Julia

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She is a diehard Crystal Palace follower, so I have to like her, even though I don't. Nottingham girl originally. Hence with me as a Palace fan living in Nottingham, the coincidence is stark. In fairness, there are many there more irritating than her on QVC, but that's not saying much.

She is a diehard Crystal Palace follower, so I have to like her, even though I don't. Nottingham girl originally. Hence with me as a Palace fan living in Nottingham, the coincidence is stark. In fairness, there are many there more irritating than her on QVC, but that's not saying much.
Yes indeed. Many more irritating presenters than Julia. The woman with the long, red hair extensions is very hard to listen to. I forget her name.

Is that the one with the ghostly make up and looking like a long lost member of The Addams Family?

Katherine Goldsmith maybe, I like her.

Attachments

• IMG_1276.jpeg
    IMG_1276.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 28
I came across one of Julia's crime novels on my Ipad free to download. After reading the first paragraph I thought this is gonna be crap but I persevered and found it a pretty easy and entertaining read. The plot was rather implausible and I sussed out the perpetrator of the crime pretty early on, despite there being a bit of a twist. It really wasn't bad but her detective Rachel who forms the basis of the three novels wasn't very well written and her backstory in this incidence didn't add anything to the story, maybe she'll play a more pivotal role in the other two books. I would read the other books but only if they're free, they're not at the moment! Anyone else read them?

I came across one of Julia's crime novels on my Ipad free to download. After reading the first paragraph I thought this is gonna be crap but I persevered and found it a pretty easy and entertaining read. The plot was rather implausible and I sussed out the perpetrator of the crime pretty early on, despite there being a bit of a twist. It really wasn't bad but her detective Rachel who forms the basis of the three novels wasn't very well written and her backstory in this incidence didn't add anything to the story, maybe she'll play a more pivotal role in the other two books. I would read the other books but only if they're free, they're not at the moment! Anyone else read them?
Does she still write?

I haven’t checked but I believe it is a shortening of the old fashioned word 'lushington,' signifying a person who is a consistent drinker. Americans use the word 'lush' in this way, but in UK, people use it as you say.
It was my post, I must be spending too many holidays in Florida !!! I’m also a fan of US crime dramas on Channel 5 USA so I’ve obviously picked up the lingo !!!

Stop it you two!! I need to go on another cruise but I'll also need to save up!

CC
CC I don’t want to upset you but my niece and her brand-new husband are on their honeymoon at this very minute, on board an RCL Med cruise. 😍 their first time and they’re very impressed.

I don't mind her - She actually apologised the other day for being so shrill
Hopefully, she'll calm herself soon. Not to the point that she'll lull us into boredom and we'll be forced to move channel, but with a lower voice and a slower, more thoughtful presentation. Grownup, not silly teenager gushing. She should be well past that.

Latest posts

Back