Lulu Guinness TSV 16/08/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh I have bag envy. You all sound so happy with your bags. I think I will practice crook of the arm carrying instead of slung over my shoulder which is the only reason I am not tempted into a LG bag. I think it is because I am a shorty pants it doesn't feel comfortable but they do look lovely. As a matter of interest which LG style would comfortably go over a coat? It would have to be a decent size as I am a kitchen sink type of gal.

Anyway health to wear, enjoy every minute of it.

I was going to suggest the Franka, but I don't think it would be big enough for your Armitage Shanks ;-) ha ha! The only large shoulder bag that springs to mind is an old style - the Maddie. There is one on ebay at the moment, I'll see if I can find a pic to show you. I remember Claire Sutton having one (I think)

Or, the large Pollyanna. Next size up from the tsv.

Ets that they're are quite a few styles on the bay with longer straps and being a decent size. Some of her new range too I think are like this.

Last edited:
This is the Maddy.

150164.jpg

I have the Maddy in black and it is gorgeous (and huge). The only downsides are its weight, even when empty it's quite heavy and also it's very floppy, you can't put it down for it to stand on its own (iykwim). The patent leather of the Maddy is like glass. Mr Akimbo was in the doghouse a year or so ago because he folded it in half to put in a wardrobe and after a couple of weeks folded (before I spotted it) the patent was still perfect.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/large-handbags-are-causing-undue-strain-experts-warn/

Dont carry them in the crook of your arm as that is very bad for your skeleton.

That's funny Tiddly. I actually never carry a shoulder bag because I was told not to by an orthopaedic surgeon I worked for back in the 80s. He put the fear of god in me with his stories of back problems caused by shoulder bags. I've never carried or owned one since! So its handbags all the way for me. But I don't like them too big even though I do the crook of the arm think. It'll be cross body bags or nowt in a minute lol

tumblr_m9nf1yWcc21r0fysgo1_500.jpg
Lulu Guinness in a Stephen Jones hat at the NSPCC Surrealist Ball, 2011
Added 3 weeks ago from sisterwolf.tumblr.com

I think most things are made in China these days. Agreed the bags are very expensive and I'd prefer to buy home grown made,but that's not how business works these days.

I have one Lulu bag ,the small Eva and I love it. I know its small and not teally for work,but i use it a lot.I am tempted to get more, I love hearing which bags and colours you are all ordering and how delighted people are when they receive them.

I like Lulu Guiness,she knows her stuff and she was so funny with Ann Dawson try to get her to stop talking!

Well I have to say I've been using my bag for nearly a week now and it has brought me so much joy :happy:
It may sound silly, but every time I pick it up and walk out of the door I stand up a bit taller with a spring in my step! So many people have commented on it, it's a real joy talking about it with them!

One of my best purchases, worth every penny :nod: Not to mention how satisfying the sound is when you close the clasp... ahhhhhhh :heart:

Bar some of the smaller more niche designers (and I'm assuming Hermes) the majority of bags are made in China, even ones with made in Italy stamped in them. They allow a whole bag to be described as made in Italy even if it's just the zip or logo attached in Italy and everything else in China. Mulberry moved production back to England mainly for PR purposes but made bags in China, India, Turkey, Spain etc as well as England for years. I think people always worry about mass produced low quality when seeing made in China etc but not everything is made that way. The original tooled Mulberry Bayswater were made in India because their craftsmen have a tradition in that kind of leatherwork and are becoming collectors items.

I'm trying very hard not to buy anything made in China,but it is proving to be extremely difficult especially as Q do not list where products are manufactured.
Lynn :mysmilie_48:

I'm trying very hard not to buy anything made in China,but it is proving to be extremely difficult especially as Q do not list where products are manufactured.
Lynn :mysmilie_48:
Yes it`s difficult to find British items. Here`s a bag designer, everything is handmade here in the UK. It`s a small business but her bags are lovely ( my sis owns some) and she does commissions too.
http://www.janehopkinsonbags.co.uk/about-us

Yes it`s difficult to find British items. Here`s a bag designer, everything is handmade here in the UK. It`s a small business but her bags are lovely ( my sis owns some) and she does commissions too.
http://www.janehopkinsonbags.co.uk/about-us

Thankyou for that link have taken a look and the bags do seem lovely quality,it's nice to support a british business.
Lynn :mysmilie_7:

I've noticed that Lulu Guinness bags are not in House of Fraser these days from what I can see anyway ....lots of Michael Kors though ....which are prob made in China too ....very popular atm

Latest posts

Back