Julia

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

IMG_0860.gif

Even the crown would be 2sizes2small for that head,the QVC gods have granted her longevity on our tv screens,not giving one minutes thought about the poor customers having to put up with self deluded posturing and preening,plus the obvious fail in clothing sizes.
Wear what you are,not what you were forty years ago.
I used to cruise every year but due to covid and my sister not being well, I havent been for a while. However, I have just booked one in October with my family but, sadly, my cruise clothes dont fit me any more (too small) so I am trying to buy things that I can wear more than a couple of times. We will be freedom dining so no one will remember what I was wearing a couple of days ago.

I'm just jealous because I'd like to go on another. I think Carla's single and she works hard so good luck to her. I used to do it years ago, work hard, save money, go on holidays, no ties so why not?

I have my health things now so tend not to go on the big trips these days but I would if I could. God knows I've got enough clothes :D :D :LOL: :rolleyes:

CC

The presenter I cannot watch apart from those we have mentioned is Eilidh Nairn, can’t stand her.

I like her

I discovered cruising a few years ago and now love them. I always travel solo and they are ideal for chatting to people, hiding in a quiet spot with my kindle, drinking cocktails without appearing to be a lush ! Leaving from Southampton is fab, allow 20 mins from parking the car to sitting on deck with a gin and tonic.

I used to cruise every year but due to covid and my sister not being well, I havent been for a while. However, I have just booked one in October with my family but, sadly, my cruise clothes dont fit me any more (too small) so I am trying to buy things that I can wear more than a couple of times. We will be freedom dining so no one will remember what I was wearing a couple of days ago.
freedom dining?

I discovered cruising a few years ago and now love them. I always travel solo and they are ideal for chatting to people, hiding in a quiet spot with my kindle, drinking cocktails without appearing to be a lush ! Leaving from Southampton is fab, allow 20 mins from parking the car to sitting on deck with a gin and tonic.
What is 'a lush' in this sense?

Is that an old fashioned term? I use 'lush' for something that is lovely - 'she's so lush'.....
I haven’t checked but I believe it is a shortening of the old fashioned word 'lushington,' signifying a person who is a consistent drinker. Americans use the word 'lush' in this way, but in UK, people use it as you say.

Off on a British Isles Cruise from Southampton next week. I’ll be travelling Solo myself, so looking forward to a fortnight’s indulgence!

Latest posts

Back