Molton Brown TSV 3/12/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anyone else get the email from MB about winning £1000 worth of their products? When you clicked to entered you went to a different site Sheer something which sells MB and other brands

Anyone else get the email from MB about winning £1000 worth of their products? When you clicked to entered you went to a different site Sheer something which sells MB and other brands
Yes, I got that yesterday, Donna. When you look at what the prize includes, you think no way is it worth £1000, then you remember how over-priced MB is at RRP and realise how quickly it adds up.

Sheer Luxe seem to be just harvesting mailing addresses (they make money with “advertising, both display and advertorial content, just like a print magazine”). I am sure I was signed up for their emails once and unsubscribed because it got on my nerves. Molton Brown are facilitating that - they have really upped their email marketing themselves in recent months and lately I’m receiving more than one a day. There are never any amazing deals in them, just free P&P or 20-25% off, which is not enough for tight old me.

SheerLuxe first launched in 2007 as a directory of online retailers. Today, SheerLuxe is one of the UK’s leading online fashion and lifestyle publishers. Think of us as a cooler, in-the-know friend, updating readers with news, views, edits and opinions on all things relevant and desirable for the modern woman, from fashion and beauty to careers and travel.SheerLuxe first launched in 2007 as a directory of online retailers. Today, SheerLuxe is one of the UK's leading online fashion and lifestyle publishers.

nope i dont seem to get emails from MB anymore strangly
Actually I’ve just realised I don’t get them anymore either. They used to come several times a week but not had any for a little while. I didn’t unsubscribe and I did an order directly recently so that’s odd. Maybe they have put their emailing out to this company and our addresses fell off the file transfer!😂 I hope that doesn’t mean I miss the sales details.

Their website has changed recently so maybe that’s when they stopped. I’ve just been on and completed the Join Our Guest List box and it didn’t say already registered so I’ll see what happens.

Remember when Molten Brown used to be more than just shower gel and hand wash.
How boring.

My order arrived Sunday afternoon. Very speedy deliver Labdanum Dusk Bath & Shower Gel is great.

Neon Amber Bath & Shower Gel 300ml is not so great.

Handwashes are meh. Lidl's handwash dupes are just as good.

So it's a return.
Ooh I luuurve the neon amber, it’s gorgeous. 😮

Second of my two MB TSVs arrived just now and I’m happy with them both. Ginerlily and pink pepper are my least faves so they’ll go in the emergency present box. The rest are for me. 😁

Well, the SheerLuxe emails are coming through thick and fast. I’ll be unsubscribing as soon as the competition closes (unless I win, of course, in which case I’ll be thinking they are the best thing ever and recommending them at every opportunity).

Today’s SheerLuxe email has this gem:

796B1FCE-01FA-41F7-BA64-0AAF5083EC83.jpeg

Wait till QVC find out - they love a “trend” so will be getting Ruth, MarlaWynne and Kim to design something of the sort for all their loyal 60- and 70-something “fashion” addicts.

You might need to re-join their mailing list SCW. I joined recently and I get at least one email a day from MB.

CC
Yeah, me too CC. It used to be roughly one a week I'd guess, but in the last couple of months I've been getting inundated with emails from them but as they're quite an expensive brand, I'd guess that their sales are down at the moment so they're doing what they can to try and increase them.

I was still not getting anything so this evening I reregistered and have now had four welcome emails! So hopefully I continue to get messages if only to tell me when the sale starts, 😄.

I buy from the stores, we have two in Belfast. I usually buy in their sales and get gifts for two friends, the mini sets. Get asked my name and email address, and they look me up at the till, and off I go. The sales are usually just after Xmas and in July I have bought for myself as well, got full size lotion for £15 and 100ml shower/bath gels for £5 each.

They did lovely makeup back in the day, I used to buy that too. I loved the Sea Moss bath salts, but as per usual with MB they just discontinue without warning.

Latest posts

Back