LaLa Land.........

• Thread starter JacquelineMammaof4
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I haven't seen any of the LA visit or its aftermath so being kind (yes Loveheart I actually can be) I would like to think all that's happening is a childlike, overexcited, over enthusiastic I got to LA go me thing.
Reading the posts here though it sounds like I'm being a bit Pollyannaish, who'd have believed it?

If my employer sent me to LA on an all-expenses paid jaunt I'd be shouting about it too.

I just wish Julia had left those pesky sandals at home! :doh:

I haven't seen any of the LA visit or its aftermath so being kind (yes Loveheart I actually can be) I would like to think all that's happening is a childlike, overexcited, over enthusiastic I got to LA go me thing.
Reading the posts here though it sounds like I'm being a bit Pollyannaish, who'd have believed it?

You are too kind. Imagine though if it had been Clair or Craig. Maybe we have been spared. :cheeky: :thinking:

If my employer sent me to LA on an all-expenses paid jaunt I'd be shouting about it too.

I just wish Julia had left those pesky sandals at home! :doh:

All-expenses paid by us through ridiculous p&p charges I fear.

I'd be excited about the trip too if I was her but she couldn't go 5 mins without crowing about it. :yawn:

xxx

And agree about the sandals! :giggle:

Re: The Omnipresent Sandals
Julia they have given you their all, you must find it in your heart to set them free. Now is the time for them to make their own way without you. Cherish the memories and out of the blue someday you will find another pair of shoes that although cannot ever take their place, will make their own impression on your existence. You probably have seen the therapy culture up close in LA, embrace it if it helps.

All-expenses paid by us through ridiculous p&p charges I fear.

I'd be excited about the trip too if I was her but she couldn't go 5 mins without crowing about it. :yawn:

xxx

And agree about the sandals! :giggle:

Since people are happy to pay the P&P, it's up to QVC how they spend it.

I don't see the point in blaming Julia for something that QVC management decided to do.

Or for mentioning something that QVC made a big deal of in the run up to the Oscars.

It would be strange if she didn't mention it at all.

Since people are happy to pay the P&P, it's up to QVC how they spend it.

I don't see the point in blaming Julia for something that QVC management decided to do.

Or for mentioning something that QVC made a big deal of in the run up to the Oscars.

It would be strange if she didn't mention it at all.

Nobody is adverse to a bit of "mentioning", but gawd almighty the way she goes on, anyone would believe it was her first trip abroad !!!

Just imagine any of the serious reporters on the other channels behaving like she does. Its easy to see now why she hasnt been poached by the other channels for more grown up work.

Nobody is adverse to a bit of "mentioning", but gawd almighty the way she goes on, anyone would believe it was her first trip abroad !!!

Just imagine any of the serious reporters on the other channels behaving like she does. Its easy to see now why she hasnt been poached by the other channels for more grown up work.

I take it you mean foreign correspondents and the like?

Since they are paid to do their job abroad (hence their name), in a way they DO go on about the fact they are abroad all the time. If they didn't, we wouldn't get any news from them!

Julia Roberts was an actress before she moved into presenting on a shopping channel; I'm not sure she'd have the qualifications to work in serious news broadcasting, even if she wanted to. And she was sent to LA to do a tie-in to the Oscars; not sent to Australia to cover the flooding or something like that!

The Oscars tie-in could have been better planned and executed, and Julia should have left those sodding sandals at home, but I'm not going to have a go at someone just for being lucky enough to be sent on a jolly by her employer. It would just seem like envy.

I take it you mean foreign correspondents and the like?

Since they are paid to do their job abroad (hence their name), in a way they DO go on about the fact they are abroad all the time. If they didn't, we wouldn't get any news from them!

Julia Roberts was an actress before she moved into presenting on a shopping channel; I'm not sure she'd have the qualifications to work in serious news broadcasting, even if she wanted to. And she was sent to LA to do a tie-in to the Oscars; not sent to Australia to cover the flooding or something like that!

