just had phone call from QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosylee

Registered Shopper
I have just had phone call from QVC, apparently my returns are 55%, he wanted to kn ow how they could help to minimise returns, well I said 'if the items were suitable and quality I would not return them, also sizing of the clothes needs to be addressed by them, only other way to cut returns downs I said was for me to stop buying on QVC, which I have done this year, and will continue to be very selective when ordering from QVC. Not happy to have phonecall about returns when they go on and on about ordering , and tell you to send them back if not suitable.

I'm expecting a call any day, already had 'the letter' and if they say they are going to close my account I want it in writing. Then I shall make a complaint against them with the ASA as they constantly advertise a no quibble 30 day mbg with no restrictions mentioned, and then don't honour it. Clear case of false advertising.

I have just had phone call from QVC, apparently my returns are 55%, he wanted to kn ow how they could help to minimise returns, well I said 'if the items were suitable and quality I would not return them, also sizing of the clothes needs to be addressed by them, only other way to cut returns downs I said was for me to stop buying on QVC, which I have done this year, and will continue to be very selective when ordering from QVC. Not happy to have phonecall about returns when they go on and on about ordering , and tell you to send them back if not suitable.

Aren't they really asking for feedback so that they can improve products/services? What's wrong with them giving you a call?

I think the feedback you gave about products not being sized correctly etc is just the feedback they need. I very rarely return just because I don't like something (unless it looks totally different to on screen etc.) My high returns this Christmas were because the recipients weren't happy with them as presents-my sil thought the gatineau I bought her was no better than very cheap cream she was already using so gave me the option of returning it,which I took. I also bought one of those interactive lion toys for my nephew-who was terrfied of the mechanical noises it made. I have also sent a few things back that arrived damaged. I am really thinking at the moment that I am going to give up on QVC again for a while (I stopped buying for almost a year over a dispute about the awful Iqon computer I bought which they were refusing to take back.) I do still think there are some great buys-I think honora pearls are a fantastic price for what they are,occasionally find silver items my daughter loves and I do usually buy the le tsv's (although I resisted this time as I have plenty and am going to the store event tomorrow.) Some electronics are also great-I am typing this on a samsung netbook bought from QVC-but I have learned that some of the cheaper 'gift' items are really not great quality when you get them home and the p&p alone is enough to make me think again in future. I often fel tempted bu some of the american clothing ranges like the tiana b etc but the p&p put me off as I am not a standard size (size 12 top and 14 bottom) and I know when trying on in shops,I often have to try 8-10 items on before I find something I like. If they contact me I shall just tell them what I have said here and if the close my account-then so be it.

Last edited:
:mysmilie_73:I am so going to get a call or a letter......the thing is. I so want to like and keep items I order but I am not going to be ripped off with poor quality ill fitting clothing. Come to think of it, it is mostly clothing that I have sent back...the moral of the story is "don't buy the clothing, cos you know it ain't gonna fit or you're not gonna like it woman!":mysmilie_73:

I'm expecting a call any day, already had 'the letter' and if they say they are going to close my account I want it in writing. Then I shall make a complaint against them with the ASA as they constantly advertise a no quibble 30 day mbg with no restrictions mentioned, and then don't honour it. Clear case of false advertising.

Good on you:mysmilie_82:

I had the "phonecall" - but didn't realise it was the "phonecall" - the lady was lovely,and I just thought she was asking me for feedback - she didn't mention my return rate and agreed with everything I said!!!!!!!

When I recieved the "letter" a few months later - I was so shocked and surprise.Then my shock and surprise turned to anger and phoned and told them so - and spoke to a very snotty man,who told me "Mr Marks and Spencers" wouldn't allow me to do this...............but Mr Marks and spencer doesn't advertise I can do it............

Not that I was actually using the items and then returning them - I had a run of faulty items and most items that I purely didn't like were sent back the same day.I didn't feel I was abusing the 30 mbg - and I certainly wasn't aware that I couldn't do it.

