Kipling TSV - 06/04/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

at some point it wil be available in the summer sale for half price in the kipling shop or bicester or on amazon.
nearly spliiled my rum and coke when i saw it at that price!:sleepy:

You poached my thoughts Mitzi.:grin: I am very tempted with the shopper ... only £37.50.:mysmilie_514:

I quite like the TSV... but NOT at that price! I have just bought a gorgeous Matthew Williamson purple leather bag for a bargain price of £27.50 in Debenhams at the wekend, it was half price. Really chuffed with that.

And according to Mareeeee FRancoizzzzz, it is at a really good price!!!

And, according to her if you went on the High street you would have to pay over £1000 for a leather handbag!! :cheeky:

When DD is repetitively going on about needing a new mobile, has bust her GHDs, wants the latest hi top boots at £60+.........wants money to waste at the easter fair that has parked up near us.........not to mention the family holiday looming..........vets bills........oh yes food!..........I am afraid my needs and wants are on the back burner...so no Kipling leather bag at full price for little old me.:envy:

I was in shock at the price of the purse, thought my telly was on the blink. You would have no money to put in it if you bought it! They are not in the real world. As for the bag, well it is nice but you can get some fab bags at TKM for less than half the price of that.

When DD is repetitively going on about needing a new mobile, has bust her GHDs, wants the latest hi top boots at £60+.........wants money to waste at the easter fair that has parked up near us.........not to mention the family holiday looming..........vets bills........oh yes food!..........I am afraid my needs and wants are on the back burner...so no Kipling leather bag at full price for little old me.:envy:

Sounds familiar Northernlights.......! lol

You don't want the bag anyway, do you? No, of course you don't, it's ridiculously overpriced & looks like a holdall!
:mysmilie_48:

It's vastly overpriced and an incredibly boring looking bag. :down:

I really do like this bag - it's a good shape and I love the detachable long strap. But if I were in the market for a £150 bag at the moment I'd be off to the Mulberry outlet.

I really do like this bag - it's a good shape and I love the detachable long strap. But if I were in the market for a £150 bag at the moment I'd be off to the Mulberry outlet.

Did you notice that the attachable strap is "CANVAS" which at £147 is bad enough, but if you bought it in the store at £199 as they keep saying, is very off. A leather bag should have a leather strap, not blinkin' canvas!!!

Kipling - Are they having a laugh??

Of course they're having a laugh, they're always having a laugh ........ all the way to the bank!!

Did you notice that the attachable strap is "CANVAS" which at £147 is bad enough, but if you bought it in the store at £199 as they keep saying, is very off. A leather bag should have a leather strap, not blinkin' canvas!!!

I have seen the leather Kiplings in House of Fraser and the shoulder straps are all canvas. It does make them look cheap to be honest.

I recently bought a leather bag from Dents sale, it was £140 down to £43. Its big superior leather and good quality lining as well. No monkey but a silver glove charm which is really heavy. No doubt for slapping people when you challenge them to a duel.

Last edited:

I have to say that I love the Kipling leather bags - the quality is fantastic. I do however buy all of mine from the outlet at Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth or Bicester Village. I tend to get 3 for the price of 1 that way! Regarding Mulberry, my sister bought a Mulberry bag from an outlet in Bicester village and I have to say that the quality compared to Kipling was poor. I guess it's their 'style', but it was not lined just the raw leather inside and far more expensive than Kipling are. Horses for courses I suppose!

And, according to her if you went on the High street you would have to pay over £1000 for a leather handbag!! :cheeky:

So now Kipling is compared to real high end designers?? When did that happen? Prada, Gucci, Chloe, Kipling hhhmmmm????

Last edited:
I'm still pretty new to this forum so perhaps this is old news but I'm sure I read on some threads cases of people who had contacted QVC because they wanted a particular item but couldn't stretch to it at that time unless it was on Easy Pay, and lo and behold a special one-off Easy Pay voucher code appeared in their email inbox within the hour! I've never tried it but it might be worth a chance for those who really want to go for it - despite their efforts to persuade us that there is no recession and that our special regenerative QVC money is working fine, they must be feeling the pinch and might well take an opportunity to make things easier for individuals...just an idea...Not that I want to encourage spending - reckless or otherwise - on the part of those who are doing a fab job holding their purse strings tight...I have been doing much the same since joining this forum...

Just noticed that so far, with the exception of an odd purse and pencil case, all the Kipling bags are averaging on the £50-60 mark, there was even one on earlier that was nearly £200! Call me cynical but coincidence its when it is free postage day that the items are all expensive. I have seen a couple of Kipling bags on the QVC website that are between £20-£30 but neither of them are free postage, funny that.

regarding comparing kipling leather bags to prada gucci or even mullberry kipling still do well in the value for money stakes and in my humble opinion are just as good and at least a third of the price...

horses for courses!:sun:

Latest posts

Back