LE C&P - the reason for the removel of almond milk

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Pol :mysmilie_348:
Off topic here but I'm really interested by your post, having had some allergy testing on the NHS, the standard 12 I have a number of allergies that cause skin flare-ups and chest problems. Did you have your testing done privately if so i wonder if you could let me know how you arranged this? I'd be interested to have some more vigorous allergy testing as the things I know i'm allergic too that I now try to avoid has improved things for me considerably.

THanks in advance LTx

It was on the NHS (about 7 years ago) and the testing was for contact allergies. I do have a history of contact allergies which may have made a difference to what they tested for. They also tested a number of products that I took in with me, which increased the amount of substances that they tested. My face and body had reacted so badly that my skin was red and peeling off really badly (most attractive!); this may have had an impact on what they tested for.

My life was made so much easier since I found out what was causing the problem.

It was on the NHS (about 7 years ago) and the testing was for contact allergies. I do have a history of contact allergies which may have made a difference to what they tested for. They also tested a number of products that I took in with me, which increased the amount of substances that they tested. My face and body had reacted so badly that my skin was red and peeling off really badly (most attractive!); this may have had an impact on what they tested for.

My life was made so much easier since I found out what was causing the problem.

Thanks Pol - that's really interesting. I've had years of urticaria break outs and chest issues, courses of steroids, injections etc but like I say just had the standard few tests which was a great help. Mmmmm might see if i can find out more.

To those of you with the allergies, try the Lavera Neutral range: it was developed for people with severe allergies - white creamy texture, but you only need a little or it's too greasy. Here's the full list of ingredients in Lavera Neutral Face Cream, as it appears on the box: Water (Aqua), Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Rincinoleate, Tricaprylin, Glycerin, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Oleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Steryl Beeswax, Behenyl Beeswax, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate.

Here's a great one from Green Baby - it's their Petroleum Free Jelly, so a little goes a long way - here's the full list of ingredients: Cocos nucifera (coconut oil), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), olea europea (organic olive oil), triticum vulgare (wheatgerm oil).

Also, Balm Balm ) - here's the full list of ingredients for their fragrance free 'lip balm (and more)': butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), helianthus annuus (sunflower oil), cera alba (beeswax), calendula officinalis (calendula oil), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba oil).

I use all of these products and they are a godsend when your skin is irritated because they just calm it down. They may not have the aesthetic appeal of your high street brands, but they are pure and good, with true high quality ingredients.

Latest posts

Back