Perricone - Dont be sucked in

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What gets me is the buy this if your ready to invest in your skincare, in order to see results.

Sorry I'm afraid QVC I ask what amount do you dare charge, knowing purchasers aren't going to see any results then?

So QVC the last Lulu, Liz Earle, Elemis, SBC and Decleor was a waste of money investment then?

Shame you didn't state that then.:wink:

http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/perricone.htm

Page 33 of The Perricone Prescription illustrates an extraordinary degree of illogical thinking about nutrition. After describing a breakfast consisting of orange juice, cold cereal with banana, skim milk, a low-fat bran muffin, margarine and coffee, the book states:

As [Megan] drinks the juice, she is causing a burst of inflammation in her body as the juice floods her bloodstream with sugar. This causes a sharp spike in her insulin levels, resulting in a rapid acceleration of the aging process, increasing the risk of heart disease, every form of cancer, memory loss, and mental deterioration. To add to the problems, the sugar flood is causing the collagen to cross-link, laying the foundation for the birth of wrinkles, sagging, and loss of tone.

Page 45 contains an equally ridiculous passage which concludes that eating bagels, cookies, or caffeinated, sugary sodas—which Perricone inappropriately regards as addicting—places people at risk for "exhausting our pancreas, burning out our adrenals, and placing us at risk for insulin resistance and diabetes."

hes right about the sugar/carbs and its affect on our bodies but thats common knowledge but has little to do with skincare. a lot of gobbledegook

Here is a link:http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/04/20/sugar-dangers.aspx

Disclaimer:devil:: I ain't affiliated with Dr Mercola. :cool:
Apart from that: People are welcome to read the link if they wish. As a link within my post it is there for anyone to access who wishes to further research on the subject, or to simply ignore it, or dispute it...whatever takes your fancy. It is not designed to preach, or convert, or upset anyone.:nod:
It is simply there as an option to check it out and make up your own mind. Enjoy :happy:

What is the point of keep starting these threads - don't buy perricone or don't buy Gatineau? Surely it is up to us what we spend our money on. In reality we probably don't need any of this stuff - years ago our grandmas used a bit of soap and water to wash and some cold cream and they had lovely skin. But if we find a cream which works for us whether it is from Boots or qvc and are willing to spend our money on it then why do we need a lecture from people on here not to buy anymore.

At the end if the day we are all sensible adults who can make a choice on what we buy. We could say the same about why someone would be sucked into buying say a £500 handbag when you can get one for £20.

The point is, this is a forum, a vehicle which allows us to express our personal opinions. We do live in a democracy, after all. As long as what we opine is not litigious or libellous, we are allowed to post whatever we want. Most people come onto this site to be able to give their views and read those of other posters. So if the OP's perspective is that we don't need certain posts - and a forum allows her to say this - and everyone else had the same viewpoints, shop[pingtelly.com would be non existent, and we would be all the worse off for that.

As for Doc Perricone's potions - they are not worth the money, in my experience:heartbroke:

preaching to the converted here - even if I could afford it (on my pension..?!) I wouldn't pay that amount...I've tried high-end (to me that's Gatineau, Decleor and the like) and I've tried low-end (Aldi, Boots Botanical, Garnier etc) and you know what - nothing has ever made me look in the mirror and think "wow, what a difference!". So, I use what products I like using, I seldom use the same thing twice running tho I do repeat purchase but I think skin and hair like a change of product - at the moment I'm using an Aldi serum, a Garnier firming moisturiser and eye & neck products from T K Maxx - at the end of the day nothing you put on your face is going to hold back the years is it?

the pricing of perricone never sits easy with me i know qvc sell elemis PMC for near enough the same price but i just think in this day and age who in their right mind has that amount of money to spare on skincare? if you can afford it then fair enough but i would guess majority of us can't makes me wonder if qvc REALLY know their audience/shoppers. i've never been fooled by high price skincare anyway i use good ol nivea pure and natural anti wrinkle creams and they work for me :)

How old is Kara the rep for Perricone?

Does anyone think she is a excellent example of someone using this investment skincare results brand?

Does anyone think she is a excellent example of someone using this investment skincare results brand?

Kara's face looks smooth & plump, but unfortunately her neck gives her away.
Dr Scalpel or Dr Needle has been at work I think.

Even according to Perricone himself the skin care will do nothing much for you alone, you have to buy into the whole ethos and get his books and follow his advise. His credentials have been well and truly discredited as far as his expertise for dermatological research goes and as far as Rosey's post is concerned I have to add that I have managed to find out info about TSV's on here that I did not know and have made me either decide against a TSV or for a TSV, so I think this forum and threads like this are brilliant

Here is a link:http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/04/20/sugar-dangers.aspx

Disclaimer:devil:: I ain't affiliated with Dr Mercola. :cool:
Apart from that: People are welcome to read the link if they wish. As a link within my post it is there for anyone to access who wishes to further research on the subject, or to simply ignore it, or dispute it...whatever takes your fancy. It is not designed to preach, or convert, or upset anyone.:nod:
It is simply there as an option to check it out and make up your own mind. Enjoy :happy:

i agree that sugar is a danger to the body my mun is diebetic and i have seen the damage to people bodies. i am not upset its a well known fact but i was referring to how he can be comparing the effects of sugar and the selling of skincare.

I am fairly certain, she once said she is 42 (as a reply to JF flattering her on her young looks and amaaaaazing skin and that "all of us want to get that Perricone look that Kara has").

