Lulu Guinness TSV 16/08/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well the navy one arrived and its perfect! i've wanted a navy LG for a long time and it certainly hasn't disappointed!

I know the feeling well, though not with LG. Sometimes money isn't part of it. (I'm looking forward to receiving an amazon daily deal Kipling bag flower print, exactly what I've wanted ever since I saw that pattern).

Red Pollyanna has turned up, 5 mins before I leave for work. She is stunning!! As luck would have it, I have a monochrome outfit on today, so the packaging has been hastily ripped off and she's coming with me!! Absolutely gorgeous! Glad everyone else is happy too!

Last edited:
So glad you like it MK; I have the red on waitlist so I'm busily listing stuff on fleabay to cover the cost of it in case it turns up next month!

I know I said yesterday how much I love it and I do but I can't get it to open and close easily.. Anyone else having this trouble? I look after my nails and I've broken one trying to open it.. I find it really stiff to open.. Anyone got a trick to opening it easily? I really want to keep it but if I can't open it easily and keep breaking my nails then I'll have to return it :(

The clasp on mine is a little stiff but (touch wood) no broken nails. I wonder whether it'll loosen with use. I'm afraid this is my first pollyanna so I can't reassure you that it will ease with use. Hopefully another bag lady will be along to advise.

At first I thought it was going to be difficult too, but I've been placing on shop counters and clicking shut all day! ! It probably helps that my nails are sorry though.

However, it's damaged. I noticed early on, after I had removed the packaging, delicately placed it on my passenger seat and drove it to work. There is a small patch of patent missing from the base of one handle, and a small scratch in the leather very close by. It's only small but you can see the white underneath it.

Dilemma, considering the red is on waitlist. I have three options: return it and probably never get another one; return it and get a refund; keep it. It's not the end of the world but I begrudge paying all that money for a bag that isn't perfect.

Argh! !

Just got home from work to my lovely new bag :mysmilie_8:
I felt like a child on Christmas morning unwrapping it! Utterly delighted, it's the most expensive bag I've ever bought by at least £200 and it's confirmed that there definitely is a difference between cheaper bags and more expensive bags, the quality is just divine. So happy! Treats like this are lovely and it reminds me that working so hard day in day out is definitely worth it :happy:

Just got home from work to my lovely new bag :mysmilie_8:
I felt like a child on Christmas morning unwrapping it! Utterly delighted, it's the most expensive bag I've ever bought by at least £200 and it's confirmed that there definitely is a difference between cheaper bags and more expensive bags, the quality is just divine. So happy! Treats like this are lovely and it reminds me that working so hard day in day out is definitely worth it :happy:

Aww how fab! What colour did you go for again Ellaaa?

I know I said yesterday how much I love it and I do but I can't get it to open and close easily.. Anyone else having this trouble? I look after my nails and I've broken one trying to open it.. I find it really stiff to open.. Anyone got a trick to opening it easily? I really want to keep it but if I can't open it easily and keep breaking my nails then I'll have to return it :(

I find that if I push the clasps outwards slightly left and right whilst pulling forward and backward to open the clasp that it makes it a lot easier. I hope that makes sense? Quite hard to describe. Basically, pull the clasps gently sideways as well as pushing them forwards/backwards.

Aww how fab! What colour did you go for again Ellaaa?

I went for stone :) it matches absolutely everything, plus I'm a big fan of monochrome dressing so I feel very 60's-like with it, hehe!

That's a shame to read yours is slightly damaged. Everyone is different but for me, with such an expensive bag, I would return it for a replacement in a different colour. I would be forever noticing the damage every time I looked at it and it would drive me mad/disappoint me. It depends how much the slight damage would irritate you I think.

I went to London over the weekend and was looking for the LG shop in Covent Garden and could not find it:mysmilie_10:Hubby thinks it is shut, he was offering to buy me a bag as it was our 25TH wedding Anniversary (he was made up as saved £££) and the one by Harrods was shut (tiny shop) I forgot about the TSV :mysmilie_13:

At first I thought it was going to be difficult too, but I've been placing on shop counters and clicking shut all day! ! It probably helps that my nails are sorry though.

However, it's damaged. I noticed early on, after I had removed the packaging, delicately placed it on my passenger seat and drove it to work. There is a small patch of patent missing from the base of one handle, and a small scratch in the leather very close by. It's only small but you can see the white underneath it.

Dilemma, considering the red is on waitlist. I have three options: return it and probably never get another one; return it and get a refund; keep it. It's not the end of the world but I begrudge paying all that money for a bag that isn't perfect.

Argh! !

I thought that with mine; if I send it back I want it in red but red is sold out so do I get another colour? I would get another colour, or wait maybe a week to see if it comes off of wait list to get the red again, only because it would bug me and as you said, I would begrudge paying that money for something that isn't perfect. Touch wood I can open and shut it now fairly ok (after begrudgingly filing down my nails) but am going to give it a week and if it poses a problem, I'll return and get the stone if red is still not in stock. Thanks for your help Ella and Akimbo, so far so good! Maybe I just needed to let it get loose with use as Akimbo said. We'll see, as I LOVE it :)

Last edited:
Mine, in black, arrived today and it is stunning. As I stated in a previous post this is not my usual style but it is far better than expected so I am so pleased that I ordered it.

I could not get it open at first until I got the technique of a slight angle to open the clasp and now it is a doddle.

MinxyKitten and Katie - interestingly I just went on the item on the Q website as I was curious to see if any reviews had gone up yet and then saw something worth mentioning. It turns out you can now buy the indigo again, yet it was on waitlist after it sold out. It's definitely too soon for returns to have made it back to QVC, so they must have some more stock come in of the indigo. Therefore, if that's happened to the indigo it may happen with the red too? So if you hang on you may be able to exchange for another red one.

I went to London over the weekend and was looking for the LG shop in Covent Garden and could not find it:mysmilie_10:Hubby thinks it is shut, he was offering to buy me a bag as it was our 25TH wedding Anniversary (he was made up as saved £££) and the one by Harrods was shut (tiny shop) I forgot about the TSV :mysmilie_13:

I was intrigued by your post as I saw the LG shop in Covent Garden (Floral St) when I was London last year, so wondered what had happened to it, then I read that it was only a "pop up" shop and was only open between November13 and February 14 so it must have gone, shame really, perhaps it was did not do very well, or they just had it open for Xmas ,

Thanks for replying LBA OH goggled stores with his GPS and off we went but no shop, i think i will tweet her as a bit of a wild goose chase.

Hmm...I am still thinking about it. It's not noticeable to the innocent bystander, but I pointed it out to a colleague who said "that's minor", until I told her the price! I don't think it would bug me as luckily it's in a place where I wouldn't really see it during use. However, it's the fact of paying £300+ for a faulty product that would bug me!

I will ponder some more. If it has to go back I think I will consider the stone. As much as I love black and know I would use a black one every day, I have a few black LG so it's silly really. I think I could get a lot of wear out of the stone, as I mainly wear black/white/grey to work. Sounds awfully dismal doesn't it?! Lol. It's not!

Oh I have bag envy. You all sound so happy with your bags. I think I will practice crook of the arm carrying instead of slung over my shoulder which is the only reason I am not tempted into a LG bag. I think it is because I am a shorty pants it doesn't feel comfortable but they do look lovely. As a matter of interest which LG style would comfortably go over a coat? It would have to be a decent size as I am a kitchen sink type of gal.

Anyway health to wear, enjoy every minute of it.

Latest posts

Back