Mike Mason - Outrageous Claim

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fair play to james

without doubt somebody has had a word probably to them all (except hodgson)

at least he has taken it onboard

Let's hope this is a fresh start... but you do have to wonder who led them up the garden path in the first place to misleading folk.

This sounds promising. Just a bit of transparency and a level playing for the buyers is all I am asking. :clapping:

My goodness, James Russell was also just selling the Microfleece for £1 and he actually said quote 'even with the postage it's less than a tenner'. Well done James, try and keep the honest pitches up. And it works too, 412 sold.

Mike and Sally take note. Particularly Sally, despite you saying this afternoon it was definitely the last chance to see the Yarvik before christmas it's on sale again in a bit!

Well it is the time of goodwill I guess, let's hope that this p&p aknowlegement isn't a flash in the pan.

Oh dear, we spoke too soon as Mikey M is still in the realms Bid prime BS! He's selling a mystic topaz, (cheap clear topaz, base of which is coated & that starts to wear off after a few hand washes), ring like it was the crown jewells! Going on something about over 5 carats of "such a rare gemstone" PMSL! To make it worse he's got dopey with him insulting our intelligence! He's going to "tease us with jewellery like we wouldn't believe" apparently. Sounds unmissable, I'm off to bed x.

Oh Jeez, Mikey seems to be morphing into the selling style of Peter Simon. We've had random names shouted out in the recent mystic topaz ring "sale" plus the odd bibical & ancient leader references.
He's selling small zirconia earrings, at over £77..."What??!! The price is going down, you're avin a larf"! Of course the price is going down you plum & there's no such thing as a tulculsky diamond! PMSL!
Update-He can't be morphing into Peter Simon as he's saying that for eyes you need a proper eye cream, only cos he's selling the stuff no doubt, (not the elizabeth grant body cream then as PS told everyone to do).

Last edited:
I cannot stand the man. He really does try so hard to sound eloquent in all his descriptions of any product he sells. The bloke is nothing more than a mockney wide boy, not loveable nor cheeky just impossibly annoying. Its come to the point where I switch over to another channel as soon as I hear his gob. Arrrrrr.

Last edited:
Lightening Ridge "triple protected opal" being sold on tv. According to their website, however they're "TRIPLET" opals, a fraction of the price of a solid stone! I'm going to ask the ASA to investigate these last sales!

4-9D5337C8-1480565-800.jpg4-AD255ADD-1003234-800.jpg
So advertised on www.bid.tv as "TRIPLET", yet miraculously appear on TV in teh description box as "TRIPLE PROTECTED" HUH???

4-86164E81-1455761-800.jpg
Oh & one more for good measure! THE EXACT SAME RING on www.bid.tv sold as an "A grade opal triplet" Absolute joke! Well at least I didn't have to record anything to log my complaint, Bid lied blatantly and in a big way in relation to associated value in their written description box!

It's disgusting! It's like trying to play a game of "whack the meerkat", you report one shonky practice, and up pops another one and another one! I have noticed that they're using the term "overlay" now, what's wrong with the word "plate"? Obviously it's beacause plate is a known sign of poor quality! More often than not now, they don't even bother to mention what metal the item of jewellery is actually made of, they think we'll be blown away by the fabulous AAAAAAA grade Tanzanite, ffs sake if the stone was that precious, then it wouldn't be set in anything less than 9ct gold!
As for the Triple protected business, they really need hauling over the coals for that one, not only is it a false representation of the product, it's actually making it sound SUPERIOR to the real thing!

I accept the buyer has some responsibility to research a product prior to making a purchase. However, the seller has a far bigger responsibility to provide an honest and indeed relevant description of the goods on sale. As me and other Telly Shoppers have posted many times i'm afraid in the case of these 'Opals' they are simply not doing that.

I am having an issue with an ebay seller right now, I bought a 'brand new and unused' Sky remote control, it was only a tenner and it works absolutely fine but it is covered in scratches, in fact old looking scratches. Why cant some people just be honest?

Mike Mason's performance last night was mostly miserable, rarely have I ever seen such a hard sell. In his defence I did hear him say 'Triplet' on a few occasions but the on screen banner clearly said Triple Protected so what on earth is a buyer to think?

And I don't buy that crap about they are paying extra for xmas delivery either. Every item on sale that I saw was small items of jewellery, I suspect £7.99 would be more than enough for even next day delivery.

Cynical to the end, I truly hope 2013 brings an end to this terrible outfit.

Last edited:
watched mike the liar last night and was shocked they have sunk to new levels with these so called" lightening ridge opals" they gave no carrot weights for them he kept saying there massive!!!!! and what were the stones on the shank of the ring he never mentioned them ive been buying jewelry for years and have some opals from lightening ridge and cooper peedy and they look nothing like that junk from last night and never heard of" triple protected opal" and were has the A rating come from i found it sickening to watch they need reporting and fast !!!!

watched mike the liar last night and was shocked they have sunk to new levels with these so called" lightening ridge opals" they gave no carrot weights for them he kept saying there massive!!!!! and what were the stones on the shank of the ring he never mentioned them ive been buying jewelry for years and have some opals from lightening ridge and cooper peedy and they look nothing like that junk from last night and never heard of" triple protected opal" and were has the A rating come from i found it sickening to watch they need reporting and fast !!!!

They can't possibly give a carat weight as well over 90% (and that is being modest) of the 'stone' is the black backing material and quartz. It's hard to give a paper thin slice of Opal a carat weight!

But when Mason and Russell tell us all about Black Opals one could easily think what you're getting is valuable, 'the ninth most valuable gemstone in the world' is a favoured line and indeed Black Opals are valuable, Opal Stones that is.

It's beyond disingenuous.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back