Now Kara looks about right for her age, no magic there from the diligent usage of Perricone products. However, Dana the qvcus rep, genuinely looks 10 years younger (she is couple of years younger than our Alison, but looks a great deal younger). But that would probably be due to lifestyle and good genetics, not necessarily due to the Perricone "magic".

i agree that sugar is a danger to the body my mun is diebetic and i have seen the damage to people bodies. i am not upset its a well known fact but i was referring to how he can be comparing the effects of sugar and the selling of skincare.

I wasn't referring to your post boffy, at all. Just had to put a general disclaimer, as people seem to get easily upset about health statements and links, these days:happy:

I wasn't referring to your post boffy, at all. Just had to put a general disclaimer, as people seem to get easily upset about health statements and links, these days:happy:
i am proof that a sugar addiction is bad for you. it rots your insides and i find it difficult to curb sadly..

I am fairly certain, she once said she is 42 (as a reply to JF flattering her on her young looks and amaaaaazing skin and that "all of us want to get that Perricone look that Kara has").

Now Kara looks about right for her age, no magic there from the diligent usage of Perricone products. However, Dana the qvcus rep, genuinely looks 10 years younger (she is couple of years younger than our Alison, but looks a great deal younger). But that would probably be due to lifestyle and good genetics, not necessarily due to the Perricone "magic".

6-7 years younger than myself then, if I was considering going for I'll certainly not be going for the TSV then.

Kara's face looks smooth & plump, but unfortunately her neck gives her away.
Dr Scalpel or Dr Needle has been at work I think.

Is there anything that really improves the look of the neck area?? We often have threads on here asking for advice on neck products. Poor Ann Dawson neck looks awful (sorry Ann) and I have heard her say in the past that she used Gatineau throat gel, which did nothing for me either. I was only half listening to the 10am Perricone show, but I think she said she has been using that range recently.

No amount of creams, potions, gels and serum, whatever the brand or price will hold back the years - the Elixir of Youth is still being sought ! What these products do is stop the skin from drying out like an old leaf - remember the Nulon advert ?

I am a great advocate of CACI - I paid for the initial full course 8 years ago, and am fortunate in being able to afford monthly 'top ups' with proven results - this is the only treatment where I have SEEN a difference in my skin. Its been my best ever investment, I am coming up 64 with only a few laughter lines around the eyes - the rest of my face is wrinkle free.

No amount of creams, potions, gels and serum, whatever the brand or price will hold back the years - the Elixir of Youth is still being sought ! What these products do is stop the skin from drying out like an old leaf - remember the Nulon advert ?

I am a great advocate of CACI - I paid for the initial full course 8 years ago, and am fortunate in being able to afford monthly 'top ups' with proven results - this is the only treatment where I have SEEN a difference in my skin. Its been my best ever investment, I am coming up 64 with only a few laughter lines around the eyes - the rest of my face is wrinkle free.

Really good to hear it works. Wonder if I should invest in the old Tua, apparently is the same thing (so they say on Q). Apart from being wrinkle free brissles, does it help with slackness as well?

Is there anything that really improves the look of the neck area?? We often have threads on here asking for advice on neck products. Poor Ann Dawson neck looks awful (sorry Ann) and I have heard her say in the past that she used Gatineau throat gel, which did nothing for me either. I was only half listening to the 10am Perricone show, but I think she said she has been using that range recently.

The Anti-aging Beauty Bible is keen on Liz Earle's Superskin Concentrate for the neck area..it keeps mine well moisturised and has helped with a bit of 'turkey neck' syndrome but have noticed no changes to the few necklace lines I have. There was a discussion on here recently in which Donna(who knows about these things) said that once the neck goes, nothing other than a lift can help. I fear she is right and as usual genetics play a major role in how you age, well or not so well.

Last edited:
What is the point of keep starting these threads - don't buy perricone or don't buy Gatineau? Surely it is up to us what we spend our money on. In reality we probably don't need any of this stuff - years ago our grandmas used a bit of soap and water to wash and some cold cream and they had lovely skin. But if we find a cream which works for us whether it is from Boots or qvc and are willing to spend our money on it then why do we need a lecture from people on here not to buy anymore.

At the end if the day we are all sensible adults who can make a choice on what we buy. We could say the same about why someone would be sucked into buying say a £500 handbag when you can get one for £20.

Completely agree. I think it's great when people give information such as % of ingredients in products and that sort of thing, informative stuff. But so many people on here present their own opinions about ranges as fact (even where they have never tried said ranges) because they read something about it on the internet (so it must be true) and then call other people who want to try the products suckers for believing anything will make them look better. I don't understand why people get so angry about what other people choose to spend their money on.

I think people also remember the past through rose-tinted specs. My grandma always used soap and nivea. After she died my mum started saying what lovely, wrinkle-free skin she used to have. I remember a lady with wrinkles, as you'd expect of someone in their late 60s. Women can and often do look younger today for longer and that has to be because science has moved on and skincare can offer us more.

[QUOTE
I am a great advocate of CACI - I paid for the initial full course 8 years ago, and am fortunate in being able to afford monthly 'top ups' with proven results - this is the only treatment where I have SEEN a difference in my skin. Its been my best ever investment, I am coming up 64 with only a few laughter lines around the eyes - the rest of my face is wrinkle free.[/QUOTE]

Googled CACI and the first site returned a picture of Amanda the QVC Model!

http://www.caci-international.co.uk/page/Application-FacialToning

Small world.....

Latest posts

Back