Kipling TSV 16/12/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not buying either. Like the bag but not the colours. Would have liked it in red dots print. Too expensive anyway by including the purse. I had a new money purse years ago and sold it as it only has a few card slots.

I have a few Kiplings and like to buy one at christmas as my own present but I feel the prices have creeped up way beyond what they are worth, even with the purse as spartacus has just mentioned. No more Kipling for me unless its a fab bargain from elsewhere.

Take a look at Kipling on Amazon they have so many and some great prices and free delivery and returns too. Have never bought Kipling from QVC.

Have got so many bags around £20. Am watching the show on QVC now and the bag that caught my eye is £72 + p&p on QVC is £36 free p&p and returns on Amazon

I watched the midnight presentation of it online this morning. The only colour I would have got is the winter paisley, as I liked the idea of it for work. A sit turns out, I don't think I'm very keen on the shape of the bag itself and the colour way I liked is sold out, so I suppose I saved money here too. lol! I do like the purse though.

I couldn't believe the card wallets for £18. My SIL got a nice tin card wallet from one of the cheap shops for £1, it looked a great idea as it kept your cards from getting damaged in your purse. I wish she had brought me one......

I couldn't believe the card wallets for £18. My SIL got a nice tin card wallet from one of the cheap shops for £1, it looked a great idea as it kept your cards from getting damaged in your purse. I wish she had brought me one......

Much as I like Kipling, the prices are becoming ridiculous and there's no way I'd pay full price. I was astounded to see on QVC that the Kipling Palm Beach toiletry bag sold out at £76+£6 pp - £82 for a toiletry bag, seriously? The most I'm prepared to pay for Kipling items are around £15/purse, £20/toiletry bag, £40/medium size bag, mostly purchased from other online retailers or TKMaxx.

QVC were selling one bag for over £100 - and the zip wasn't even sewn in at both ends. Come on, Kipling - you can do better than that, surely? I hate to see the ends of zips flapping around and spoiling the profile of the bag as well as making it easier for prying little fingers to reach into my bag. I know it happens in cheaper bags, but I want value for money when you're expecting me to pay over £100.

I suppose a lot of people stick to QVC for easypays. But when you can often pick up the same item elsewhere, where the full cost is no more than one of those easy pays that is a skewed logic.

I remember reading posts on the QVC US forum a number of years ago and they were complaining on there about the quality of a brand I did know of, that the made for QVC were inferior to their normal retail range.

Latest posts

Back