LE C&P - the reason for the removel of almond milk

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BL there's a thread about this in the Health & Beauty section in the drop. Page 3 near the bottom.

I wasn't impressed with it but others liked it.

Thanks for that BG, will have a look as soon as I get home from work :mysmilie_696:

You can buy muslin cloths from the Body Shop - although they are not quite as big. These work just as well.

I like c+p but lately my cheeks looks quite sore and red.I thought maybe it was the cloth that was irritating my skin.I wouldn't mind changing to another brand but like something that /i can put on my face but wash off - i like the feeling of washing/water.

:mysmilie_348: I found that C&P was making my skin red, so I switched to A'kin and found that it was much better than C&P - and cheaper.

It was only after the thread about the reformulation started that I checked the ingredients of the C&P that I had been using: it was the new formulation without the sweet almond.

Problem:I have about three unused C&P:mysmilie_81:

I think LE would be foolish to underestimate the problems people are having with the new formulation of C&P.. As people have found out, there are alternatives & in some cases, better than C&P.. So Liz, don't disregard people's problems with your new formulation, maybe listen to the concerns of people (your customers), or risk many going elsewhere for their cleansers & potentially other skin products too..

I had a look on Ebay to see whether I could find any C&P containing Almond Oil so that I could conduct my own experiment, cleaning one side of my face with the old formula and the other side with the new. I haven't found an old formula one but did find a C&P with the following comment:-

"Used with the pure muslin cloth, it quickly removes everyday grime and make-up, including stubborn mascara, to leave all skin types soft and smooth. Radiance boosting and packed with naturally radioactive ingredients. "

Well - that ought to be strong enough to remove the toughest of mascara!!

Hello - new person here - be gentle with me....!!
I'm a staunch C&P user, in fact trying to find out what the last LE TSVs was going to be is what led me here in the first place and have lurked ever since - Anyhoo, I didnt know the formulation had been changed, and to be honest haven't noticed any difference, but it does raise a few points in my book, if as LE's CS email states, the removal of the almond oil doesnt make any diffference to the formulation, why was it there in the first place??, secondly why bang on as she does about the never changing face of C&P since its inception blah blah blah and thirdly, I hadnt realised there were similar - cheaper - options available from Boots, which frankly I can see me investigating further. I do like the ethic of LE, the natural botanical bit etc etc, but hey, money's money and if there are similarly ethical and effective producs out there, well hey, I cant afford to be THAT much of a LE devotee........

Welcome amn! I'm disappointed that I'm not achieving the same results with C&P because I have sensitive skin and this suited it. However, thanks to other forum members I now have a couple of suggestions to try out, possibly starting with the A'kin Rose & Geranium. I don't like scrubbing round my delicate eye area with the muslin cloth to get rid of stubborn eye make up and that's what I'm now having to do, or apply a 2nd lot of C&P. I'm the first to recommend LE to people but I don't like the texture of the new formula nor its poor performance so I'll be changing.

Hello - new person here - be gentle with me....!!
I'm a staunch C&P user, in fact trying to find out what the last LE TSVs was going to be is what led me here in the first place and have lurked ever since - Anyhoo, I didnt know the formulation had been changed, and to be honest haven't noticed any difference, but it does raise a few points in my book, if as LE's CS email states, the removal of the almond oil doesnt make any diffference to the formulation, why was it there in the first place??, secondly why bang on as she does about the never changing face of C&P since its inception blah blah blah and thirdly, I hadnt realised there were similar - cheaper - options available from Boots, which frankly I can see me investigating further. I do like the ethic of LE, the natural botanical bit etc etc, but hey, money's money and if there are similarly ethical and effective producs out there, well hey, I cant afford to be THAT much of a LE devotee........

Welcome to the forum, amn, I'm sure you will have fun. I am fairly new, and love it, and am spending much less time and money with QVC in direct proportion to the time I spend here, so good result all round. :mysmilie_82:

I agree with you. I have always had good skin, but when I first began using it, C&P gave me a fantastic glow. Since I started my latest 200ml tube, however, I noticed several things;

* my skin does not look as clean and fresh after removing the C&P
* I have had several large red spots, and little bumps on my skin
* I have found myself skipping C&P in the mornings, when I used to do it religiously.

I can only put this down to the change in formula. :mysmilie_81:

I too will be looking elsewhere. A'kin in the first instance, using QVC's 30 day mbg, and then possibly the boots no 7 cleanser.

I will miss Liz Earle, and will go on using her skin repair moisturiser and super balm (until she changes something about those products, no doubt to appease her more demanding American customers!) but won't really miss anything else in her collection.

Oh well, at least cutting out her TSVs will mean that I am not flooded with her teeny tiny travel size products that she includes with each one, and which I never seem to use!

