New Liz Earle Cleanser

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have moved away from LE completely now. Too much faffing around with products that I liked and enjoyed using. I think they may also have chamged the shampoo and conditioner. I don't have the old tubes anymore but my latest batch are leaving my hair like straw. Back to the drawing board for me. I used to like Shampure by Aveda but it is cost prohibitive.
Glad you mentioned the shampoo - I have been meaning to ask on here if anyone else has had problems recently. It is now so drying my forehead is like sandpaper after shampooing and my scalp is itchy. So there goes the reason I began using it - it worked well until now on my sensitive scalp.

Like you I donā€™t have any old tubes to compare ingredients to see what has changed. Not sure what to try now.

Okay, the new LE is not a balm.

It is a gel cleanser, no cloth needed. Emma Hardie and many others do them for use in the morning for a quick cleanse. You put them on dry skin massage in add warm water they go oily then milky, and you just rinse off.

They leave your skin really soft. We have no Aldi in N.I. unfortunately.

I have moved away from LE completely now. Too much faffing around with products that I liked and enjoyed using. I think they may also have chamged the shampoo and conditioner. I don't have the old tubes anymore but my latest batch are leaving my hair like straw. Back to the drawing board for me. I used to like Shampure by Aveda but it is cost prohibitive.
Someone posted a negative review for the shampoo on LE's website, saying that they've been using it for 20 years but the last batch felt different and it made their scalp sore. LE replied with this...

Hi, thank you for your feedback on our Botanical Shine Shampoo.

We are sorry to hear of the problems you have been having with your scalp and can confirm that there have been no recent changes made to the formulation of this product.

All of our formulations are made as mild and gentle as possible and all products are assessed and approved by independent safety experts prior to placing them on the market. However, we are aware that any individual can react to even the most natural of ingredients in the same way as we all can to certain foodstuffs.

Unfortunately, it is also possible to develop a sensitivity to an ingredient that we may have been using for years.

We would love to help you further with this and feel it would be best to discuss this over the telephone. I have now sent you an email and we look forward to hearing from you soon - The Liz Earle Beauty Co. Team

I'm actually getting quite low on stock so not sure whether to repurchase or not now TBH?

I am wading through LE original 200ml cleanser. I think I don't love it is because Eucalyptus is not a fragrance I like for using on my face. its a bit strong. It does the job though. Next I have a mega treat the L'Occitane cleansing balm and I will have finished a major stash of cleansers. The joy!

Just because a product is aimed and suppose to be gentle and can be used by people with sensitive skin or scalp. Does not mean everyone with sensitive skin will be able to use it. I won a range of expensive products with Dragon's Blood it is a plant, which was aimed at people with rosacea. It actually kicked my mild rosacea to flair up. I had to give it away.

Aldi balm unfortunately out of stock online again. Irritated by myself as I was too slow when I got an email. Should be in store soon. Anyone tried Aldiā€™s Honey bath? Thatā€™s still available online.
Spotted a review from New magazine Beauty Editor revealing this weeks beauty must-have beauty buys.

Attachments

• 1848C987-8971-4EBB-8571-F0346E249587.jpeg
    1848C987-8971-4EBB-8571-F0346E249587.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 95F4E8F9-1150-4F6B-9B4E-E2EC23E0B1CA.jpeg
    95F4E8F9-1150-4F6B-9B4E-E2EC23E0B1CA.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 76
Also from New magazine Beauty Editor was a bargain buy Botanics Superfood Cleanser from Boots in this weeks beauty must-have beauty buys.

Attachments

• 17F3282B-A5CA-4779-AAF6-F548746D1458.jpeg
    17F3282B-A5CA-4779-AAF6-F548746D1458.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 438EAAD8-8BB9-4319-A675-D430745A9E35.jpeg
    438EAAD8-8BB9-4319-A675-D430745A9E35.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 60
Someone posted a negative review for the shampoo on LE's website, saying that they've been using it for 20 years but the last batch felt different and it made their scalp sore. LE replied with this...

Hi, thank you for your feedback on our Botanical Shine Shampoo.

