Michele Hope Fashion?????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
I've been sent an email from michele hope (I doubt her personally) showing her new 'collection', The New Dewbury Collection. I'm not sure why but I clicked on the link, just for curiosity, and it's just her usual scratchy, nylon, lacey cr*p I wouldn't be seen dead in. :puke: :puke: :puke: Who buys this stuff??

I don't really know how they dare call it fashion! Yet it must sell or she wouldn't be invited back numerous times a year..:eek:

Who buys it? Not me thats for sure. If I went down my local in one of her frothy pink concoctions, I would get some strange looks. Michelle herself, seems to be in a time warp, with the hair, clothes and extra long talons. I have also seen her get very snotty with a presenter or two over the years, a bit touchy me thinks. Can't speak from experience, but some of the stuff looks as scratchy as hell.

When Michelle was first at QVC(1997/8?) she sold a lot of knitwear and some of it was pretty and good quality - i particulary remember an early TSV which was a cardigan and it came in nice bright colours. Her current "lacy" collections are not for me - similar in style/shape to Kim & co imo.

When Michelle was first at QVC(1997/8?) she sold a lot of knitwear and some of it was pretty and good quality - i particulary remember an early TSV which was a cardigan and it came in nice bright colours. Her current "lacy" collections are not for me - similar in style/shape to Kim & co imo.

I bought a black fine knitted top with bugle beads across the shoulders years ago for a do I was going to. It was really lovely quality and everyone commented on it. Her 'designing' has gone downhill big time. It's all the same, either floral lacey swirly skirts with lots of fabric in the bottom or the vile coloured nylon type ones, again with inserts of fabric, which show every bit of cellulite you have. As someone said above she's very old fashioned herself, stuck in the 1980s with her big hair and long talons, so I suppose you can't expect anything up-to-date from her.

Everything new she brings goes limited stock very quickly, so there must actually be people walking around in twin sets and scratchy skirts. She's on Le Q next Tuesday and Wednesday so it'll be good for a laugh.

I did hear a while ago that she designs and produces for M & S !!!!! well, it has to be said, there is a lot of the Per Una label that has a "Michelle Hope" look about it - very lacy and flouncy, so it could be true !

I can't believe her stuff sells! I've watched in horror as the models waltz around in these God awful outfits. And I hate the whole feel of its for 'ladies of an age'.

Eh no! I hate the thought of reaching 'an age' when I decide that her clothes are for me. I like to think that as I get older my sense of style will remain with a few tweaks here and there for comfort. I know full well that my wearing skinny jeans and 4 inch heels in my 70's wont really work and I'll probably see the benefit to the elasticated waist band (oh hell! I already do!).

But come on QVC, get a clue! stock brands that woman like to wear and stop all this american rubbish that I'm sure most self-respecting american ladies wouldn't be seen dead in!

PS apols for those who like her stuff, just cannae see it myself!

I can't believe her stuff sells! I've watched in horror as the models waltz around in these God awful outfits. And I hate the whole feel of its for 'ladies of an age'.

Eh no! I hate the thought of reaching 'an age' when I decide that her clothes are for me. I like to think that as I get older my sense of style will remain with a few tweaks here and there for comfort. I know full well that my wearing skinny jeans and 4 inch heels in my 70's wont really work and I'll probably see the benefit to the elasticated waist band (oh hell! I already do!).

But come on QVC, get a clue! stock brands that woman like to wear and stop all this american rubbish that I'm sure most self-respecting american ladies wouldn't be seen dead in!

PS apols for those who like her stuff, just cannae see it myself!

I totally agree ! its been said before that the U.S designers foist on us British women their awful American designs - BUT EVERYONE knows that America has always been centuries behind us in the fashion stakes.

I would say that MH in fact IS BRITISH, and operates out of premises in the Elstree area of Hertfordshire.

Latest posts

Back