LE C&P - the reason for the removel of almond milk

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maybe I'm a bit naive but unless the BB editors have shares in the company or get lots of freebies that they can use (or stick on ebay lol) they wouldn't recommend her range becasue they wouldn't gain any benefit from doing so.

I do think its a bit misleading that they say the brand is natural and compared to some it is (compared to others it isn't) but it does contain some ingredients that they say aren't good in the green beauty bible.

I think it was a bit of a market leader when it first came out - there have been other fab all natural ranges around for years such as Dr Hauschka, but LE seemed to really hit the mass market with a whole host of ethics behind animal testing, the sourcing of ingredients, being a british brand etc so its got a lot going for it and it seems even millions of people use it. I think some other natural brands have popped up in the meantime and maybe taken over a bit regarding the naturalness of the ingredients they use but i think LE will always be a favourite with many and I must admit as much as I can't use some of the face range I do quite like it and I too have tried the fragrance a few times now and actually really like so think I'll buy.

St Ives Radiance cream cleanser Apricot cream wash in Moisture Rich was featured in an article some time last summer where they compared it to LE and it was preferred.It was coincidentally on offer at Tesco and I bought a couple of tubes for me plus the combination skin one for my daughter. It is really lovely and works very well with the muslin cloth,even tho Liz reckons the cloths ONLY work with C&P! ;)

I've been used Boot's No 7 foaming facial wash and also two different Oil of Olay facial washes with the muslin cloth and they work well too and suit my sensitive skin.

I think part of Liz Earle's success is the lady herself, she could sell oil to the Arabs!! Maybe it's just me, but the woman is mesmerising, I find watching her so relaxing and therapeutic, almost like a session with a hypnotist.
She's stunning to look at (100% heterosexual here btw:mysmilie_348:) and has me hanging on her every word and buying into her stuff when, tbh, I'm not really all that keen on it, love some of the smells though.
When that other lady presents it (could be her business partner?) I know I wouldn't buy any of it, but if it's Liz...........well, even F.A.R.Ting on it doesn't help:mysmilie_81:

In all honesty, I haven't noticed any difference at all and I've been using LE for about 3 yrs. Having said that, I don't have sensitive skin.

In all honesty, I haven't noticed any difference at all and I've been using LE for about 3 yrs. Having said that, I don't have sensitive skin.

I am with you on this. Can have flare ups on my skin, but has not happened, almond oil or no almond oil

I do have sensitive skin and haven't noticed any difference either. Been a LE user for about 10 years now

I don't know when the almond milk was removed but I was aware 3 years ago that there had been changes to the preservative that was used (methyldibromo glutaronitrile). The preservative in the C&P and some of the other products was banned from all European manufactured cosmetic products due to high incidents of allergies. It was possibly at this point that the formulation changed regarding the almond milk.

I used C&P for years and was really happy with it, until the allergy struck; not only on my face but also on my body. My reaction was that bad that I had to see a dermatologist and have patch tests. Where the patch testing was undertaken, I took the products that I was using with me and they were tested. It was found that I was allergic to a particular preservative, which was in a number of LE products, hence the allergy being on my face and body. I was tested for over a 100 different substances and only reacted to one.

The perfume saga was definitely one of the worst Bags.. Picking out a few 'good' reviews from the website, when the other 90% of reviews were awful & peeps had sent the perfume back.. I don't think ive ever read such consistantly bad reviews for an item on qvc.. But to hear LE on qvc talking about her perfume, unless you've read the reviews, you'd be led to believe that the perfume was flawless.. I think its a sneaky way to treat their viewers (especially those with no internet, so are not reading all the bad reviews)
Well, ive had my moans for tonight, lol.. Im off to beddy byes x :mysmilie_696:

All the reviews were showing when I just checked. Out of 317 reviews,163 are 3 star and above-in fact most of those are 4 or 5 stars, that is over 50% so I don't know where you got your figures from. As I have pointed out before,perfume is a very subjective thing. I have like very few of the popular perumes over the last 30 years-don't even like Chanel No. 5, Cristalle etc. You very rarely see perfumes reviewed in the way they are on QVC so don't know about the multitude of unused bottles of perfume sat in peoples closets because they don't like them. The problem here is that you can't test LE in every department store or Boots like you can most others, so you get people buying without trying. I don't know why there is such a move on here to discredit Liz and particularly to trounce her perfume. It's interesting to me,that a few people put off on here have gone on to try the perfume and have loved it. If complaining about the accuracy of QVC's review system then at least get your own percentages right,please! Yes, I am the saddo sitting here bored on a sunday afternoon who just went through and looked at every single review! Like with many perfumes there is a love it/hate it split here.

I do think it is wrong that they changed C&P whilst claiming it has never changed and believe Liz has made a serious error there,as when anyone does this once they can be forever be seen as dishonest.She needs to put a statement on her website about this in my opinion.

Last edited:
I do think it is wrong that they changed C&P whilst claiming it has never changed and believe Liz has made a serious error there,as when anyone does this once they can be forever be seen as dishonest.She needs to put a statement on her website about this in my opinion.

An announcement live on air would be good too. Not all QVC viewers will have internet access.

