Lulu Guinness TSV 16/08/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There haven't been any LG in my local John Lewis for a long time. Wonder why that is? It seems to be overflowing with Ted Baker bags.

Oh Thump! My red TSV (on waitlist) has just been despatched! All colours are back in stock now (possibly returns) so be warned if you hoping (as I was) that another month might pass before it came back into stock. Oh well back on the lentils for the rest of September!

Still very happy with the indigo one.

Oh Thump! My red TSV (on waitlist) has just been despatched! All colours are back in stock now (possibly returns) so be warned if you hoping (as I was) that another month might pass before it came back into stock. Oh well back on the lentils for the rest of September!

Still very happy with the indigo one.

I hope it's not mine Akimbo! Patent scratched off the base of the handle - have a close look! Doh, I should have put a teabag in the pocket!!

Well forewarned is forearmed so I'll inspect it thoroughly when it arrives. :mysmilie_59: Mind you I'm v careful with any items that arrive with the tell-tale 2 barcode label. I don't mind being sent a return per se but I wish they'd inspect the item as closely as I do! :dull:

I went to Birchwood last week and they had lots of LG bags with 30% off the quality did not look as good as the ones I have bought direct from LG.

Lulu Guinness-ers! I need your help.
I love my Pollyanna, I really do, to look at it makes me so happy! but BOY does it start getting a bit heavy trundling round town with it on my shoulder after an hour or so. It pains me to say it. Are all LG bags this heavy? Or is it due to the perspex frame? I adore the bag but wonder if I'll stick with the bag over time.
Thinking of changing it for another, large paula maybe. Any recommendations of a similar size but less weight?

Last edited:
Sorry, meant the Jenny, one of today's hot picks. Does anyone own one? Any views on how heavy it is compared to the Pollyanna?

I have a medium Jenny in black patent and a blue one as well and I find them much lighter than say my patent Franka bag, that is the only downside I think of some of Lulu's bags, they weigh a tonne before you put anything in them! I have a plain leather wanda and that is much lighter too.. I think the franka is so heavy as there is quite a lot of patent involved as it has side pockets, the patent Paula bag I bought when it was a Tsv is also lighter but I don't like it as much, hope this helps a bit

The Jenny is quite a bit lighter than the Pollyanna. I haven't tried a Paula. The Amelia is lighter than the PA, but it's a hand held bag rather than a shoulder bag. Depends what you want. The Jenny is beautiful but I am not keen on the lipstick pulls on the current QVC selection.

My PA went back as it was damaged, and I didn't love it that much to replace it. Which is just as well, as my washing machine broke today :-( lol No more LG for me for a while! (Although I may tune in later, just to see!)

I have a medium Jenny in black patent and a blue one as well and I find them much lighter than say my patent Franka bag, that is the only downside I think of some of Lulu's bags, they weigh a tonne before you put anything in them! I have a plain leather wanda and that is much lighter too.. I think the franka is so heavy as there is quite a lot of patent involved as it has side pockets, the patent Paula bag I bought when it was a Tsv is also lighter but I don't like it as much, hope this helps a bit
That helps a lot, thank you :)

The Jenny is quite a bit lighter than the Pollyanna. I haven't tried a Paula. The Amelia is lighter than the PA, but it's a hand held bag rather than a shoulder bag. Depends what you want. The Jenny is beautiful but I am not keen on the lipstick pulls on the current QVC selection.

My PA went back as it was damaged, and I didn't love it that much to replace it. Which is just as well, as my washing machine broke today :-( lol No more LG for me for a while! (Although I may tune in later, just to see!)

Thanks, I think it may just have to be the Jenny then! I really like the look of the lipstick zip pulls from the photo so that adds to the bag for me, but I can understand those who aren't keen.
Anyway, will wait for the show tonight and hope its on to see "in real life"

Ps re: your washing machine - oh no! :(

This forum is far more useful than any information Q manage to detail on air/website :mysmilie_504:

Jenny in midnight is all mine! Will keep the Pollyanna until it arrives just to make sure, but in my heart I think I know that the heaviness of the Pollyanna would reduce my usage of it over time, and a bags at this price are meant to be used and enjoyed regularly.

Last edited:
i have both jenny and pollyanna, i personally find the pollyanna much dressier and tend to use it when going to a meeting etc, jenny i use more casually.

This forum is far more useful than any information Q manage to detail on air/website :mysmilie_504:

Jenny in midnight is all mine! Will keep the Pollyanna until it arrives just to make sure, but in my heart I think I know that the heaviness of the Pollyanna would reduce my usage of it over time, and a bags at this price are meant to be used and enjoyed regularly.

Good for you! I love the midnight colour and have yet to get a bag in that shade, I agree that bags should be used regularly and if a bag is heavy then you are less likely to use it, I find with my franka bags I only use them on days when I have no need to carry anything else, as otherwise I feel too weighed down. I really must not watch the 9 clock show

Must resist the franka bargain hunter, having said that it has been in clearance at that price for weeks, love the navy one :mysmilie_50:

So glad it sold out!

Must resist the franka bargain hunter, having said that it has been in clearance at that price for weeks, love the navy one :mysmilie_50:

So glad it sold out!

i was sooo tempted to get the black cherry, but didn't - i'm quite proud of myself!

Lulu Guinness-ers! I need your help.
I love my Pollyanna, I really do, to look at it makes me so happy! but BOY does it start getting a bit heavy trundling round town with it on my shoulder after an hour or so. It pains me to say it. Are all LG bags this heavy? Or is it due to the perspex frame? I adore the bag but wonder if I'll stick with the bag over time.
Thinking of changing it for another, large paula maybe. Any recommendations of a similar size but less weight?

I love my Franka (black patent) and like you, I find it really heavy after a while, but I do not want to get rid of it and I absolutely love it. I also have the cross body Jamie in pink which is very light but hardly holds anything. I also now have (last couple of weeks) a purple patent large Annabelle with the chain straps and again, this is gorgeous but heavy.......as a sufferer of back problems, I really wish that QVC and other retailers tbh would put the weight of the bags on their sites.

I absolutely love that Eva bag, very much my style as I love classy retro clothing, feels a lot of money for the size of bag though. Ahhhh if only I had deeper pockets!

Latest posts

Back