Kipling TSV 16th June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Purchased early and it arrived mid week. Sadly not impressed. Very thin material. The organisation at the front is odd and is looks like the zipped compartment is upside down. The top of the bag was not very wide either. Mine is going back tomorrow under dsr.

Watching the repeat, they are constantly moving the zips around and they seem to be having to do a lot of tugging at them.

JH said it was as light as a feather and folds really flat. If this is the case then why on earth is the P&P nearly £4???

the flap on the front has a pocket in which is upside down isn't it so if you haven't zipped it up inside fully then your change will fall out and then when you undo the flap and it goes "bang down" on the counter like Marie Francoise' one keeps doing ha! then money everywhere. Also, the models seem to be having problems with the zips I think, as if they are sticking or not running smoothly. Made me chuckle a minute ago as one model unzipped a pocket and the zip wouldn't go so instead of sliding her palm in as clearly intended she just put her finger in, looked daft. I believe somebody has commented on the material being thin too, me thinks another Kipling bummer here. My only other bug bear is the colours, dark blue, dark blue print, black .... yawn yawn. Where are the nice bright summery colours, red, orange, pink, purple. Only thing going for it "for me" is the EP.

I'm going off Kipling, never thought I would but the styles are all so 'samey' lately :yawn: Just different sizes, same amount of pockets but in different places :yawn:, and the colours dark and drab, bring on the yellows and oranges, lets have some lovely bright summer colours :sun:. I get the impression the designers have got a bit lazy, sitting around saying "make that one a bit bigger and put a pocket there, oh and just use the same colours again" How MF can be so enthusiastic about them for so long, she's a real professional bless her, I'd fall asleep after the first one, they'd have to keep waking me up and pouring black coffee down my throat :coffee:. And don't even get me started on the prices, they seem to be going up and up and up along with the p&p.

Think they need to get new designers in and have a complete overhaul - go back to the old days. Thnk they should ask us what we want :cheeky:

I don't think Kipling 'do' Summer anymore. Especially as they get SOOOOOOOO excited about a 'white' handbag. The few I have I bought years ago when there were lots of pastels to choose from, or bright yellows and lime greens which appear a lot this year in the shops, but Kipling are still churning out the sludge colours or awful dark prints.

The main opening on the tsv does look very small, and if there is anything I hate in a handbag, its not being able to have a large opening to plough into it !!

Purchased early and it arrived mid week. Sadly not impressed. Very thin material. The organisation at the front is odd and is looks like the zipped compartment is upside down. The top of the bag was not very wide either. Mine is going back tomorrow under dsr.

O dear, I went for the classic black on the end.

I loved the spotted print but the reviews on the German QVC said that the bag was too narrow and that the front compartment always flops open b/c of the lack of two-way zipper and it seemed really awkward. I also thought it was really small considering how much they're charging! I managed to resist.

Well I did quite like the spots one but don't really have the money (as I'm waiting to see what the birkenstock TSV is and now the price of casual and co!!) so have decided against.Its not as if I *need* another kipling bag.

The thing that put me off the most apart from the lack of colours was the price!!!

i *only* (!!) paid

£48.48 for my ginowan
£44.97 for my TSV adley
£40.56 for my Cobia

Which IMHO are all much bigger bags than the TSV...I think it should be around £32??? on a TSV price

Ladies, may I just ask - I'm looking for the Kipling Affie in Grass Green and it's sold out anywhere. The black and the burgundy are in the sale and they're nice but I've fallen for the green one and apart from QVC at the full price (ouch!) I can't find it in stock anywhere. I only know the really popular & well-known sites so if one of you knows where else I could check I'd be really grateful!

Last edited:
What a shame it has to be grass green, Kipling's own website has between 30-50% off the Affie bag at the moment, but as you said the grass green is sold out.

Have you tried getmethatbag?

Hi Minim, Amazon has this bag (Kipling Laurane) in the 'perfo' colour for £105.00 plus free delivery; it's down from £210.00. Looks pretty good. Jay

Thank you Minniehaha.
Still too pricey for me though. I found just what I needed on the back of the toy room door - an A4 canvas satchel, an "Aldi Special" :grin:

Thanks for the suggestions - I might go for it in black, though I also like the burgundy. It seems like a great size for travel, can get my electronic bits & bobs in, some magazines and stuff my Eldorado in on the side...

Well I managed to resist the TSV and the Deafea (sp) on OTO price :angel:
Am going to rake out my breezer that was similar to the TSV
that I havent used for a while
It will be like having a new bag for nothing

Me too BB,I managed to resist all kipling yesterday,despite watching most of it.I too am going to dig out a different bag for the week from my collection!!!

I was spurred on not to buy as I want to see what the birkenstock and C&C TSV's are and can then buy guilt free (almost!) if I like one of them.

After working out what I've paid recently for other kiplings at QVC recently,I managed to convince myself this one was overpriced even at the TSV price!

Latest posts

Back