leighton denny products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
I have the most awful nails & for months covered them up with gel applications.About 4 months ago I decided to give them a rest & started to 'feed'.I have used several brands including OPI & then bought a Leighton Denny Bio Build set from M&S.This seems to be showing some improvement & am encouraged to buy more products including the remover-- but can I get it? QVC have lots of kits most of things I don't want, M&S stock very limited, LD website saying they have had a large warehouse fire & also showing no stockists in any area!
I have combed central Manchester today Harvey Nics/Selfridges/H of F who wondered who I was talking about!
Just about to give up but LD seems strong on QVC.Any advice?

I've been using those and all of a sudden my nails are back to great condition again after 2 years of splitting and chipping. I find the nail remover really sticky so wont use now my nails are good again. What products exactly are you looking for as if you don't mind my leftovers I'm happy to pass them on to you for free. Just realised this would probably have been better in a pm.

Just read again is it just the remover? I have a remover pot and a bottle of remover you are welcome to.

BTW I bought the remover from the LD website and like you the biobuild set from M&S but I've never seen the remover for sale at either M&S or QVC.

The Bio Build is one of the options to choose in this set
http://www.qvcuk.com/Leighton-Denny...t.208126.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-8-_-208126
The other kits with that in seem to be on wait list
I really rate his products though, I actually have nails now! I regularly use the Renovate & the crystal file along with the polishes to protect them. The Miracle Drops are amazing & make painting your nails a whole lot faster.

DD double-check with your Post Office as they have tough rules about posting flammable liquids such as polish removers; you might have to use Hermes or another courier...it's a nuisance if trying to return sets of more than 4 polishes to Q, or selling surplus polishes on ebay.

ps you're a kind person for offering to help out another forum member; i love this place!

I have the most awful nails & for months covered them up with gel applications.About 4 months ago I decided to give them a rest & started to 'feed'.I have used several brands including OPI & then bought a Leighton Denny Bio Build set from M&S.This seems to be showing some improvement & am encouraged to buy more products including the remover-- but can I get it? QVC have lots of kits most of things I don't want, M&S stock very limited, LD website saying they have had a large warehouse fire & also showing no stockists in any area!
I have combed central Manchester today Harvey Nics/Selfridges/H of F who wondered who I was talking about!
Just about to give up but LD seems strong on QVC.Any advice?

http://ld-boutique.com/expert-nails?cat=42

Don't see anything about a fire on LD website

I have nails for the first time using Leighton Denny! The crystal file is brilliant, expensive but worth the money. I think the key is using oil on the nails. I use his products plus anything else I have lying around. I don't get days and days from the polish, but am working on strengthening them and saving the colour for when I feel like it��
I have seen LD products in John Lewis. Pricey though

many thanks for your advice especially DunmowDizzy for offering me your products.I am going to try JL ( if I can face the Trafford Centre!) that is a good point on the mail delivery of Remover I am especially looking for Renovate, the Biobuild set is available in M&S & JL.Thanks again all for your interest.I am hoping for some winter sunshine soon & that usually helps the nail growth!

Tried Amazon & are LD products are available thinking about paying nearly £6 p&p but thanks for link AndiK!

currently on TKMaxx online are 6 Leighton Denny kits incl remover at 60% plus discounts, as part of their Black Friday offers ....

many thanks for your advice especially DunmowDizzy for offering me your products.I am going to try JL ( if I can face the Trafford Centre!) that is a good point on the mail delivery of Remover I am especially looking for Renovate, the Biobuild set is available in M&S & JL.Thanks again all for your interest.I am hoping for some winter sunshine soon & that usually helps the nail growth!

The renovate is one of the items in the M&S beauty advent calendar. It may have sold out now. I haven't checked recently

I have had great success on my nails with - wait for it - Judith Williams's LLB eye mask.

It was a bit too greasy for my eye area (AY!), so I thought I would be extremely frugal, and use it up on my hands and nails. No matter what strengthener I tried, my nails were always weak & peeling. Thanks to JW, they stopped peeling, and now my nails and cuticles are hydrated & healthy. I still have 2 nails that are proving a little tempermental, but they are coming along, so I can't complain.

To maintain them (and to beautify, of course), I use 2 coats of Perfect Formula, 2 coats of OPI, and finish with 1 coat of seche vite. I use the Nails Inc remover pots, and think they are excellent: fast, convenient, effective, and do not strip my nails.

I know this doesn't help with the search for Leighton Denny's products, but may be helpful if you find you have to look elsewhere.

Grr, my nails are my biggest bugbear at the moment! I have stopped using gel as have an allergic reaction, but normal polish won't stay on and my nails chip and snap at the lightest touch. I put gel on again Sunday in the hope of saving my nails but the skin has started reacting again. I have Renovate, Hydra Flex shield and Hydra Flex Serum here but am not sure how to use them. Can anyone help? I also hate not having my nails painted - any tips gratefully received :)

Aldi Lacura Nail Oil, Nail Brightener and Nail Hardener does it for me
£1.99 each
i use the oil once a week on naked clean nails
and when completely soaked in, overnight or an hour or two
i use the brightener and then the hardener
looks like a french manicure but without the hassle
nails nice and strong now even when naked
as long as i don't get them wet and eposed to washing up liquid etc
when they were more brittle, i found Perfect Formula Gel very useful to protect them
but don't need it anymore, and find it a bit expensive
as it gets gloopy before i have used a third of the bottle
also, don't forget to make sure that you take your omega 3 oils internally
plenty of different ways to have it in your diet
i just add a scoop of milled flaxseed into my morning porridge
and job's a goodun

I've been able to get LD products from musthaveuk (sorry, not sure able to do the link) - worth a look, last time I bought p&p was 99p.

Minxy, the Hydraflex serum you just put on bare nails, rub it in till it disappears then put the shield on, I don't then use a base coat. Renovate you can use on painted nails, or put it on bare nails and leave overnight, you are supposed to wait about 8 hours before painting as it puts a coating over the nail that might make the polish peel sooner. I usually put a tiny blob near the cuticle and massage in. You can do a 14 day detox, using it twice a day for 2 weeks and you are supposed to see a marked improvement. I can't have unpainted nails for that long either!! So just use it as a treatment. Slick Tips is great too, just pile it on as and when, esp this time of year. I do not have fabulous nails but they are ok, I think the hero item is really the crystal nail file, made my nails break/split far less than before I had one.

agree about the LD crystal nail file - excellent and well worth it :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back