Midnight TSV show - 6 hours?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MrsE

Registered Shopper
I used to record the midnight TSV beauty show & watch in the morning, then I noticed it had changed to 6 hours, so I record the 7am show & play it as I get ready for work.

Is the midnight show really 6 hours about one range though? I don't record it & I certainly don't stay up to watch, but I just can't imagine 6 hours about the TSV & their brand?

No - QVC's live broadcast ends at 1am now. They then begin repeating the TSV launch in whole or in part throughout the night, along with some other recorded content. It's becoming more repetitive.

But if you were to click record on the sky planner presumably it would record all 6 hours!

Thanks

I often record the TSV at midnight to watch in the morning and for a while now it records 6 hours. I wonder whose fault this is - Sky/Virgin or QVC? If the latter it could be deliberate in order to make us watch more. I just watch the first hour then delete, but recording the 7am repeat is a great idea.

I often record the TSV at midnight to watch in the morning and for a while now it records 6 hours. I wonder whose fault this is - Sky/Virgin or QVC? If the latter it could be deliberate in order to make us watch more. I just watch the first hour then delete, but recording the 7am repeat is a great idea.

I don't know whether it was on an earlier post on this forum or another 'telly forum' I post in, but someone stated that the reason they do this is because they have reduced the numbers in the contact centre (hence the phones always 'seemingly busy'), thus to counter-act this they then put on the same show over and over (though extra has different shows for at least 3/4 hours during the night (I am a little bit of insomniac), I suppose I can understand there reasoning's, I mean after all they will in the main not be that many people 'up and about' but yet they still want to be 24/7. In America however it truly is 24 hours and they are live all the way through. Imagine flogging your goods at 3am!

I don't know whether it was on an earlier post on this forum or another 'telly forum' I post in, but someone stated that the reason they do this is because they have reduced the numbers in the contact centre (hence the phones always 'seemingly busy'), thus to counter-act this they then put on the same show over and over (though extra has different shows for at least 3/4 hours during the night (I am a little bit of insomniac), I suppose I can understand there reasoning's, I mean after all they will in the main not be that many people 'up and about' but yet they still want to be 24/7. In America however it truly is 24 hours and they are live all the way through. Imagine flogging your goods at 3am!
In this country at 3am they would be flogging a dead horse........Sorry, I don't mean to give Q ideas, no horses please.

They seem to have changed their whole structure with the TSV's, as you used to get more hours devoted to that brand throughout the day. I remember when there was a craft TSV you'd get 6 or 7 hours of craft shows that day. What with that, only broadcasting live until 1am now, and the fact that you can often buy items for close to the TSV price after the event, the TSV's are becoming less and less special. They seem to go for lower amounts of stock and fewer shows so that they can have loads of OTO's.

I know with Kim Mendalson's (sp) (the jumpsuit), sold out by the early morning, now surely if she has been on QVC UK then they could have a better estimation of how many are going to be sold, I mean when it did sell out it wasn't as if they were that surprised, so I am tipping that in exchanged for 'reduced fees' they put less of the TSV item's in and then Q can highlight other brands by doing OTO's for the rest of the day. I am not sure I actually approve of this as shouldn't a TSV last for at least most of the day, as someone may only watch QVC in the late afternoon or early evening and they therefore would miss out. One other thing that I also find unfair, is the fact that they QVC may still have some of the TSV's but because the show is not going to be shown that day then they will also do OTO's but stating that they can buy the TSV online, or they may have the Brand Show of the TSV but because they don't actually do a presentation of the TSV then the brand can then have a OTO, should they then not just re-brand the TSV and just call it a 'special offer when we can be bothered to show it for as long as we can be bothered to show it' or is that too long a title :)

Sorry second rant of the day over!

Latest posts

Back