Laura Geller TSV 31/7/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well i've put in my order with my lovely friend in Wales so it will eventually make its way to me in Oz. i'm looking
forward to this one, the colours are lighter and fresher than the last few sets which were way too warm toned for me.

Laura Geller 5 Piece The Magic of Colour Collection
203297 •
QVC Price:£41.00
Today's Special Value Price : £33.98
VIDEO

I can't see a difference when i apply B&B to my face, love the concept but is a bit like Bareminerals in that it makes no differnce to how my skin looks.

I'm coming around to the possibility of ordering this, £3.95 postage (by QVC beauty TSV standards) is better than usual; still begrudge paying it though! I always buy myself something for my kids' birthdays and my No1 son is 19 today (blimey where did that time go?)

I'm coming around to the possibility of ordering this, £3.95 postage (by QVC beauty TSV standards) is better than usual; still begrudge paying it though! I always buy myself something for my kids' birthdays and my No1 son is 19 today (blimey where did that time go?)

Happy birthday Akimbo Junior :cake:

I managed to order it and it now says sold out, must have got in just before they changed it, probably won't ship any earlier though

I wonder if it will be on easypay....that may persuade me.I agree MM about BB - I don't see a huge difference in my skin - I always have mixed feelings about it.One BB I had,I used right down to the terracota pan - and I liked it and used it more like a finishing powder.

The last set I bought with it in - it just made me looked very *cakey* - didn't seem to do anything for me at all - in fact it made my face look worse by just sitting on the top.

I find it's easier to apply with a sponge or powder puff, it creates less dust. Mind you I mainly use it on my nose and chin with just a light waft elsewhere. A standard 9g B&B lasts me about 12 months, though it's hard to judge because I use other foundations and I also have B&B in all 4 shades; the tan version works better as a bronzer on my skin than the bronze & brighten. I must have every blush & brighten she's ever sold and I've never got to the bottom of them, my all time favourites are Pink Grapefruit and Golden Apricot.

yes i have a lot of her blushes too - i wouldnt actually mind a smaller blush in all these sets for that reason - they never seem to run out..

Wow, just listening to the reply of the TSV launch (here at work in Australia!!). I'd forgotten what utter nonsense AY talks! Firstly she's describing the blush as peaches and cream - well looking at the pictures and the presentation it's completely pink! It's not peach at all! Then she suggests that the lipgloss is a lovely new colour for the lip 'area'. God, this drives me nuts. It's for your LIPS love, not the lip AREA! My chin is in my lip area, should I slap some gloss on there?? It's funny when listening and not watching (coz I'm at work...) and you're not distracted by the picture, you really realise what drivel she comes out with and how she's not actually engaged in what she's saying at all, it's purely autopilot and that's why she gets so much wrong or it's actually (literally) just irrelevant. It's the same guff that she repeats by rote, she's not actually thinking about what she's saying at all.

Finally, (and I'm Irish so I'm one to talk about accents!) but if she says beauty 'secruh' once more...

I've said it before many times and I'll say it again, it's long past time for AY to go.

Just ordered it, never tried LG before but have been keen to try B&B, and its the first makeup TSV in ages that has some brights in it rather than boring neutrals so though I'd give it a go. Looking forward to trying it.

I weakened at 4am! I agree the colours look as though they'll be more suitable for lighter skintones than the deep rose and tawny shades QVC often push in this range. Laura did a really nice eyeshadow years ago (not a baked one) it was spearmint and soft pink and it's a genius combination. On my skin I can use the 2 colours separately but if I blend them together they cancel each other out (in colour wheel terms) and create a kind of nude neutral. I must have had it 6 years and it's not used up yet. I know QVC are confident the baked basics and coloured baked products will sell well as a TSV but there are loads of nice-looking items on the QVC US website that we never see here.

I remembered the name of another Blush & Brighten which is a lovely colour on my face: "Honeydipped" It has no pink or red tones whatsoever (as AY would say) but is a light bronzey tone which adds lovely highlights if a bronzed face looks too flat (but not disco shiny like shimmer bricks). I have 2 of these (one from ebay) so that I never run out because it seems to be completely discontinued. "Tartufo" and "Hibiscus" Blush & Brighten are nice too when I have a tan but can be too pigmented when I'm pasty.

Only the lipgloss in the TSV looks too pink for me but I'll give it a whirl.

Does anyone else think the "porcelain" model with red hair just isn't pale enough to represent the fairest British skintones?

Last edited:
Blimey! Tan has sold out and Porcelain is limited stock, are we going to be treated to OTOs later today?

Blimey! Tan has sold out and Porcelain is limited stock, are we going to be treated to OTOs later today?

I think even AY was shocked at how quickly it was selling.
At 1am, 4000 had already gone.
Have they mentioned how many have sold so far today?

I'm guessing they probably had 15,000 in stock for the TSV, but I could be wrong.

I weakened at 4am! I agree the colours look as though they'll be more suitable for lighter skintones than the deep rose and tawny shades QVC often push in this range.

That's why I've ordered it, I'm very pale with black hair so all these browny neutrals make up TSV's are a waste of time for me, it's so nice to see something bright and suitable for us "English roses" (I hate that phrase but couldn't think of a better one!) I hope Q take note as its selling out mega quickly, there's obviously a demand for it.

Well mine is showing as shipped now :)

I ordered 2 planning to return one. I fall in between "fair" and "medium" and as they vary so much in the mix I am hoping one will be perfect.

Those of you who like the look of these brights like me- give Mally a go. Mally is a genius with colour and you may think the colours seem too bright but when applied to the skin they look amazing.

With this LG I like the look of the lip gloss and blush and already use the rye spackle every day. B&B is a bit hit and miss for me.

I dont know why I always find LG TSV's so appealing.....maybe I feel she is more trustworthy than young spring chicks flogging make-up!!

:happy:

But Fair makes me look tango'd and Porcelain makes me look like I died, so while I KNOW it's pointless getting it....

Why do I still WANT to??? :headbang:

Latest posts

Back