Lock & Lock TSV 27/1/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now will I go for this? I always say yes, then no, then think about it. Buy the time I've made up my mind it is usually sold out. Today I'm saying yes, but maybe depends on what it is. Round shapes doubt it.

Rectangle ones only for me as round ones take up too much space to stack and store. I always end up losing the lids to match the bases as well. No more.

CC

Get one of those magazine box files and put it at the side of the cupboard and bung lids in there. I knicjed the idea from a born super organised mate. It was a standing joke in birth she came out fully toilet trained, able to speak in five languages with a clip board and stop watch in her hand. Lovely person but flames talented and smart. She just looked at something and could see a way to sort issues out. As I said lovely person but flames super talented.

Now will I go for this? I always say yes, then no, then think about it. Buy the time I've made up my mind it is usually sold out. Today I'm saying yes, but maybe depends on what it is. Round shapes doubt it.
Best to take a look now at what you already have, and what you need. Then if the TSV will fulfil that need, you can spring into action.
For me, it's a no, as my Lock & Lock inventory is sufficient and works very well for me. My favourite sets are clear nesting containers I bought on Q several years ago.

My issue with Lock n Lock is that it's difficult to keep the little blue lining bits in the lids free from mould after a while. You have to be very careful to wash and dry perfectly each time. I ended up taking one out and soaking it in bleach but when I put it back it somehow didn't fit 100% and that particular container now leaks if you turn it upside down. Has anyone else had either of these problems?

I know it was pre-microwave but I prefer the old Tupperware containers. I wonder if the newer ones are still as good - does anyone know? Mine are donkeys' years old.

My issue with Lock n Lock is that it's difficult to keep the little blue lining bits in the lids free from mould after a while. You have to be very careful to wash and dry perfectly each time. I ended up taking one out and soaking it in bleach but when I put it back it somehow didn't fit 100% and that particular container now leaks if you turn it upside down. Has anyone else had either of these problems?

I know it was pre-microwave but I prefer the old Tupperware containers. I wonder if the newer ones are still as good - does anyone know? Mine are donkeys' years old.
I have a dishwasher never get mould in the lids must be the heat kills the bacteria

I have loads of L & L and have never had a issue with the seals. I don't have a dishwasher, but after washing and drying them I always leave them on the side to "air out" and fully dry before puting away.
TK Maxx is my "go to" place for specific ones as nearly always available at a decent price.
Always one round L&L in the car with water in, so when we go out with the dog she's catered for.

I think in my L&L collection the containers and lids Divorce.Can I get them to reconcile? No.
It's a perennial problem, isn't it?
I tackle it 3 ways. Nesting ones are stored with their lids on. It means it's a bit of a faff if you want the smallest size, but does mean no issue finding the lid.
My stackable ones are stacked, with one container hosting the others' lids.
My non-stackables are in a single container together with their lids.
I do have a lot of non L&L which I use as cupboard organisers, drawer organisers etc. But I still keep the lids with the containers of the same type.
I am not this obsessive or organised about everything, but as I use my containers a lot, it would be too stressful and time-consuming if I didn't keep them organised.
I have seen recommendations to use magazine holders on their sides to corral the errant lids.
Bottom line is to choose which way to store your containers that allows you to get maximum use out of them.

I’m going to devote an hour or 2 organising mine. Like the magazine file idea for the non nesting ones.
I try to only store food that has been cooked with tomato in them in the red lidded ones as the tomato stains the plastic.

Attachments

• Lock & Lock TSV 1.jpg
    Lock & Lock TSV 1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 231
  • Lock & Lock TSV 2.jpg
    Lock & Lock TSV 2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 235
  • Lock & Lock TSV 3.jpg
    Lock & Lock TSV 3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 193
  • Lock & Lock TSV 4.jpg
    Lock & Lock TSV 4.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 225
I had a shake thing from Tupperware well my Mother bought it and I liberated it as a student. I used it a lot at one time and then it found its place in the back of the cupboard and lived a happy not being used life.

Fancied this initially but this it will be a pass. I can't cope with looking at the demo of paperclips stuff in them. Think I'm getting too old for some stuff Q.

Yes, that shaker's a tupperware staple, I had one years ago, can't remember ever trying to make my own mayo though. In the early nineties there was a lot of tupperware parties going on through the mother and toddler group I joined. I remember being very excited about a ice lolly mould, and a citrus extractor that you stuck in to the actual fruit and squeezed out the juice, it was ok for lemons but a bit naff for oranges. I remember another lady at group telling me that she'd bought the ice tups (as they were called) and took her kids to the park with their own home made ice lolly but forgot to tell them to keep the handles - yep the kids threw them in the bin! Least it was a set of six!

Get one of those magazine box files and put it at the side of the cupboard and bung lids in there. I knicjed the idea from a born super organised mate. It was a standing joke in birth she came out fully toilet trained, able to speak in five languages with a clip board and stop watch in her hand. Lovely person but flames talented and smart. She just looked at something and could see a way to sort issues out. As I said lovely person but flames super talented.

I've done this for my boxes of cling/parchment/food bags. I stuck it on with S-Fixx S-Bond - same stuff that stopped a pouring-down-my-wall leak in my roof in heavy rain.

Both were years ago, both are still holding well. I love S-Bond!

Latest posts

Back