Molton Brown TSV 3/12/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ok, now I’m looking up Dr Bronner! FGS, who started this? Lynn?! I’d never heard of Dr ****** Bronner and suddenly I want to fill my house with his/her soap!
I know!!! Exactly this!!! I had to stop myself and ask, why do you want to buy this when you have a bag full of MB upstairs and residual Loccy you bought for the kitchen and haven’t started from the 2020 pandemic handwash crisis. I’ve still got two of the large Rosemary ones! I did rather fancy that peppermint one though, 😂. Sadly for me Holland and Barrett is one of the few decent shops we still have in our High Street….. I’ve tracked down Sukin there as well…..

Me too Andi. I've had the eucalyptus version in and out of my basket on Amazon all morning.
That sounds nice. Now I’ve looked there, I see there are loads of options. It’s a whole new world to me. Is it basically all the same multipurpose product with different fragrances? Or are there different purposes in some cases, different “strengths” or main ingredients?

That sounds nice. Now I’ve looked there, I see there are loads of options. It’s a whole new world to me. Is it basically all the same multipurpose product with different fragrances? Or are there different purposes in some cases, different “strengths” or main ingredients?
I’ve genuinely got no idea. I assumed it was just a body wash but then I got confused with all the mentions of 18 uses so I’ve not got a clue what it actually does? It’s still sitting in my basket though 😂

I’ve genuinely got no idea. I assumed it was just a body wash but then I got confused with all the mentions of 18 uses so I’ve not got a clue what it actually does? It’s still sitting in my basket though 😂
Yeah, there does seem to be a type called “18-in-1”. On one site, a review mentioned that they probably wouldn’t use it as a body wash, even though it’s one of the suggested uses, as it would be too harsh. I don’t know if that’s just a feeling they have or if they’ve actually found it “harsh”.

I’ve managed to talk myself out of a purchase for the moment but it is still on my Amazon WishList “just in case”!

I`ve had Dr Bronner and its supposed to be an all in one item for people who don`t want to carry lots of different stuff on holiday or those people who go camping in the wilds etc and need something which they can wash their hair, body, their laundry, the dishes, the dog and so on and so on. I must admit I only bought it the once and wouldn`t buy it again, it was literally like a cheap liquid soap crossed with a washing up liquid.

Well if anybody wants to wash their face in the same stuff they can use to clean their toilet, wash their dog or kill ants or aphids with, then feel free. Here are just some of the uses Dr Bronner advises their liquid soap can be used for. Now you know why I never bought it again but admit it might be handy for backpackers with one backpack and little else !

What are the “18-in-1” uses? Where can I find recipes and dilutions for your soaps?
You can use Dr. Bronner’s soaps for washing your face, body, hands and hair, for bathing, shaving, brushing your teeth, rinsing fruit, aromatherapy, washing dishes by hand, doing laundry, mopping floors, all-purpose cleaning, washing windows, scrubbing toilets, washing dogs, controlling dust mites, and killing ants and aphids. Now, that’s eighteen uses right there, but customers have told us over time about many more uses they have found for our soaps. Let us know what else you use our soaps for!

Well if anybody wants to wash their face in the same stuff they can use to clean their toilet, wash their dog or kill ants or aphids with, then feel free. Here are just some of the uses Dr Bronner advises their liquid soap can be used for. Now you know why I never bought it again but admit it might be handy for backpackers with one backpack and little else !

What are the “18-in-1” uses? Where can I find recipes and dilutions for your soaps?
You can use Dr. Bronner’s soaps for washing your face, body, hands and hair, for bathing, shaving, brushing your teeth, rinsing fruit, aromatherapy, washing dishes by hand, doing laundry, mopping floors, all-purpose cleaning, washing windows, scrubbing toilets, washing dogs, controlling dust mites, and killing ants and aphids. Now, that’s eighteen uses right there, but customers have told us over time about many more uses they have found for our soaps. Let us know what else you use our soaps for!
****** hell! Maybe I should just give the Dr Bronner a miss and use my Flash liquid floor cleaner to clean my teeth and remove my mascara?

I don’t think I want to clean my teeth or wash my face with something which kills ants! 😧

Molton Brown 4 Piece Luxurious Body & Hand Collection
Item Number: 246253
QVC Price £65.00
Todays Special Value Price £42.96
P&P £3.95

Stock your bathroom with the inimitable luxury of four incredible Molton Brown fragrances. Perfect for gifting or for exploring the Molton Brown range, this Body and Hand collection features two bottles of Fine Liquid Hand Wash and two bottles of Bath & Shower Gel, each in four evocative aromas. Both options contain a new fragrance of Bath & Shower Gel (Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold in the Warm option and Labdanum Dusk in the Aromatic option) alongside three more much-loved scents for a giftable collection that you won't want to part with!

*A great saving: If you were to buy two 300ml Bath & Shower gels and two Hand Washes directly from Molton Brown you'd pay £100. So, to get your option choice for our Today's Special Value price of just £42.96 plus P&P, you're saving £53.09.

Five-star luxury - found in the world's finest hotels and high-end department stores, Molton Brown is synonymous with luxury living. You too can create a boutique feeling at home in your bathroom with their range of beautifully fragranced products.