We are sorry to hear of the problems you have been having with your scalp and can confirm that there have been no recent changes made to the formulation of this product.

All of our formulations are made as mild and gentle as possible and all products are assessed and approved by independent safety experts prior to placing them on the market. However, we are aware that any individual can react to even the most natural of ingredients in the same way as we all can to certain foodstuffs.

Unfortunately, it is also possible to develop a sensitivity to an ingredient that we may have been using for years.

We would love to help you further with this and feel it would be best to discuss this over the telephone. I have now sent you an email and we look forward to hearing from you soon - The Liz Earle Beauty Co. Team

I'm actually getting quite low on stock so not sure whether to repurchase or not now TBH?
My hairdresser has previously recommended the Childā€™s Farm range of products. I did try the shampoo and it was nice. Hubby is currently using it for his itchy scalp and itā€™s calmed it down a lot.

I really hate all this having to start over finding new productsā€¦.. LE was such an easy brand, not too pricey, good TSVā€™s and a basic simple range. Theyā€™ve sold out big time, and continue to ignore the bad reviews from loyal customers who seem to be leaving in drovesā€¦..

In respect of the shampoo & conditioner - I swim and since lockdown 1, Boots had stopped doing their Swim&Gym range, so I was using LE at the pool as well as at home. Last year it was mainly cutting through the chlorine smell, recently it isn't. I know its not 'specifically' designed for this but it did work in the past so something has definately changed. Anyway the point is I have started to use Childs Farm Swim 3in1 Swim, and it does the business in one bottle. So am also tempted to try the normal shampoo at home. I had assumed that the products were aimed at kids hair and wouldn't be good on thicker hair, but they seem to be OK. Smell strong but this all washes away, About Ā£3ish a bottle at Holland & Barratt. Have seen some at Asda as well.

I changed my kitchen cleaner a while back and it made my hands really sore and regular handcream stung when I applied it so I bought some Childs Farm moisturiser in a pump bottle and it was wonderful. Didn`t sting and my hands healed quickly plus it wasn`t greasy. I now keep a bottle on the kitchen windowsill.
It`s this one

I'd never heard of Child's Farm but I've just had a quick mooch on Amazon and the reviews are really good. Very reasonably priced as well so I may give it a go once my current stock of LE runs out.
I think it was developed by a paediatrician, and my hairdresser had psoriasis on her scalp, and this was all she could use. The body products are very gentle tooā€¦

I am going to give it a try. I am half way through this last LE shampoo / conditioner but will most probably just abandon ship and admit defeat.

MrMarple, thanks very much for posting the reply from LE for us. Very clever wording, "no recent changes". Covers a multitude of sins and infers that changes have been made at some point. Depends what you or I would call recent too doesn't it? Smacks of cost over quality again. xx

I changed my kitchen cleaner a while back and it made my hands really sore and regular handcream stung when I applied it so I bought some Childs Farm moisturiser in a pump bottle and it was wonderful. Didn`t sting and my hands healed quickly plus it wasn`t greasy. I now keep a bottle on the kitchen windowsill.
It`s this one
Thanks Vienna, I've just ordered a bottle of this to try. Since having Covid at Christmas, the skin on my face has gone from quite oily to very, very dry and flaky so I'm hoping that this might do the trick.

Thanks Vienna, I've just ordered a bottle of this to try. Since having Covid at Christmas, the skin on my face has gone from quite oily to very, very dry and flaky so I'm hoping that this might do the trick.
Awww ā˜ŗļø hope you are fully recovered now, our daughter had it over Xmas too.šŸ˜Š

So much for " we only have one cleanser, because it's so good for all skin types". LE has joined Elemis in the elastic range situation. Neither brand impress me.
Despite my accumulation of beauty products from my wild years shopping eith Q, I am using The Inkey List Ceramide Night Treatment anf Hyaluronic Acid. In the daytime I'm using Lumene Valo vitaminc C, plus a Balance Me moisturiser. All bought on the dreaded high street. I won't consider Q for beauty nowadays, unless the value is exceptional, as they pad most kits with carp I don't want, and their individual products are usually far too dear.

Latest posts

Back