I don't know when the almond milk was removed but I was aware 3 years ago that there had been changes to the preservative that was used (methyldibromo glutaronitrile). The preservative in the C&P and some of the other products was banned from all European manufactured cosmetic products due to high incidents of allergies. It was possibly at this point that the formulation changed regarding the almond milk.

I used C&P for years and was really happy with it, until the allergy struck; not only on my face but also on my body. My reaction was that bad that I had to see a dermatologist and have patch tests. Where the patch testing was undertaken, I took the products that I was using with me and they were tested. It was found that I was allergic to a particular preservative, which was in a number of LE products, hence the allergy being on my face and body. I was tested for over a 100 different substances and only reacted to one.

I have used C&P for at least 10 years and never had any problems until recently. I don't wear much make up, but when we were away @ New Year I did, and used C&P to remove it. Now, for the first time ever, I have got eczema on my eyelid (not very attractive!) I'm just wondering if it is the changed formula which has caused this.

after stalling for ages, i ordered the 10-piece Liz Earle set to try a bit of everything..it came yesterday and i like the feel of it but am not enamoured with the smell (i'd liken it to insect repellent)....i'm wondering if it's gone 'off' cos i've always heard peeps rave about the smells? I'm specifically talking about the toner, moisturiser and body lotion. The orange body wash which i was looking forward to wasn't great either although the foot scrub and lotion i like.

Hi Pol :mysmilie_348:
Off topic here but I'm really interested by your post, having had some allergy testing on the NHS, the standard 12 I have a number of allergies that cause skin flare-ups and chest problems. Did you have your testing done privately if so i wonder if you could let me know how you arranged this? I'd be interested to have some more vigorous allergy testing as the things I know i'm allergic too that I now try to avoid has improved things for me considerably.

THanks in advance LTx

after stalling for ages, i ordered the 10-piece Liz Earle set to try a bit of everything..it came yesterday and i like the feel of it but am not enamoured with the smell (i'd liken it to insect repellent)....i'm wondering if it's gone 'off' cos i've always heard peeps rave about the smells? I'm specifically talking about the toner, moisturiser and body lotion. The orange body wash which i was looking forward to wasn't great either although the foot scrub and lotion i like.

i always think skin repair smells like BO mrs j lol, its not off its just the essencial oils in it (at least i think it is)
as for the toner that smells lovely really freshing and floral!
i wouldnt have thaught it was off

Been to Boots this morning and they now do a similar thing to C & P, called No. 7 Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser. You get 200ml for £8.75 but I actually got it for £3.75 because at the moment they're giving out £5 vouchers (with any purchase I think - I'd spent £6.99 and got mine). They're valid till Friday 29th January if I remember correctly. Anyway, had a look at the ingredients and amongst all the usual chemicals it's got cocoa seed butter and glycerine. You also get a muslin cloth, although I always prefer to use a towelling face cloth. Have no idea what it's like. I will be using tonight and will report back.

Been to Boots this morning and they now do a similar thing to C & P, called No. 7 Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser. You get 200ml for £8.75 but I actually got it for £3.75 because at the moment they're giving out £5 vouchers (with any purchase I think - I'd spent £6.99 and got mine). They're valid till Friday 29th January if I remember correctly. Anyway, had a look at the ingredients and amongst all the usual chemicals it's got cocoa seed butter and glycerine. You also get a muslin cloth, although I always prefer to use a towelling face cloth. Have no idea what it's like. I will be using tonight and will report back.

Please do maggiemay. x

I have used C&P (amongst other things) for a few years and always liked the creamy feel on my skin. The last couple pump ones I have used (I bought a trio) didnt feel as rich but I thought it was my imagination so I started to use a couple of pumps to get the coverage I used to have. I have just been away for the weekend and my cousin lent me a small tube that she had hanging around and it was just as I remembered, thicker and creamy. I forgot to bring it away with me but I have been promised the tube and will double check ingredients and texture. Also, I am not sure whether the fact that one was a pump and one was a tube would have any bearing on the texture?

I havent had any problem with my skin using either of the types but there are lots of alternatives out there and I like the luxury feel factor so there is no point in sticking with LE any longer as it isnt there.

After I have used the third one I wont be re-purchasing LE but will definitely try another hot cloth cleaner.

Will let you know what I find.

Bet

Said earlier I'd report back on the Boots Hot Cloth Cleanser. It's fairly thick but nice and silky and doesn't drag. No strong smell, just a very faint "baby powder" type smell. Can't make a comparison with the C & P as it's so long since I used that I can't remember what it was like. However, the muslin cloth is slightly coarser than the C & P ones, as I still have a couple of those. I actually liked this as it seemed the cloth was doing the job better, rather than just gliding over the skin but everyone's different so some may not like that. Only cleansed the once and it took off all my make up. Didn't use it on the eyes as it said not to but it seems very mild. I took it very close to the eyes and it didn't feel uncomfortable. Got a nice fresh glow after using it but that could be more to do with the cloth than the product. Am going to try it tomorrow with my Tresonic - one of the few gadgets I have which hasn't ended up at the back of a drawer!

Latest posts

Back