my love affair with qvc is over.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well done Rainbow D, proud of you. If I can get to the end of March without making a purchase I will have made it to three months without buying from them. Thank you for starting this thread.

Isn't it strange how so many people are drawn into 'I can't live without' spending on QVC when you wouldn't look twice in a shop?Over the years I have done this but am not as bad now I am retired!
I was nearly drawn into the Elimis hype last night by resisted, have given in to the TSV today so am not cured! ( can use my 30 day etc etc.) The thing that often stops me ordering is that I can get most of these products within a 15 min drive of where I live without the dreaded p&p.

I have shopped a little bit on "the dreaded high street" and its been better than buying at qvc - I feel I can manage my money better - see what I'm getting for my money - and oh - no p+p !

I've also pratically stopped watching qvc.I've gone from hours and hours everyday to maybe a couple of hours a week.My house is cleaner,and I've got renewed interest in going to the library and picking up a book or 4.

I can honestly say I've not a wobble - but realise thats largley down to not viewing.I did think I would want the Tiana B tsv - and when I did eventually tune it,yes I loved the jade option but it was already sold out,so all the better.however I'm now not hankering after OTO's etc (how sad is that?!) but I truly used to feel that if I didn't watch - I'd be missing out on some huge bargain..............................yeah,honestly,a bargain on qvc??!!

I am (maybe) going to stay up for the birkenstock tsv.I had already made up my mind they were going to be a treat - but I'm not sure I like them.Coupled with the fact I know there is a kipling tsv on the 6th april and another birkenstock tsv not long after - so one treat has to be decided on!!!

I do shop a bit on QVC but only when I really want it and more importantly have the money. No buying on Credit Cards etc. Before QVC accepted Visa Electron I used to have to send a cheque, I found that a break between wanting it and actually paying for it really helped stop me buying thing I didn't really want, certainly didn't need and more importantly couldn't really afford.

QVC does have fab bargains, but they are not bargains if you are buying them on credit and racking up debt in intrest payments. I should know as I got myself into severe financial difficulty due to losing my job cause I was ill. No amount of Decleor, Elemis etc is going to matter when you can't sleep cause your stressed.

Even though QVC now does accept my card I still ask to pay by cheque, I usually sleep on it ,then go on line and decide if it is really worth it. If I have the amount of money it is gong to be in my purse I count it out and then either send a cheque or change the payment method online to my card. Or cancel my order. This works for me! Good luck to all of you who are trying to cut down their spending.

Latest posts

Back