Perricone - Dont be sucked in

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
This is true folks, I am sad to share. This isn't a sour grapes post.

I have before posted threads about Gatineau etc, and many of you, like myself agree, its a con.

The same, if not MORE so, applies to MD Perricone (MDP)
I decided to bite the bullet and secretly purchased 3 MDP products

First off I studied the ingredients, in particular the advanced face firming activator. The workhorse of this product is Glycolic Acid. Hey guess what? Found a product in TKMax with TWICE the percentage of GA than in MDP at a tenth of the price. So this is what I did. I purchased that too

Over the last 8 weeks I put MDP on one side, and the TKMax Stuff on the other.. (I didnt expect my face to go lopsided)
To cut this short, 8 weeks later the Higher, cheaper Glycolic Acid cream from TKs has worked wonders.. Sun freckles, gone, fine lines, gone, under eyes, brighter

The MDP side absolutely NO improvement In fact I have raised Keratin cysts AKA Millia spots. What an utter waste of time and money

Luckily I had enough TKMax (anonymous) cream left to fix the MDP side

So just a friendly hug-style heads up. Don't think parting with your £££ for MDP will automatically give you glowing complexions
QVC just is there to sell And sell HARD they do
xxx

With the high prices they charge I've never entertained the thought of trying the brand. After all, no matter what you slap on your face you can't prevent the passage of time in my opinion.The Aldi moisturiser does the trick for me at a fraction of the cost (a big fraction), coupled with good genes from mum.

Some years back a friend who lives in NYC sent me generous sizes of the Perricone stuff. I didn't notice any different and when finished the Try Me sizes forgot about the range as it didn't really register with me. Then it popped up on QVC and still have to say it doesn't register much with me.

Do you know how the glycolic level compares to Alpha-H? I think their products are 10%+ glycolics (the face cream is 10% so assume liquid gold is stronger) At a fraction of the price of Perricone, maybe Alpha-H is the best bet.

I know you have mentioned having sensitive skin, Donna, I would have thought glycolics may have been too strong for you (I get good results on blackheads with liquid gold but if I use too much it burns my skin, and my skin is not normally sensitive).

Alpha H was the product that got me out of the Perricone Mess

The only secret Perricone has is that Perricone is absolute C**P They dont mention the Glycolic acid percentage

Not as much as 10% though

I have to say that if Alison is a huge fan of perricone and it's what she uses, then I don't think I could be persuaded at even half this price. Who has this sort of money to spend on skincare?

http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/perricone.htm

Page 33 of The Perricone Prescription illustrates an extraordinary degree of illogical thinking about nutrition. After describing a breakfast consisting of orange juice, cold cereal with banana, skim milk, a low-fat bran muffin, margarine and coffee, the book states:

As [Megan] drinks the juice, she is causing a burst of inflammation in her body as the juice floods her bloodstream with sugar. This causes a sharp spike in her insulin levels, resulting in a rapid acceleration of the aging process, increasing the risk of heart disease, every form of cancer, memory loss, and mental deterioration. To add to the problems, the sugar flood is causing the collagen to cross-link, laying the foundation for the birth of wrinkles, sagging, and loss of tone.

Page 45 contains an equally ridiculous passage which concludes that eating bagels, cookies, or caffeinated, sugary sodas—which Perricone inappropriately regards as addicting—places people at risk for "exhausting our pancreas, burning out our adrenals, and placing us at risk for insulin resistance and diabetes."

I really like the Face Firming Activator - it's the only serum I've used where i have noticed a difference, tho' I wouldn't pay full price for it. The cleanser is lovely too. Tried one of the neuropeptide thingymajigs once but that didn't seem to do anything. So overall a bit hit and miss and I do think that it's over-priced :hi:

What is the point of keep starting these threads - don't buy perricone or don't buy Gatineau? Surely it is up to us what we spend our money on. In reality we probably don't need any of this stuff - years ago our grandmas used a bit of soap and water to wash and some cold cream and they had lovely skin. But if we find a cream which works for us whether it is from Boots or qvc and are willing to spend our money on it then why do we need a lecture from people on here not to buy anymore.