The Oscars tie-in could have been better planned and executed, and Julia should have left those sodding sandals at home, but I'm not going to have a go at someone just for being lucky enough to be sent on a jolly by her employer. It would just seem like envy.

No, just boredom caused by 'LA this', 'La that', 'Colin Firth', 'Red Carpet' blah,blah..........I can't speak for anyone else but envy is the last thing I feel as I cannot bear the celeb culture we are now forced to endure.

Thankfully ENVY has never been one of my traits - I am far too old for that emotion anyway ! But not too old to tell it like it is.

I appreciate JR will always have her supporters - and admit she is good at describing the products in an honest way - its just the self gratification we could do without.

"Actress" is probably stretching it a bit - looks like it was more like a bit of extra work and a bit of posing in adverts.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Roberts_(QVC_presenter)

She did do some actual 'acting' - have you not seen the famous beach scene from Citizen Smith. Althought I would use the term 'acting' quite loosely here :nod:

Maybe someone will post the link to it. It has been on here before.

I was really shocked to read some of these comments on here. Would not have thought that Julia Roberts just decided to go by herself, but this was a decision made by management, so a bit harsh blaming her for it. Again she has no direct influence over P&P, and it almost came across to me as she used the P&P top have a good time. I too would be very happy if I had a trip like that, paid for by work, at a time where celebrities are 10 a penny in the same town - I still get excited that I met Anthony Hopkins and stood next to Stephen Fry (charity thing, thankfully I am not famous lol).... and have probably mentioned it a few times too
maybe I have to stop as I am annoying people:sad:

I wonder if JR has as much influence at QVC Towers as some people think she has. As the presenter who has been there since day one, I think there was justification in sending her to LA if they wanted a representative there.
I guess you could say the same about anybody from say, M&S to B&Q going on a trip for work, that your money has paid for it although you wouldn't hear about it.
JR's bosses wouldn't be too pleased if she came back and said nothing.

True, Loveheart, they may not be impressed if she'd said nothing but she went to the opposite extreme and didn't stop going on about it in that 3 hour jewellry show. xxx

I heard her mention that it was a long flight and then saw her pull a face as if to say poor little me. That just struck me as wrong because there are probably lots of QVC viewers who could never afford to go to L.A. or aren't well enough to go, so why should they feel sorry for J.R. having to endure a long flight? She was only doing the job she is paid to do.

I heard her mention that it was a long flight and then saw her pull a face as if to say poor little me. That just struck me as wrong because there are probably lots of QVC viewers who could never afford to go to L.A. or aren't well enough to go, so why should they feel sorry for J.R. having to endure a long flight? She was only doing the job she is paid to do.
I don't think JR want's people to feel sorry for her. I'm sure there are lots of people who can't afford to go to LA, me included, but that doesn't mean I am annoyed or upset that she had the opportunity to go.

I was really shocked to read some of these comments on here. Would not have thought that Julia Roberts just decided to go by herself, but this was a decision made by management, so a bit harsh blaming her for it. Again she has no direct influence over P&P, and it almost came across to me as she used the P&P top have a good time. I too would be very happy if I had a trip like that, paid for by work, at a time where celebrities are 10 a penny in the same town - I still get excited that I met Anthony Hopkins and stood next to Stephen Fry (charity thing, thankfully I am not famous lol).... and have probably mentioned it a few times too
maybe I have to stop as I am annoying people:sad:

Hi icedupsnowqueen.

just to be clear, i am not saying this is the case with Julia, but.....

i work for a large org, and yes i am lucky that i have to travel, however i am under no illusion, that the best 'gigs' go to the forceful pushy types who talk a good job.

i quite enjoy watching this type 'earning' management approval, and boy do they go on an on after the trips of how important their presence was. i will be stuck with the dull gigs, simply because i do not want a brown nose, and refuse to take the boss out for lunch, or even worse feed her so much coffee she has got a jitter come lunchtime

one culprit in our org, just swung a NY gig, but then again he did present the boss with a QVC, yes i kid you not, L'occitane TSV for christmas

Latest posts

Back