LE C&P - the reason for the removel of almond milk

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Help Regarding Almond Milk

:mysmilie_348:

If it's of any help regarding obtaining some almond milk cleanse & polish, Liz Earle outlet shop on ebay sells cleanse & polish both with or without.
Check each cleanse & polish item listing it will clearly state if it contains almond milk.

I had already switched over to the A'kin Rose & Geranium cleanser as CnP was getting too expensive but my husband bought me the 200ml limited edition for my birthday in Nov. Without knowing anything about the reforumation I asked on here if anyone had noticed that it wasn't as effective as it used to be. It definitely didn't remove all my makeup as before and didn't take off all my mascara either. Shame as I liked going back to CnP now and again for a change but I think this is where A'kin will come into it's own. It's £12 for 225ml (a huge bottle!) which lasts me three months or more and it takes off everything, even eye makeup and smells gorgeous. I'm using up my CnP as a morning cleanser as it's fine to clean my face but not to cleanse it. Once it's gone though I won't be repurchasing.

Tx

is the A'kin Rose & Geranium cleanser a creamy cleanser?

Interesting. I have recently become a devotee of L'Occitane but was concerned about the sweet almond extract in a lot of their products due to my son's nut allergy. I enquired in one of their shops and was informed that the sweet almond is denatured and therefore safe for my son. We've noticed no ill effect and actually find their products suit his eczema too. It seems that there is an alternative out there for LE if the C&P is not as effective without the almond.

And also, Nessarose, Dr Hauscka actually have peanut oil in some of their products, but say it's safe for nut allergy sufferers. Since you've actually noticed no ill effect on your son, I reckon these oils, as processed for face products, are indeed safe. Therefore, I suspect Liz Earle is taking out this ingredient because they've found a cheaper alternative. Also, if she cared about such issues, why does she continue to include parabens? I don't care what case she tries to make for this, I just don't buy it.

Yep! It's not overly thick, just right for spreading all over the face. It smells fab and takes off all makeup etc no problem. A winner in my book = )
Thanks RedT, I'm definitely going to check out A'Kin!

Thanks RedT, I'm definitely going to check out A'Kin!

Hope you like it! I was really pleased to discover something so good as I was reluctant to let go of CnP which I'd been using for YONKS! But it was just getting too expensive and A'kin is so much cheaper in comparison but every bit as nice as the old formula CnP.

Enjoy!

Tx

Liz wasn't the 1st to use muslin cloths with a cleanser, so it annoys me when she keeps saying "The cloth won't work with any other cleanser".....

Plus, I don't think it was a coincidence that just after removing the almond milk, they started recommending a double cleanse, one to remove the make-up and one to deep cleanse the skin.....

Apparently Boots do a hot cloth cleanser which I will try when I use up my stockpile of other cleansers around the middle of 2015 at a guess. :mysmilie_81: http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Radiance-Boosting-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser-200ml_953890/

Also Soap and Glory have something similar http://www.boots.com/en/Soap-Glory-The-Fab-Pore-trade-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser_1014618/

Hope the links work. If anyone has tried either of these I would be interested in your views!

Bet

Thanks for the Boots link Bet, see their hot cloth cleanser is on 3 for the price of 2 so an even better bargain. :mysmilie_82:

Thanks so much for the Boots cleanser info Bet, I need to cut back on my skincare spending and I'll give this a go, Liz's stuff keeps creeping up in price and I've been looking for alternatives.

Plus, I don't think it was a coincidence that just after removing the almond milk, they started recommending a double cleanse, one to remove the make-up and one to deep cleanse the skin.....

:mysmilie_687:
Penny drops I'm finding I'm taking two pumps never thought I used to.

LE is not Mother Theresa, but a business woman who wants to make money. So if something will work out cheaper of course she will use it instead.

You can remove any creamy cleanser with a muslin cloth. Infact I find LE's very cheap and thin, Eve Lom's are bigger and better quality. Infact if you can get your hands on old terry nappies(clean of course), cut them into smaller squares they are just as good.

I had already switched over to the A'kin Rose & Geranium cleanser as CnP was getting too expensive but my husband bought me the 200ml limited edition for my birthday in Nov. Without knowing anything about the reforumation I asked on here if anyone had noticed that it wasn't as effective as it used to be. It definitely didn't remove all my makeup as before and didn't take off all my mascara either. Shame as I liked going back to CnP now and again for a change but I think this is where A'kin will come into it's own. It's £12 for 225ml (a huge bottle!) which lasts me three months or more and it takes off everything, even eye makeup and smells gorgeous. I'm using up my CnP as a morning cleanser as it's fine to clean my face but not to cleanse it. Once it's gone though I won't be repurchasing.

Tx

Hi Therese, I knew that someone on another thread had said they didn't find C&P as effective and as I said in the email to LE it's just not giving me the same effect that it used to. I've also noticed that the texture has changed. Whereas before it used to be creamy it now feels harder when I squeeze it out of the pum and in some instances the product has even rolled along my palm.

I'm using Elemis at the mo which I'm not that struck with either and like you don't want to spend a fortune. Has the Akin Rose Cleanser got rose oil in it? I seem to be ok with rose oil - ie the Elemis Gentle Rose Exfoliator is ok for me but I couldn't use the PCMC hand cream which has rose extract as this made my hands itch.

Apparently Boots do a hot cloth cleanser which I will try when I use up my stockpile of other cleansers around the middle of 2015 at a guess. :mysmilie_81: http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Radiance-Boosting-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser-200ml_953890/

Also Soap and Glory have something similar http://www.boots.com/en/Soap-Glory-The-Fab-Pore-trade-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser_1014618/

Hope the links work. If anyone has tried either of these I would be interested in your views!

Bet

BL there's a thread about this in the Health & Beauty section in the drop. Page 3 near the bottom.

I wasn't impressed with it but others liked it.

I noticed Avon are selling muslin clothes now.

On the C&P question, I bought a TSV last year looking forward to using it again after not being able to afford buying for a long time and was really disappointed. It just seemed very different and didn't seem to work as it did using the amount I had always used in the past,.

LE is not Mother Theresa, but a business woman who wants to make money. So if something will work out cheaper of course she will use it instead.

You can remove any creamy cleanser with a muslin cloth. Infact I find LE's very cheap and thin, Eve Lom's are bigger and better quality. Infact if you can get your hands on old terry nappies(clean of course), cut them into smaller squares they are just as good.

I get packs of very cheap (therefore thin) cotton terry face flannels and they're great too.

I was unaware of the change in formulation to C&P so thanks to all forumites for flagging it up. Also thanks for all thee other recommendations which I may well be investigating once I've checked which version of C&P I have and if I notice any change in its effectiveness.

Latest posts

Back