Omg - jr in tiana dress

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shopping is fun

Alfa Lover
Just saw JR modelling one of the dresses for the TSV and to say it was tooo tight is an under-statement. I know before anyone says it, she is completely a different size to the two other models, but please you can plainly see the dress is far too tight!! She actually called it figure hugging!! It is because it is clearly the wrong size!! There is nothing wrong wearing whatever you want to wear but don't wear clothes too tight as it only shows your lumps and bumps!! :down::down::down:

Hmmm? the launch will be interesting to look at then.I dunno why Julia won't wear some sort of control underwear or foundation garment under certain things if ,her tummy is her problem area,so if she's trying to "sell" these dresses she could at least present them in the best possible light for an hour,even the some of the models admit to wearing Spanx etc,so why can't she?

I have a "curvy figure" and I wear Spanx when I go out!! I notice she has changed to the other dress, no surprise there as the dress (black multi) is loose on her!! I never wear tight clothes as I would be too self-contious. I know we are all different and I am not picking on JR on purpose as she has a lot fans!!

I just tuned in and thought she looks ok in that dress to me and then read that she had changed.

I really like the jade multi,it's very pretty,I think all the models look great in the dresses.

I'm not sure about 35 quid for polyester though.

OOH -She is a medium tonight! Normally 'I'm wearing the small'....yes dear 'course you are! I have to say she put me right off the jade one although it looks a lot better on the very trim model.

I paid a lot more for a Kim & Co skirt and cardigan that I never wore. I ended up giving them to charity!! I've seen a black/white dress in Wallis which is not too different from the one Joy was wearing and it was £42 quid. Wallis have some really nice dresses on their website. [/COLOR][/B]

Has Joy been on Diet Chef?? to me she does not look that different to Amika and Ali in terms of size,maybe this speaks to the quality of cut on these dresses,even though I don't like the animal or feather print,I think all 3 of the models look great in these creations.

If it is the Wallis one I am thinking of I have tried it on...the front is very low and my hair was literally vertical due to the static.

OOH -She is a medium tonight! Normally 'I'm wearing the small'....yes dear 'course you are! I have to say she put me right off the jade one although it looks a lot better on the very trim model.

Yes but with reservations lol. She actually said 'I'm wearing the medium because I'm a 12 or a small 14'...the vain cow just couldn't admit to being a 14 outright. :mysmilie_61:

I think it is the best value fashion tsv we have had in a long time, much better than Kim&Co. No I wouldn't wear it , it would be too short for me, and I dont do leggings...:wink:

Awww! Poor Julia. To be fair to her, these sizes do seem to be the same as on the high st (unlike most QVC garments where their small would be a 12-14 in most stores) so I expect that is why she said she is in a medium.

Well it was very baggy and covered up her big belly so in that respect it did suit her.

Help needed on sizing

Does ayone have any of these dresses - quite like the look of a lot of them but generally wear a size 18/20 top as I have 38G boobs - so don't think even the top size I've seen (48") is going to look good. Not sure I'm willing to risk the p&p to find out.:sad:

Does ayone have any of these dresses - quite like the look of a lot of them but generally wear a size 18/20 top as I have 38G boobs - so don't think even the top size I've seen (48") is going to look good. Not sure I'm willing to risk the p&p to find out.:sad:

Madaunty, I have the red and black dress that was a Hot Pick last time round (Julia has the same dress). I'm top heavy and wear a 20/22 on the bust and this dress was plenty big enough, with room to breathe!! I ordered the 2XL and did think maybe I could have gone for the XL, but I like things loose fitting. I am sure that you could wear them if you pick the right style. They said Joy is a 16/18 and wears the XL so the 2XL should be fine on you if you're an 18/20. I think it just depends on the style, some seem to come up bigger than others.

I am a real dress girl, love them and quite like the look of the Tiana B ones but I have been disappointed so many times with "fashion" purchases from QVC that I am going to resist. I reckon Julia is easily a size 16, I am a 14 but fortunate to have a flattish tummy. My legs are my hated area, big thighs, fat knees and "cankles" so I have to be careful about dress length to hide the dreaded knees, think the Tiana B dresses would be a bit short for me. Got a lovley wrap dress in good old Asda recently £8 in the sale, total bargain and covers the dreaded legs!!

I am a real dress girl, love them and quite like the look of the Tiana B ones but I have been disappointed so many times with "fashion" purchases from QVC that I am going to resist. I reckon Julia is easily a size 16, I am a 14 but fortunate to have a flattish tummy. My legs are my hated area, big thighs, fat knees and "cankles" so I have to be careful about dress length to hide the dreaded knees, think the Tiana B dresses would be a bit short for me. Got a lovley wrap dress in good old Asda recently £8 in the sale, total bargain and covers the dreaded legs!!

I think that, like many busty women, Julia looks bulkier than she is. Especially on TV. By that I mean that she probably has size 12 hips (her hips are slim as are her legs) and 14 waist and a bust that overshadows them both considerably. She is at that age when the middle section can thicken up BUT I think that she still looks fabulous. Much better than many women her age and way better than many who are younger. For example I was shocked to discover that Charlie Dimmock is only 44!!!!

Madaunty, I have the red and black dress that was a Hot Pick last time round (Julia has the same dress). I'm top heavy and wear a 20/22 on the bust and this dress was plenty big enough, with room to breathe!! I ordered the 2XL and did think maybe I could have gone for the XL, but I like things loose fitting. I am sure that you could wear them if you pick the right style. They said Joy is a 16/18 and wears the XL so the 2XL should be fine on you if you're an 18/20. I think it just depends on the style, some seem to come up bigger than others.

Thank you for your feedback, Topaz - may will go for one. Will do what I usually do if I'm not sure about somethng, which is to wait until the last presentation and if it's still available in the colour/style i want, then will assume that "it was meant to be" and order. This method stops me spending too much (?!). Sometimes I forget to tune in for the final presentation, in which case I figure can't really have wanted it in the first place ........ well it makes sense to me:grin:

Latest posts

Back