That was about a year ago - and I've slowed down sooooo much of what I buy on QVC - and TBH,Mr Marks and spencers is recieving most of money and both me and him are getting on fine :)

Sorry you got the dreaded phonecall Rosylee....... I think its so bad that they do this, seems really underhand, especially as many people`s returns are due to mistakes made on air (wrong measurements given, colour looks different, etc).... Also, qvc are very misleading in their 30 day MBG, they should be forced to give some kind of disclaimer that states, if your returns reach a certain percentage, your account may be closed..... The presenters shout loudly about trying items for the 30 days, then just send it back if its not up to scratch, or you just don`t like it..... the impression they give of the MGB is wrong & they should be reported for it...... Many people would be shocked if they knew that so many on this forum had received the dreaded letter or phonecall...... We are only doing what the presenters say we can do within the MBG.......
I returned 2 things before Christmas, a necklace I didn`t like in real life & a Joseph Esposito ring, which was lovely, but I didn`t like it on my finger..... Its put me off a bit ordering jewellery now....... But on average, I don`t return an awful lot, but I don`t order much really...... Last year (I think, I ordered a Beth Terrell (sp) chenille jumper & scarf in black..... Anyway, it was much shorter than quoted & back it went, with a prepaid label from qvc....
:mysmilie_348:

I have just had phone call from QVC, apparently my returns are 55%, he wanted to kn ow how they could help to minimise returns, well I said 'if the items were suitable and quality I would not return them, also sizing of the clothes needs to be addressed by them, only other way to cut returns downs I said was for me to stop buying on QVC, which nk I have done this year, and will continue to be very selective when ordering from QVC. Not happy to have phonecall about returns when they go on and on about ordering , and tell you to send them back if not suitable.

QVC standards are definately slipping. Read lots of horrible stories on this forum about people being sent stained clothing or cosmetics that have obviously opened/used - just not good enough. Last week I ordered the tova diamonique ring which, don't get me wrong is stunning. However, it was supposed to come in a special jewellery box but instead came in a normal diamonique box. Total joke!! They went on and on all day about this wonderful box and then don't send you it!! No explanation for the missing item and I have read others have not been sent it either - surely this is false advertising???Just not good enough QVC!! If they are concerned about the amount of returns they are getting they should send their customers what they advertise - simple!!! :mysmilie_73:

I too received a phonecall today from QVC. Mine was regarding the Philosophy TSV that was on just before Christmas. I ordered it but never received it due to some "stock problems" and I did get a refund pretty quickly. I seem to remember there was a thread on here about it. Anyaway, the girl on the phone said that because of the problem which she apologised for, they have been looking through their stock to see if there was anything else that was suitable, there were two kits on the system that they could offer me. She went through everything that were in these kits and asked would I be interested, I said no!
Never knew of them doing that before!!!

Not received the phone call yet or a letter. I hope I don't. Maybe they're doing this so that they can brag later once they've let people back on their ordering list how many "new customers" they have got. The fact is that they should really look at why these items are being returned and if the reason is because of quality or the item has broken/bits dropped off then they should reconsider what they are buying. After all how can they blame the customer when they cold sell via gobalmighty especially when she tells everyone to order as many as possible because "you can use the 30 day money back guarantee". I'd also be interested to know how much is sent back by the presenters under the 30 day rule. FOI anyone?

Last week I ordered the tova diamonique ring which, don't get me wrong is stunning. However, it was supposed to come in a special jewellery box but instead came in a normal diamonique box. Total joke!! They went on and on all day about this wonderful box and then don't send you it!! No explanation for the missing item and I have read others have not been sent it either - surely this is false advertising???Just not good enough QVC!! If they are concerned about the amount of returns they are getting they should send their customers what they advertise - simple!!! :mysmilie_73:

Have you called them about the box because I am sure someone else on here has done and was told they will be sending the box out to those who didn't get it,it wasn't false advertising it was supposed to have been a miscalculation of numbers of boxes sent over with the rings so it should be sorted out.

They seem to be fulfilling long range Wait list orders as well! I thought Wait list used to be 45 days and then they extended it to 90 days?

