Michele Hope….

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think I had a couple of jackets and a top or two from SG. Unfortunately I put on weight so they had to go to a charity shop. Handy for work as we were expected to wear a suit so smart black trousers and her jacket made a bit of a change whilst still staying in the expected look.

What was the brand - think it started with a B - who did colourful dressy tops which back then you could wear to a less formal do but which would be OTT now unless at the Captain’s table
Was it Berek?

I know that it was announced that MH was retiring from the clothing business, but I wonder whether Gok's Wuli Luu stuff will still be made and sold elsewhere. Gok's obviously got a irons in a lot of fires, but I wonder whether he's gonna give up his own brand of clothing altogether. It would be no tragedy if he did, but I would be interested to know who parted with who and why it happened.

The problem with Q and well known designers, and I include Julienne M & Gok, people buy their range to begin with, because they think they’re getting ‘proper‘ designer clothes. After a while, they realise it’s just the old regular QVC,,overpriced , made in China stuff. Then I imagine sales begin to dwindle.

I think Amazon have a lot to answer for … and covid in general … production of items slowed right down around the world it seems .. that and she might just have had enough of doing it all … 24 years is a long time…

Latest posts

Back