Special stocking stuffers - with four invigorating fragrances in both the Warm and Aromatic options, you can share the Molton Brown love with your nearest and dearest this festive season and ensure that everyone receives a sophisticated scent that they will love.

Elevate your daily routine - made in England from the finest ingredients, the Bath & Shower Gels from Molton Brown are well-loved for their rich, versatile formulas and can be used in your daily shower as a luxurious, cleansing wash or in your bath for an indulgent, pampering experience.

Choose your aromas - let's face it, when it comes to fragrance, Molton Brown never miss, and with four fragrances in each option, you're sure to find fragrances that you and your loved ones will adore. Will you choose the Warm collection of new Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold and Heavenly Gingerlily Bath & Shower Gels, and Fiery Pink Pepper and Flora Luminare Fine Liquid Hand Washes, or are you tempted by the Aromatic selection of new Labdanum Dusk and Neon Amber Bath & Shower Gels with Pettigree Dew and Blue Maquis Fine Liquid Hand Washes? Can't decide? Well, you could always get both!

Fragrance notes:

Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold:

• Top notes: cinnamon leaf, nutmeg and bergamot
  • Heart notes: elemi, myrrh and black tea
  • Base notes: oudh, vetiver and honey

Heavenly Gingerlily:

• Top notes: cardamom, ginger and clove
  • Heart notes: tuberose, lily and tagetes
  • Base notes: cedarwood, sandalwood and musk

Fiery Pink Pepper:

• Top notes: pink pepper, tangerine and elemi
  • Heart notes: nutmeg, ginger and jasmine
  • Base notes: patchouli, cedarwood and oakmoss

Flora Luminare:

• Top notes: orange blossom, mandarin and ylang-ylang
  • Heart notes: Polynesian frangipani, jasmine absolute and rose absolute
  • Base notes: vanilla, cedarwood and musk

Labdanum Dusk:

• Top notes: cedar leaves and saffron
  • Heart notes: cypriol, cedarwood and patchouli
  • Base notes: labdanum, oudh and tonka bean

Neon Amber:

• Top notes: mandarin oil, pink peppercorn and violet leaf
  • Heart notes: tonka absolute and cedar leaf oil
  • Base notes: ambroxan, cistus absolute and cedarwood oil

Pettigree Dew:

• Top notes: petitgrain, lemon and lentisque
  • Heart notes: peach, lily of the valley and jasmine
  • Base notes: musk, ambergris and cedarwood

Blue Maquis:

• Top notes: lavender, ginger and cypress
  • Heart notes: rosemary, jasmine and thyme
  • Base notes: labdanum, musk, sandalwood and vanilla

Warm option contains:

• 1 x Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold Bath & Shower Gel (300ml)
  • 1 x Heavenly Gingerlily Bath & Shower Gel (300ml)
  • 1 x Fiery Pink Pepper Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml)
  • 1 x Flora Luminare Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml)
OR

Aromatic option contains:

• 1 x Labdanum Dusk Bath & Shower Gel (300ml)
  • 1 x Neon Amber Bath & Shower Gel (300ml)
  • 1 x Pettigree Dew Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml)
  • 1 x Blue Maquis Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml)

I almost convinced myself to go for this after all I said, mainly because it’s a very good price (£11.73 a bottle). This is typical of me. I even watched some of the presentation to help me decide - Gemma dressed rather nicely for a change, I thought (forgive me if you’re a fan). But I dislike one bottle in each set and am ambivalent about a couple of others so to a normal person, it’s a no-brainer to give it a miss. Who knew I could behave like a normal person? I could also hear in the distance some of you on here berating me if I’d bought. So thanks for that!

They have quoted If you were to buy two 300ml Bath & Shower gels and two Hand Washes directly from Molton Brown you'd pay £94.
This was showing as £100 before.
If you were to buy exactly the products in the TSV it actually comes to £96.

Warm option contains:
1 x NEW Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold Bath & Shower Gel 300ml £27 direct cost £13.19
1 x Heavenly Gingerlily Bath & Shower Gel 300ml £25 direct cost £12.22
1 x Fiery Pink Pepper Fine Liquid Hand Wash 300ml £22 direct cost £10.75
1 x Flora Luminare Fine Liquid Hand Wash 300ml £22 direct cost £10.75

Total £96 cost £46.91 incl p&p used in calculations.

Aromatic option contains:
1 x NEW Labdanum Dusk Bath & Shower Gel 300ml £27 direct cost £13.19
1 x Neon Amber Bath & Shower Gel 300ml £25 direct cost £12.22
1 x Pettigree Dew Fine Liquid Hand Wash 300ml £22 direct cost £10.75
1 x Blue Maquis Fine Liquid Hand Wash 300ml direct cost £10.75

Thanks SCW for RRP prices.

My order arrived Sunday afternoon. Very speedy deliver Labdanum Dusk Bath & Shower Gel is great.

Neon Amber Bath & Shower Gel 300ml is not so great.

Handwashes are meh. Lidl's handwash dupes are just as good.

So it's a return.

Latest posts

Back