Well I received a Modern Soul Cardi today that I had long forgotten about having put in on Wait List back in October! What's that about? :mysmilie_81:

I'm so sorry for anybody who has had The Letter or The Phonecall.

Since I got on here and learned that they do this I have started a document on my computer desk top with all my returns - and things that didn't turn up that they marked as a return and all the reasons why. So I am ready for them if they call.

Most of my returns boil down to misdescribed onscreen such as the top they said you could wear as a drop waist - that you couldn't - well not if you had hips larger than your waist anyway, or the blusher they said was for lighter skintones which didn't show up on me and I'm so pale that QVC don't do foundation pale enough for me. Or the bronzer they said would work for even the snowy white palest of complexions which made me look as if I was going out on a night mission with the SAS! :D

Or they're not fit for purpose like the PedPro - it is NOT a substitute for going to the chiropodist!

Or I had a reaction to it - Sue Devitt primer. (wanted to claw my face off!)

Or the garment was made of really shockingly horrible fabric the like of which I haven't even seen since bri nylon and crimplene fell out of favour in about 1973.

Or it was broken.

Or Used.

Or something was missing and they couldn't just send out the missing bit.

Or it didn't fit because I trusted the size info they gave. (I guess that's misdescribed again isn't it?

There's nothing on the list that I just changed my mind on. (although I have done in the past - and why not they tell us to order both sizes if you're not sure, or two colours and see which you like best etc etc all the time don't they?)

I had the cheque hold letter last year as I was cancelling too much-fair enough, really, as I prevented other people buying stuff. But the returns letter would really pi** me off-they can't have it both ways! If I go ahead and order and pay for something and it arrives and is shi*e, am I supposed to keep it just so I don't offend them? They whip people up into buying, constantly quoting the 30 day mbg, then moan if you return too much! If they were to take out the faulty/misfit/missold items from the returns percentage I wouldn't have such a problem, but they don't!

Hi I am a newbie here altho have been lurking for years. I have sent some stuff back recently and I have had two reviews NOT put on their reviw pages. When I asked why they said I hadnt reviewed the item. Sent the exact same review and again it didnt go on. I recently bought a charger thing that you can carry with you and it charges phones, i pods , cameras on the go ..It did not charge the i pod and the i pod says it is not compatible.. I e.maild the company concerned and they sent me a new tip to see if it would work NOoooooooooooo it didnt so why are they selling a product under false pretenses.

I have sent it back so am waiting for THE phone call too. Been a customer since the beginning and have spent a lot of money recently so I will wait and see.

Hazel

I totally agree PPC. I haven't had the letter or the phonecall yet but i'm expecting it anytime. They'll get a mouthful from me if they want an explanantion as to why things are being sent back.
Firstly a 30day no quibble MBG should mean just that and secondly if they bothered to read the return labels they'd know why the items have been sent back! If they don't read them why bother having them.:mysmilie_73:
Whilst i'm on the phone i'll ask them why thry're sending out so many used items.

I totally agree PPC. I haven't had the letter or the phonecall yet but i'm expecting it anytime. They'll get a mouthful from me if they want an explanantion as to why things are being sent back.
Firstly a 30day no quibble MBG should mean just that and secondly if they bothered to read the return labels they'd know why the items have been sent back! If they don't read them why bother having them.:mysmilie_73:
Whilst i'm on the phone i'll ask them why thry're sending out so many used items.
Tbh the reason 'I didn't like the item' or even just 'I changed my mind' should suffice because unless you have actually seen or handled something irl you are not in a position to be 100% sure it will be suitable or as you expected it to be. Faulty goods are covered by a consumer's statutory rights and should be treated and monitored differently anyway hon.

When I tried to argue about the presenters telling you to order two - send one back or they go on and on and on about the 30 mbg,without any mention about a return rate - I was told by the snotty man on the phone that its all set out in qvc's terms and conditions - and if i had read them from the off,well,I would be aware of it :(

So is their way of getting out of it all?

Latest posts

Back