Penalised for returning items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have never has a letter ,but I have had a phone call from QVC asking why I had returned a lot of items...not rude or abrupt, just an enqiry to see if they could improve their products,which was fair enough.
I would have been livid if I had received your letter as I also buy from the Tv and catalogues as I am not able to get out and about.
I agree that the descriptions sometime leave a lot to be desired and I had to recently return a George Forman Grill as the presenter quite clearly stated that the plates just went into the dishwasher.I had been looking for one with removable plates for ages so I ordered it. When it came it had the normal fixed plates so I returned it. They did pick it up but I was still out of pocket with the delivery postage.
So come on Sit up ...give us clear, accurate descriptions and perhaps the returns rate will drop!!!

I had to recently return a George Forman Grill as the presenter quite clearly stated that the plates just went into the dishwasher.I had been looking for one with removable plates for ages so I ordered it. When it came it had the normal fixed plates so I returned it. They did pick it up but I was still out of pocket with the delivery postage.

did you take this up with them?

Why should you be out of pocket for their misdescriptions?

It's a trading standards case.

I don't buy clothes any more from these channels as the P+P is high and the standard of the clothing usually low. In the past I've bought things which I've just handed straight to the charity-shop as it's too expensive to return and I think they rely on that.
What a disgusting way to treat a customer when they're always saying you can return things if you're not happy with the goods.
That Shopping Telly 1 post... do you think it was one of Gordon's Special Advisers after a session in the pub? :54:

did you take this up with them?

Why should you be out of pocket for their misdescriptions?

It's a trading standards case.

I must admit I did expect a full refund,but as I said it was very recent. I suppose a phone call is in order to query it.

to queen bee

queen bee these chanels dont give you a quota of how much you can buy or how much you spend why the hell should they tell you how much you can send back as already stated they over charge for the postage they iver charge for the phone call you pay for the returns postage the only stupid ones here are us mugs the punters i have bought off most chanels and have sent sometimes the whole lot back if i am not happy with it or the quality is crap or it doesnt fit its my right to return the goods i personally would get in touch with the bosses and complain about the letter
Hi Dingo, Thank you for your comments. Just to clarify that it is one third and not two which I have returned and I have never bid in a megadrop. For example the last item I returned was a printer as the presenter did not specify that it only printed black only that it was state of the art so I expected a normal black and colour printer. As it wasn't I returned it.

Latest posts

Back