Lulu's Time Bomb TSV 16/12/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lulu has known Jools Holland for years, I have never believed Time Bomb was what she exclusively used, but I think looks are everything in that game. But, I think too what we all must keep in mind is that celebrities don’t lead the lives mist of us do. They don’t have tge day to day worries we have tyerefore I think their skin doesn’t have to work as hard plus tgey have the money to ease things. Carol Vorderman and a few others have had their cheeks puffed up so obvious and to me very ugly.

Cant recall her ever singing Boom bang a bang as often as Shout. Sorry, but I didn't rate her back in the day (we're the same age) and I certainly don't now. I was always a Dusty fan - far far better voice and with great songs.
So agree with you Brissles, I am also 73 and without help, my skin is pretty darned good, but I inherited good skin from my mother. Dusty was an icon back then and thereafter, in my opinion better than Lulu, Sandi Shaw and without doubt Cilla Black who I never liked. Also we cannot possinly forget Alma Cogan. I get a smile on my face when I associate memories of my late mother and I, getting our cup of tea and buscuits sitting ready to watch Alma bcause we were so fascinated by her beautiful full dresses. We just loved watching her. I can’t believe she died as far back as 1966, a terri le loss.

Attachments

• 7B883668-5AC3-47E9-87D2-4D6B06EEEFDC.jpeg
    7B883668-5AC3-47E9-87D2-4D6B06EEEFDC.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 60
She also did “Relight my fire” with Take That and “To sir with love” so she’s done at least three songs in her lengthy career 😉 (although there are others.)
I stand corrected! Do remember the song with Take That but suppose I didn’t think of of that as “hers”..!

She was also married to Maurice Gibb first.
Think I knew that long time ago! My brother would be more interested in that fact!

So agree with you Brissles, I am also 73 and without help, my skin is pretty darned good, but I inherited good skin from my mother. Dusty was an icon back then and thereafter, in my opinion better than Lulu, Sandi Shaw and without doubt Cilla Black who I never liked. Also we cannot possinly forget Alma Cogan. I get a smile on my face when I associate memories of my late mother and I, getting our cup of tea and buscuits sitting ready to watch Alma bcause we were so fascinated by her beautiful full dresses. We just loved watching her. I can’t believe she died as far back as 1966, a terri le loss.
Know all the names you mention except never heard of Alma Cogan.

Thanks for sharing the photo - what a dress!

Think I knew that long time ago! My brother would be more interested in that fact!
and their off spring attended Eton

Know all the names you mention except never heard of Alma Cogan.

Thanks for sharing the photo - what a dress!
if you look her up on the net, she was lovely and you see her dresses, these were the days when women, myself included looked feminine.

I simply don’t understand why they persist in calling it Lulu’s Time Bomb, when we established ages ago she has nothing to do with the brand, except for having been married to John Frieda. She is the brand ambassador on Q, that seems to be it. I mean, we don’t call it Rosa’s Yankee Candles or Jemma’s Molton Brown do we?

I simply don’t understand why they persist in calling it Lulu’s Time Bomb, when we established ages ago she has nothing to do with the brand, except for having been married to John Frieda. She is the brand ambassador on Q, that seems to be it. I mean, we don’t call it Rosa’s Yankee Candles or Jemma’s Molton Brown do we?
I thought she went into the lab and formulated the products whilst belting out ' You make me want to shout' and I feel allllllllright when you spend your cashhhhhhhh'

Latest posts

Back