At the end if the day we are all sensible adults who can make a choice on what we buy. We could say the same about why someone would be sucked into buying say a £500 handbag when you can get one for £20.

What is the point of keep starting these threads - don't buy perricone or don't buy Gatineau? Surely it is up to us what we spend our money on. In reality we probably don't need any of this stuff - years ago our grandmas used a bit of soap and water to wash and some cold cream and they had lovely skin. But if we find a cream which works for us whether it is from Boots or qvc and are willing to spend our money on it then why do we need a lecture from people on here not to buy anymore.

At the end if the day we are all sensible adults who can make a choice on what we buy. We could say the same about why someone would be sucked into buying say a £500 handbag when you can get one for £20.

Sorry...but I like these sort of threads...for 5 seconds this morning I was actually wondering if this really worked :cheeky:..then came on here and read JR's Ego's thread and it brought me back down to earth :rock: I always like to check and see if an item has been ~researched~ by someone on here.

daydreamer

It's not for me. I don't like the full price and that's a big issue for me when looking at skin care. If I could not justify paying the full price then there's no point in trying it because sooner or later I will be paying the full price for it. Or chasing every TSV or trawling eBay for bargains. Well quote frankly ... bugger that.

I want a skincare routine that I like, that works and that won't break the bank. And as I've got fairly easy going skin that's not too bad on the wrinkles I can use pretty much anything. I really do prefer PCMC but if money was tight I'd buy Oil of Olay. I stick to cleanse, tone and moisturise and throw in regular exfoliation and a once in a blue moon facial.

BUT what works for me won't work for everyone. I started using up every potion and lotion I've ever bought in March of last year. I had to use every scrap before I could buy new. I'm still using up an Elemis cleanser and thought I could go out and buy my beloved C&P this weekend but now I've found a Neal's Yard one so that'll have to wait. It's really hammered home to me just to stick with what I love and need. And how money I had sitting there is unused jars and bottles. Never again.

I have to say that if Alison is a huge fan of perricone and it's what she uses, then I don't think I could be persuaded at even half this price. Who has this sort of money to spend on skincare?

If that's what Alison uses then it's enough of an ad for me to never use the stuff (even before I checked the price and read Burlz post).

With the high prices they charge I've never entertained the thought of trying the brand. After all, no matter what you slap on your face you can't prevent the passage of time in my opinion.The Aldi moisturiser does the trick for me at a fraction of the cost (a big fraction), coupled with good genes from mum.

Same here, I have a pond's nightime one which I put on when I remember (!!) and I bought the Aldi Q10 daytime one and it seems to be very very similar to Elemis daytime moisturiser (at a fraction of the price).

Isn't the idea of this forum to get things off your chest, share experiences and give advice?? Oh and I almost forgot - to bitch.

If you don't want to know what other people think, it's pointless coming on here.

Not that I was ever going to try it......but didn't we have a TSV from them recently?

I was surprised this was chosen for a beauty day TSV full stop.I thought they would have gone with something more popular and affordable.I would have loved to have seen something like a box of philosophy brightly coloured shower gels or something

http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/perricone.htm

Page 33 of The Perricone Prescription illustrates an extraordinary degree of illogical thinking about nutrition. After describing a breakfast consisting of orange juice, cold cereal with banana, skim milk, a low-fat bran muffin, margarine and coffee, the book states:

As [Megan] drinks the juice, she is causing a burst of inflammation in her body as the juice floods her bloodstream with sugar. This causes a sharp spike in her insulin levels, resulting in a rapid acceleration of the aging process, increasing the risk of heart disease, every form of cancer, memory loss, and mental deterioration. To add to the problems, the sugar flood is causing the collagen to cross-link, laying the foundation for the birth of wrinkles, sagging, and loss of tone.

Page 45 contains an equally ridiculous passage which concludes that eating bagels, cookies, or caffeinated, sugary sodas—which Perricone inappropriately regards as addicting—places people at risk for "exhausting our pancreas, burning out our adrenals, and placing us at risk for insulin resistance and diabetes."

hes right about the sugar/carbs and its affect on our bodies but thats common knowledge but has little to do with skincare. a lot of gobbledegook

Latest posts

Back