Laura Geller TSV 6/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The big problem I always had with Avon, they never actually turned out to be the colour shown in the catalogue etc. I felt guilty about returning to my local Avon lady and ended up giving away.

I resisted too, even though I watched several more presentations. Was wavering until past 11 pm! I was really surprised that the TSV didn't sell out. A few years ago such a gorgeous looking set would have been gone by early afternoon and we would have been treated to lots of OTOs. I think that QVC has really upped their make up offers and perhaps some of us are guilty of buying too much, more than we could ever use in one life time.

I have a back up of nine, NINE! BnBs. I have fallen back in love with BnB since using it with the Tarte kabuki brush. I have almost every LG blusher ever produced and most have barely been used. And that is in addition to Doll10, Tarte and Urban Decay products! The products I seem to get through most are eyeliners because I love a strong eye look.

I organised my make up on Saturday and threw out some bits that are beyond old. It made me realise how much I have and is going to be easier to use now that it is better organised. It will also be easier to resist yet another unbeatable bargain TSV.

I caved at about 11.50pm and ordered! Interested to try the B&G and liked the look of the blush, the eye crayon and the lip products. Plus those retractable brushes are useful, if not as good as the fat kabuki version. So nice to see Laura back too.

I resisted too, even though I watched several more presentations. Was wavering until past 11 pm! I was really surprised that the TSV didn't sell out. A few years ago such a gorgeous looking set would have been gone by early afternoon and we would have been treated to lots of OTOs. I think that QVC has really upped their make up offers and perhaps some of us are guilty of buying too much, more than we could ever use in one life time.

I have a back up of nine, NINE! BnBs. I have fallen back in love with BnB since using it with the Tarte kabuki brush. I have almost every LG blusher ever produced and most have barely been used. And that is in addition to Doll10, Tarte and Urban Decay products! The products I seem to get through most are eyeliners because I love a strong eye look.

I organised my make up on Saturday and threw out some bits that are beyond old. It made me realise how much I have and is going to be easier to use now that it is better organised. It will also be easier to resist yet another unbeatable bargain TSV.

Your stash sounds like mine,Laura :blush:

I used to be a big fan of Avon lipsticks but it proved impossible to keep a regular seller! I also get on OK with Boots No 7 which last really well on me. Today I bought an M&S lippie gift set to keep me away from dangerous dearer purchases. Three in a box for £12. I got pink but they do reds and plums too. Shame there was no nude set. Also got a lipgloss trio for £7.50 which may prove a poor buy, but never mind.

My current favourite long lasting lip product is M&S Autograph 'Lip Lacquer' but it is being discontinued so I'm on a lookout for a new one.

My current favourite long lasting lip product is M&S Autograph 'Lip Lacquer' but it is being discontinued so I'm on a lookout for a new one.

I love that too, my favourite was the Cafe shade which was a great neutral on me. Most of my makeup buys the last few years have been M&S own brand as they're certified cruelty free which is a must for me.

What sort of shade is Bora Bora, was it in a TSV?
See now, I didn't like the coffee & returned that kit. It looked dirty brown on my pale skin.
I've ordered another of today's TSV as a gift. Sense says I should have ordered two at once & saved on the p&p but I wanted to see the shades first to be sure they'd suit.

Honestly, I can't remember if it was in a TSV or it was one of a blusher set I bought a good while back. From Laura Geller website: http://www.laurageller.com/baked-color-true-blush.html you can select the Bora Bora to see a photo of it. The description is as follows:
Bora Bora: a happy pop of pearlescent peach-pink that leaves you with a perfect, natural-looking glow
I would say it's got a slight streakiness to it but all in the same colour - some streaks are not pearlescent but that could just be the effect in my one. It's not a shiny shimmery blush, just a little gentle lift of the colour. I use it on eyes and the apples of my cheeks.

Update - kit arrived today. Packaging is excellent quality - a really solid feel to it.

Do as they advised on the shows I watched (and advise giftees if buying for a gift) to take out the moulded packaging the items are in, and push them out from behind to avoid any damage to the products.

Blush (Chandelier Glow) is darker-looking than the Bora Bora - but it's difficult to compare a glowy product with a flatter product (did the same with my B&B vs my new B&G palette). Very nice looking kit and sure it will be well received when given as a gift (plus the one for me, when I get to it).

I've tried everything in my set apart from the lipstick and mascara, I really wanted to love it but the Balance and Glow is far too shiny, the blusher is very powdery and the eye liner was a bit of a disaster - I sneezed when I was trying to put it on. It took about 15 minutes to get it all off lol. Loved the lip gloss and the colour of the crayon thingie. I would have liked to keep the presentation box, best box ever! Feel bad about returning it but QVC do go on about being able to try it out and send it back. :mysmilie_847:
I'm better off buying individual items from Debenhams where you can see them first.

Am I the only one who doesn't get on with Laura Geller? When I apply the B&G I can't see it on my face. Maybe it's the colour, maybe it's the application. I must be doing something wrong as everyone else loves it!

I wanted to love it too but I'll have to send it back��

Am I the only one who doesn't get on with Laura Geller? When I apply the B&G I can't see it on my face. Maybe it's the colour, maybe it's the application. I must be doing something wrong as everyone else loves it!

I wanted to love it too but I'll have to send it back��

You may not see it but other people may say you look well when you are wearing it?
Do you use some moisturiser before applying it? I find that Ultrasun is a good base and the powder sticks well to it and looks like liquid foundation.

So I got this and kept it even thought I knew I wouldn't use the eye crayon or eye liner, once every Sheffield flood I might use the mascara.
I liked the lily and gloss and use it regularly but find it dries the lips.
I love the Blush and Balance and whatever it is but the blush isn't baked on a tile.
Even though I don't use it every day and I don't pile it on when I do, I am already through the the shiny metal underneath it.
It surprised me somewhat I must say. My LG stuff usually lasts for ages

A few sets are now turning up in TKMaxx. I saw two different boxed sets the other week in my local branch.

Thank you Donna, do you know at all how much it was selling for? I wanted that blusher and the eye crayon. Will use the bnb of course.

I have never seen LG in TK Maxx, has anyone else?

Latest posts

Back