Lulu Time Bomb TSV 19/7/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i am going on a ba flight and dreading it. i usually fly with virgin but they were not doing the package i wanted. in the past the surly ba staff who think they are better than the paying customer make you feel like you are trespassing on thier plane in contrast the virgin staff are fun. we even met up with some of them on holiday.

I think it might be the way you treat them. If all BA staff are as surly as you say would they still be in a job? Would BE be such a successful company? .
Why are BA staff any different from any other airline? I know for a fact that many crew use other airlines as a stepping stone to join BA

I like BA and KLM. I don't like Air Baltic or Monarch Airlines, or Malaysian Airlines for that matter.

I think it might be the way you treat them. If all BA staff are as surly as you say would they still be in a job? Would BE be such a successful company? .
Why are BA staff any different from any other airline? I know for a fact that many crew use other airlines as a stepping stone to join BA

i dont treat the staff badly thats not me at all. no reason at all. long haul i just try to relax/sleep. but i do think that some cabin crew staff think because they work for the leading airline they are doing customers a favour just turning up for work. my favourite flights have been with charter airlines. never had an issue with virgin either very good.

I fly Virgin Atlantic or Scandinavian most of the time. I don't like BA, nothing to do with air crew, they have always been lovely but I had a bad experience with a BA flight once. I think calling air crew skivvies in the sky is unkind, I am a nurse and definitely a professional skivvy but I don't like to be called names!

Inge

I have never found BA to be any better or worse than any other airline I've travelled with. None of the stewards have been particularly endearing but none have been rude either. It must be difficult on shorter flights to fit everything in so they do have a brusque manner sometimes

I like BA and KLM. I don't like Air Baltic or Monarch Airlines, or Malaysian Airlines for that matter.

Monarch were brilliant last time we went with them...really attentive polite and everything ....I was very impressed wit them for once ....but BA Were very well ...distant, guarded , uptight ...both ways from London to florida ....maybe its just the luck of the draw of something ......:sun::wonder:

Boffy don't fret ...I'm sure you will be fine ...I'm beginning to think it is pot luck and you might just be ok :mysmilie_59:

I fly Virgin Atlantic or Scandinavian most of the time. I don't like BA, nothing to do with air crew, they have always been lovely but I had a bad experience with a BA flight once. I think calling air crew skivvies in the sky is unkind, I am a nurse and definitely a professional skivvy but I don't like to be called names!

Inge

I wasn't calling anybody names I was quoting a scene from The Royle Family...Caroline Ahernes character says this when they are talking about her wanting to be an air hostess....she actually says with her bad attitude ..." No way, they are only skivvies but in the sky" ..her character is lazy anyways and any job she would diss ....no offence meant ....I think they do a brilliant job but if a bad attitude of a staff member is given then .....sometimes some people ....not all ....need bringing "down to earth " a bit .....

I am not calling anybody names .....as another character said ...in the same programme " oh touched a nerve" ....( just my sense of humour ...the written word can be very misunderstood ......) i sincerely appologise ...i really do and I would. to say that if I didn't mean it :mysmilie_59:

I honestly don't understand why people would take offence.

To me, a 'skivvy' is someone who has a hard job but only gets paid a pittance for doing it. It's not exactly insulting to my mind, but maybe it's a regional thing that means different things depending where you are in the country.

In London, a marrow in a vegetable, but up here in (at the moment) sunny Cumbria, a marrow is another way of saying 'mate'. e.g. - How are you marrow?

I honestly don't understand why people would take offence.

To me, a 'skivvy' is someone who has a hard job but only gets paid a pittance for doing it. It's not exactly insulting to my mind, but maybe it's a regional thing that means different things depending where you are in the country.

In London, a marrow in a vegetable, but up here in (at the moment) sunny Cumbria, a marrow is another way of saying 'mate'. e.g. - How are you marrow?

Here in a boiling hot and humid Cumbria, 'marra' is a pal, but many cumbrian accents pronounce the veg marrow as marra. Gets very involved!

I had to go back three pages, to remind myself what the thread was about, as all I was reading about was airlines! Of course, according to Lulu, the eye cream is an ideal prescription for the eyes whilst flying. All ties in; the thigh bone and the knee bone etc.

If all BA staff are as surly as you say would they still be in a job? Would BE be such a successful company? .

That doesn't explain the success of Ryan Air who treat their customers appallingly

BA staff consider themselves to be the top notchers of the industry because of the BA history, having travelled extensively all of my life, thankfully no more as I can no longer stand the hectic time we all seem to have at airports these days, and the long journey I have to get a flight to anywhere outside of the UK I just can't be bothered any more.

I will say, however, much to their credit although some would think BA staff male and female are, to coin a much used phrase 'right up themselves' to which I'd partially agree, I still find them the most professional in the industry. My favourite airline to travel with is Emirites, I have no hesitation in saying so.

Latest posts

Back