Jilly Halliday - totally out of proportion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry but I'm really bored about the size of Jilly's arse. Does it really matter that much?

For the record I think Jilly has a nice figure, there's nothing wrong with it, in fact some women take injections or pursue other surgical options to achieve what Jilly was given naturally!

No, my real issue is with the fact that if you front a shopping channel that prides itself on its fashion range and you yourself sing the praises of all the shape wear, dresses, shoes, etc, etc, that you sell/present, but then only seem to be able to wear ballet pumps, black baggy trousers and sparkly tunics for the last 10 years, then that seems very odd to me.

At least some of the other presenters practice what they preach.

And not wishing to stir up a hornets nest or anything, but why did they let Debbie Greenwood go again?

For the record I think Jilly has a nice figure, there's nothing wrong with it, in fact some women take injections or pursue other surgical options to achieve what Jilly was given naturally!

No, my real issue is with the fact that if you front a shopping channel that prides itself on its fashion range and you yourself sing the praises of all the shape wear, dresses, shoes, etc, etc, that you sell/present, but then only seem to be able to wear ballet pumps, black baggy trousers and sparkly tunics for the last 10 years, then that seems very odd to me.

At least some of the other presenters practice what they preach.

And not wishing to stir up a hornets nest or anything, but why did they let Debbie Greenwood go again?

No doubt all about the money for her contract.

Would you say that to her face? Really? Those words?

Why do people think it's OK to be so rude about others? Can't we have some 'feel good' chatter for a change?

Yes, I would say exactly those words to her face. Absolutely. And probably embellish a little with well-selected examples of her previous disingenuity. It's also a bit rich, given several of your posts could be considered 'rude', both to television presenters and posters on this forum. For example, on the recent Doll10 TSV thread, you said:

"OK - here's a moan.

How many times is Doris going to say LITERALLY? It has literally forced me to switch off.

Plus, sorry to all Doris' fans on here, she just said she is 52... sorry, but the work she's had done makes her look older. I'd have guessed nearer 60. She was an attractive woman; why mess with her lips? You can hear her speech is affected by the lack of movement of her lips - it sounds like she's just been to the dentist."

Whatever happened to growing old gracefully? "

Would you say that to her face, Tiddlywinks? And is that 'rude'?

As for the 'feel good' chatter, I wasn't aware that this forum was supposed to be some support group.

Last edited:
It isn't a support group and if I ever say anything about a presenter or guest I would happily say it to their face,DF springs to mind.

When was the last time Charlie/Dale/Craig wore Q fashions?

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors !!! Charlies does a lot of 'feeling', Dale does a lot of 'stroking' when they present fashion, and Craig just loves being wrapped in bedding, slapping on the moisturiser and cuddling his Charlie Bears !! ooooooer, ( or is that Craig Revel Horwood ?)

Actually, I think the title of this thread is all wrong. Jilly Halliday is not totally out of proportion, she's an attractive woman who's just fat. As are a lot of us. So the title of the thread is totally out of proportion to the issues it raises. And I'm not the Jilly Halliday support group, even though I like her, I'm just making an observation.

This is a strange thing. There is 'chubby' there is 'pear shaped' and then there is a 'Jilly Halliday' shape

Today especially (maybe because the Ronnie TSV dress added 20lbs to virtually everyone who wore it) Jilly literally looks photo shopped. It is as if there are two pictures blended together. Do you remember that game where you would spin three blocks that had decals of a person and match the parts to complete, and in some cases the head wasn't a match to the body? (probably a Victorian game!) Thats Jilly now. She has such a beautiful pretty face, that seems to have held its youth and slenderness, yet, as your eyes work down, her silhouette gets wider - and wider. This is such a shame. When JH first joined QVC she virtually could say she was the prettiest presenter on air. Dancers figure, and stunning face. But now, it really is as if someone has photo shopped her head onto an obese body. It seems to pool around her hips and legs like a severe edema.

Wondering what might cause such targeted odd fatty areas without adding facial weight
Collegue says 'she has a case of San Francisco A***'

Pear shape? I think she's more of a butternut squash, actually. Anyway it doesn't really matter what shape she is, she's still one of the better, less annoying presenters.

I have to agree that I don't find her annoying at all,I'm afraid the one who is really grating on me is Marverine.

I see the poor girl is wearing a big baggy grey cardigan on the TSV show today. I do hope she hasn't got a complex about her figure from reading about it here. She comes across to me as the only presenter I like because she is so jolly hockey-sticks and down to earth and has none of the 'read about me on my twitterblogfacebook' showing-offness.
If they were all like her I would watch much more of QVC, because she seems to be truthful, up for a good laugh and without personal vanity.

I neither know nor care who those people are. What I do know is that both they and that video clip have nothing to do with this thread which is rapidly heading to closure.

Latest posts

Back