Oooh, a new presenter!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm Irish and I'm 'accused' of being American practically on a daily basis! Depending on what part of the country you're from the Irish accent can sound very American.

Haven't seem this chap yet so reservincg judgement...

Good grief give the poor guy a chance, can't you remember what it is like to start a new job yet alone one where you are being scrutinised by all and sundry.
Sure if he is still not to your liking in a couple of months time then feel free to criticize his presenting skills.

Yikes, I haven't watched telly for one whole day, turned QVC on just now and thought I'd entered the Twilight Zone, I actually said out loud "Who the hell is that?!?!" - having only been awake for about fifteen minutes, I was some confused..... Thank heavens for you lot for straightening things out for me!! :up:

Hope he settles into the groove and sticks around for a while, it's nice to see new presenters :nod:

he's quite good. shows good product knowledge and is refreshing.

will miss anthony and adored daniel green. he was tooo good looking for qvc.

glad the cooks essential guy did not get the job as he is not easy on the eye and talks a bit funny:too much saliva methinks.

I quite like Miceal (me-hall) He seems quite laid back for a new guy.Good luck to him.

He did the morning show with Pippa this morning & I really enjoyed it. I think Miceal may do pretty well . A breath of fresh air & he seems to know what he is talking about & comes over well IMO.

I'm gonna reserve my judgement on him for a few weeks (unless he says something completely outrageous on air, or - ahem- slaps a guest!) I'm not criticising anyone for passing judgement on him (honestly) but I think it'll take a few weeks at least before he gets over his nerves and we see what he's really like. Then he's fair game like the rest of 'em!!!

Hope he lasts longer than Daniel Green

I saw the guys showreal and seems pleasent enough.Daniel Green?? I was hoping that name would never be mentioned again. Wanted to wipe that phoney smile off his face along with the phoney tan
This new guy is already miles better than smarmy slippery Dale Franklin,and his female counterpart Julia Roberts.
I'd lve to see the back of both of them then maybe watching would be sort of tolerable,but to be honest the channel has changed beyond all recognition and not in a good way.I
only watch the gadget /tech stuff but even that I find grates on me now,with the same products ,and I don't like the guests they bring on for that either,so it really is more than an issue with presenters.They're just part of the problem in my opinion.
I don't get people in Radio and TV who feel they have to change things that aren't broken
QVC used to be intimate and fun.Now it's anything but intimate and fun doesn't even enter the picture.

I am with Boycie on this, give the man a chance for a few weeks as nerves def get the better of you on any new job for a while

I agree with Boycie too.

How many of us were good at our jobs straight away? It takes a few weeks to get your bearings and to settle in.

It's 2011, and Homophobia will NOT be tolerated on this site.

So if it was ...say 1998 it would be OK? Because it's a particular year,everyone is suppossed to fall into line and not say what they think?
Rubbish.
I don't like racism,homophobia,or any discrimination but what loathe more than anything are the PC people who try and tell others that what they think is wrong and they can't say it.
All that does is gives more fire power to racists,homophobes and the like.
Saying "this is 20011 and we won't tolerate homophobia" doesn't mean that you'll stop people from feeling it or expressing it.In any event I fail to see how the comment was homophobic.I think it was just stating a fact.
I don't like egomaniacs ,especially on shopping channels ..and there are quite a few especially at QVC
Can I still say that?
Show the door to political correctness.Surpressing things has historically never served as a problem solver.

Sorry and no personal disrespect intended, but what a load of nonsense. If he were heterosexual would anyone be saying "oh no, not another straight bloke"? Of course we can't help our thoughts, but not everything that comes to mind should be written down. That it's 2011 is totally relevant, as is the fact that we are in Britain. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back