Liz Earle TSV Saturday 05 February 2011

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I read the first review yesterday on QVC,don't think anyone should be able to leave a comment without actually trying out a product first,it's plain daft leaving a five star review for something you haven't tried.
Didn't buy the tsv,got some LE stuff in my stockpile anyway,love the body wash though.

7 reviews for yesterday's tsv now online. Ordered my tsv on Advanced Order...

Yes, but it's still an irritant - just like SLS, which a lot of 'natural' companies (e.g. Lush) still use a lot cause it makes things nice and foamy. I don't mind too much as I don't react too much but I think it would be nice if a company that advertises itself as being biological and so full of natural goodness actually stuck to what they're promising.

has anyone seen in feb issue of woman & home magazine they are promoting an exclusive evening with Liz Earle at selected John Lewis stores tickets are 15 quid but ticket price is redeemable against products bought on the night and everyone attending gets a free goody bag worth over 50 pounds its a win win you can reserve tickets at lizearle.com/womenandhome PS i am not on commission xx
I tried this web page,got a message "page not found", they may have finished the offer now. Any ideas how to get this offer?

Is that not in most shampoos or bath products?

Hello! :wave: yes, indeed it is - which is sort of one of the beefs I have, she markets it as naturally active and full of 'unique' ingredients - but that one is found in most 'evil high street' brands! Naughty Liz :wink:

It isn't nearly as natural as she makes out, and still contains a few potential nasty irritants, like cocamidopropyl betaine...

Which is a synthetic derived from coconut oil (which of course is natural) but many natural ingredients are also irritants as many have found.

A few weeks back Petpixie posted about her son's reaction from using Ojon shampoo and this ingredient I think was either 2nd or 3rd in the listing so a high concentration. As it happened, at the same time I had a rash all over the back of my neck and shoulders and didn't check my shampoo as it was SLS free and 'natural' and so ok but blamed my shower gel. Turns out it was the shampoo because of Cocamidopropyl betaine high up in the listing. I've gone back to Aveda Shampure & conditioner now and it has all cleared up!

LE's Orange flower body wash made me came out in an itchy red rash too.

Oddly enough if I get an eczema flare up I use Gatineau's Melatogenine cream on it as it soothes, calms the redness and heals it! Quite a few chemicals in there and shows just how we all react differently to products!

:flower:

We've got loads of various allergies in my family - if it exists chances are either me or my dad or brother have it and the number of times my dad's been in hospital for his bad skin flare ups recently has been alarming.

I bought him natural shampoos and they were absolutely impossible for him. The only thing that doesn't cause a flare up? Herbal Essences, which according to a test report he saw is one of the most nasty products out there.

In an article I read a couple of years back it actually said that if you suffer from allergies chemical products can be better than all-natural ones because so many natural ingredients can cause adverse reactions. Shame there are no hard-and-fast rules, trial and error seems to be the only way to go.

Just taken delivery of mine - I probably only buy one out of every three or four Liz Earle TSVs now and I'd forgotten that gorgeous scent when you open the box! I also seem to be in the very small minority who gets on with her shampoo and conditioner, I must have a particularly tough scalp. I think it sees a new haircare range and says "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" :giggle:

I have mine and I love the shampoo. However, the normal conditioner does not seem to have enough guts for my hair, so I phoned Liz earle direct today to talk to them. Had hoped they would send me a trial sachet of the dry, but they don't do trial sachets! It was suggested to me that I order the 50 ml size at about £4. Yes, I probably could, but if I don't like it that's £4 + £3 postage wasted, and if I do, I could have ordered the large 200ml size for only another £3! Seems like they have missed a trick here, really-it's a product I would order regularly, and as someone who already orders from them VERY regularly, I feel a bit let down.
Shame when a company get so big that they dish out free samples with every order, but can't do something like this. Hey ho.
Would be interested in other opinions of people who have tried the conditioner. Thanks

I have mine and I love the shampoo. However, the normal conditioner does not seem to have enough guts for my hair, so I phoned Liz earle direct today to talk to them. Had hoped they would send me a trial sachet of the dry, but they don't do trial sachets! It was suggested to me that I order the 50 ml size at about £4. Yes, I probably could, but if I don't like it that's £4 + £3 postage wasted, and if I do, I could have ordered the large 200ml size for only another £3! Seems like they have missed a trick here, really-it's a product I would order regularly, and as someone who already orders from them VERY regularly, I feel a bit let down.
Shame when a company get so big that they dish out free samples with every order, but can't do something like this. Hey ho.
Would be interested in other opinions of people who have tried the conditioner. Thanks

Yeah, I was surprised that you didn't get a choice of conditioner.
Seemed obvious to me, give oily conditioner with the oily moisturiser, normal with normal ...etc.

They did sachets when they first launched the hair care range because they sent me a dry one (inside a card)! Although it made my hair very soft, it was too rich and weighed my fine hair down. The normal on the other hand really damaged the ends of my hair (and I'd only just had it cut when I started using it so it was in good condition). Maybe go back to them again and see if someone else can be more helpful ...?

Last edited:

Why not try ringing again and ask to speak to the guest presenter on Liz Earle, Caroline Archer she is very knowledgeable?

Latest posts

Back