they shouldn't ask her to wear them... and better yet, they shouldn't put her on presenting the shows.
Just a thought then, maybe QVC can you a range of stylish bulldog clips on a range of colours and sizes for that discerning shopper. :mysmilie_17:

Last edited:
Just a thought then, maybe QVC can you a range of stylish bulldog clips on a range of colours and sizes fot that discerning shopper. :mysmilie_17:

There could be a new accessory opportunity there. Just don't lean back - sitting or standing... and don't lie down on your back in your suitably accessorised clothing.

Jill wouldn't even be a size 8 there is no body fat at all. Catherine H was on the other night and stated that she is a high street 8, she did look good and the clothes hung well on her. If Jill and Catherine stood together Jill would look like a skeleton. Women are supposed to have some some fat on their bones my worry for Jill is that she is laying up health problems for her old age. Please eat Jill.
Osteoporosis is a problem if you don't have some fat on you I believe, may be wrong.

Proper nutrition requires an good understanding of what foods nourish the body and why... and what other foods are required to get the best out of each other in combination. Some foods contain nutrients that don't get absorbed because you need oils or fats to help do the job.

There`s healthy thin and unhealthy thin and JF definitely looks to be in the latter category. Some people are thin whatever they do or eat. My ex sister in law is one of them and she was 19 when her and my brother married and she`s now 70 and still as thin as a lat. Yet she loves to cook, bake and eat. She has always been totally flat chested, a very boyish straight up and down figure, never been bigger than a size 8 and even when she was pregnant she just had a tiny little bubble of a tum. Unlike JF her face isn`t lined or gaunt looking and that to me is how you can tell JF`s weight isn`t what her natural size would be. JF is painfully thin by choice and she certainly doesn`t look healthy.

The top in question was not meant to be figure hugging. It wasn't baggy but had a bit of movement to it. I don't get why Jill couldn't have worn it as intended. It makes me wonder whether she has a distorted perception of her image and thinks herself thinner than she is(!) or whether she just fancied improving on Kim's design. It is utterly confusing for the viewer and not fair to Kim. Just wear the blimming clothes and give us the details. If the smallest size is really too big then we should see that for ourselves and save super slim customers from having to return the item. It's actually good selly telly to be honest and say that something might not be right for certain shapes or sizes. All the nonsense they spout is exhausting and ludicrous.

You're right, it's unfair not to show QVC fashion range as polyester intended, but QVC allow presenters to act as they please, regardless of if its giving the people who pay their wages an unfair view of how the item of clothing is meant to look on the body. I hope everyone who has to return anything that JF wears because it doesn't fit right, demands a pre paid label to return it, because they've bought it under false advertising or do the sensible thing, don't shop with QVC in the first place.

I tried to watch one of the Cozee home shows yesterday, unfortunately it was Jill presenting so didn't stay long.
Before switching off I heard her say 'you know how I'm always cold' well stop wearing tops without sleeves and only one shoulder then!!!

I get really annoyed when she is presenting a show (jewellery being the only ones I now watch) and there she is half dressed but taking up over half of the show talking to everyone about how cold the air con is etc etc.

I end up shouting "put a vest on you silly cow"

There could be a new accessory opportunity there. Just don't lean back - sitting or standing... and don't lie down on your back in your suitably accessorised clothing.
There we go! image.jpg

Don't make it too easy :mysmilie_12: QVC would still need to slap P&P on... and decide if they might do a buy more save more on any colour ordered, or only if you choose the same colour.... or do a kit of 4. You might have classic - black & white; bright - your set above; and of course neutrals for Jill including the indispensable Porchester Square clone colour clamp.

And just think of all the hours they could waste by going through the old chestnut "if you want the green ones order peanut butter, if you want the blue order Sahara sand and what is it we are calling this colour?"

I was brought up on old wives tales that could be considered jurassic, but in many instances what 'Granny' said and her advice given is usually spot on. As a child and early teen I was considered 'gangly', all arms and legs at 5'7 (it didn't continue that way), but I was always cold and had to wrap up. I generally wore more clothes to bed than waking, thanks to no c/hting or duvets. Granny said that the less meat on the bones you had, the more cold you felt. I know there will be exceptions and that slim older ladies have glowing moments, BUT I've yet to meet anyone who carries normal weight or a bit of surplus to feel the cold in the manner that JF does.

In fact, thats an interesting theory, I wonder if JF will EVER experience tropical moments !

Last edited:
She dresses like she does to show off how slim (thin) she is.
She wears her thinness as a badge of honour, and thinks it makes her look fit and healthy. I think she probably looks down on anyone who carries a bit of weight, hence the showing off 'look at me I'm so slim and you are not' vibe she puts across.

I was excessively skinny right up to my early thirties. In fact, at that point I was wearing clothes for an 11 year old. I started putting on weight because of steroids and I have never been able to get it off. It's right around my middle - it's vile. However, there is no way I would want to go back to being so thin. There is one thing I've noticed though, since going through the menopause (now out the other side) I reckon I've heated up by several degrees. I spend the evening watching tele with a throw over my legs and most of the night throwing back the covers. By the way, does JF really wear a bulldog clip? Could it me the microphone pack?

I was excessively skinny right up to my early thirties. In fact, at that point I was wearing clothes for an 11 year old. I started putting on weight because of steroids and I have never been able to get it off. It's right around my middle - it's vile. However, there is no way I would want to go back to being so thin. There is one thing I've noticed though, since going through the menopause (now out the other side) I reckon I've heated up by several degrees. I spend the evening watching tele with a throw over my legs and most of the night throwing back the covers. By the way, does JF really wear a bulldog clip? Could it me the microphone pack?

Without doubt its a bulldog clip and I am sure many will confirm, She has made the mistake of turning her back to the camera a number a number or time during fashion shows and it is quite clear. She once fell of the box she was standing or (Very funny) and as she got up the clip was visible.

No it really is a bulldog clip, someone posted a link of her when she accidentally turned around and voila! the clip. It's funny the times I've seen her walking sideways like a crab so she doesn't flash the clip again.

Has anyone tweeted her about the Bulldog clip ? perhaps its her signature look, (as she does own a Bulldog).

Latest posts

Back