I had a look on Ebay to see whether I could find any C&P containing Almond Oil so that I could conduct my own experiment, cleaning one side of my face with the old formula and the other side with the new. I haven't found an old formula one but did find a C&P with the following comment:-

"Used with the pure muslin cloth, it quickly removes everyday grime and make-up, including stubborn mascara, to leave all skin types soft and smooth. Radiance boosting and packed with naturally radioactive ingredients. "

Well - that ought to be strong enough to remove the toughest of mascara!!

This ebay item picture shows containing almond milk, maybe worth a question to confirm it does.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Liz-Earle-Cle...Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP?hash=item48391bec78

I think Liz's halo may be slipping very slightly, lol :mysmilie_696:

:mysmilie_82:

Defo with the sell on QVC of the perfume, mentioning you won't send it back and great reviews it had recieved - :mysmilie_34: not.
Then the special new packaging, saying oh let me see it, as she'd never seen it as it was so new :mysmilie_34: then the following evening said it was in fact taking pride of place in her bathroom. :mysmilie_34:

I have just checked my stockpile,datting back to Dec 2008 (I always put a date on when I recieve it as I had some go off before I could use it) and none has the almond in it. I hadn't noticed any difference I have to say,but I don't actually wear a lot of makeup and no mascara so I wouldn't know about the make up removing properties.It's not my favourite product of the range anyway-I love the skin repair and,dare I say it,the perfume-but I agree,she shouldn't be saying constantly that they have never changed the formula because it was already the best,when they have at some point removed the first ingredient listed.

:mysmilie_82:

Defo with the sell on QVC of the perfume, mentioning you won't send it back and great reviews it had recieved - :mysmilie_34: not.
Then the special new packaging, saying oh let me see it, as she'd never seen it as it was so new :mysmilie_34: then the following evening said it was in fact taking pride of place in her bathroom. :mysmilie_34:

The perfume saga was definitely one of the worst Bags.. Picking out a few 'good' reviews from the website, when the other 90% of reviews were awful & peeps had sent the perfume back.. I don't think ive ever read such consistantly bad reviews for an item on qvc.. But to hear LE on qvc talking about her perfume, unless you've read the reviews, you'd be led to believe that the perfume was flawless.. I think its a sneaky way to treat their viewers (especially those with no internet, so are not reading all the bad reviews)
Well, ive had my moans for tonight, lol.. Im off to beddy byes x :mysmilie_696:

I've been increasingly annoyed with QVC and LE implying that her products are more natural than they are. I'm not against preservatives etc per se but if you look in the Green Beauty Bible etc she doesn't always get the highest rating as her products aren't *that* natural (although the editors of the Beauty Bibles still rave about her like she was the Second Coming for skincare...). Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of her stuff although I've moved on to other brand for most things.

I wish they hadn't changed CnP as I liked it as a treat when I was feeling flush and it was always a handy pressie for the other half to buy me hehe! But once again QVC need to be looked at if she's still claiming the formula has never changed but her own CS admit that it has!!

Tx

I've been increasingly annoyed with QVC and LE implying that her products are more natural than they are. I'm not against preservatives etc per se but if you look in the Green Beauty Bible etc she doesn't always get the highest rating as her products aren't *that* natural (although the editors of the Beauty Bibles still rave about her like she was the Second Coming for skincare...).

That annoys me too and I'm beginning to take what the Beauty Bibles say with a pinch of salt as they are so far up Ms Earle's rear its unbearable.

The perfume saga was definitely one of the worst Bags.. Picking out a few 'good' reviews from the website, when the other 90% of reviews were awful & peeps had sent the perfume back.. I don't think ive ever read such consistantly bad reviews for an item on qvc.. But to hear LE on qvc talking about her perfume, unless you've read the reviews, you'd be led to believe that the perfume was flawless.. I think its a sneaky way to treat their viewers (especially those with no internet, so are not reading all the bad reviews)
Well, ive had my moans for tonight, lol.. Im off to beddy byes x :mysmilie_696:

Just had another look at the fragrance on QVCs website. Whilst the 3 out of 5 star rating is showing the 300-odd reviews themselves don't seem to be coming up!.....mmmmm!

I really like a lot of the LE products and thought there was some integrity there but am having second thoughts now.

That annoys me too and I'm beginning to take what the Beauty Bibles say with a pinch of salt as they are so far up Ms Earle's rear its unbearable.
Aren`t the writers of the Beauty Bible `good friends` of Liz Earle? That probably would account for them being so far up her rear end Cupcake, haha :mysmilie_61:

Had a nosey in Boots today at the Soap & Glory hot cloth cleanser which contains sweet almond oil. I think I'll try this once I've worked my way through the C&P stockpile.

I cant say that I have noticed any change in the C&P, I'm on a 200ml tube at the moment and checked it and its the new formula. Still takes off all my mascara and I dont need two applications.

Latest posts

Back