Prai

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've stopped buying skincare from QVC - the TSVs are getting dearer and dearer and the p&p is just ridiculous. There is such a massive mark up on skincare products generally and I refuse to taken in by the hype anymore - this pretty much goes for all brands. I'm a car boot sale junkie and over the last couple of months have picked up quite a few 30ml tube sizes of Clinique's Moisture Surge and Dramatically Different Moisturiser (must have come from the GWP sets as they're always included) for no more than a £1. All new and unopened and keeping my skin beautifully moisturised. Same goes for L'Occitane TSVs which I always used to buy. I picked up a gift boxed The White Company body balm and Shower gel set for 50p, again brand new and unopened and its usual RRP on The White Company website is £22!!! Now that's a bargain! There are always lots of people flogging off Body Shop shower gels for a £1 (usually £4 in the shop) -they've been the ones who have been unsuccessful at hosting Body Shop parties and end up selling their unwanted stock at car boots.. I have a huge stockpile of those (my favourites are Olive and Coconut fragrances). So, I source most of my skincare etc from car boots sales now. I've picked up Liz Earle, Elemis, Lancome, and Decleor in the past too, all for an absolute song and none of it was used or had gone "off". If I am running out and can't find any bargains, then I use Boots No7 Beautiful Skin range and buy it when its on offer. Yesterday I used my £5 voucher to buy No7's eye makeup remover, which only cost me £2.77 and is just as good as the expensive Lancome and Chanel version's I used to buy. I can't remember the last time I bought any skincare from QVC and doubt I will be for the foreseeable future.

I like Caff, she's just on the right side of bonkers to be endearing! She also looks like she could be the long lost daughter of Angela Lansbury. I also slightly sympathise with her 80's clothes fixation as she's a fraction older than me. I do NOT have a blue sparkly jacket, honest, but I know where she's coming from. About 1985 by the looks of it!! I also love the look of sheer panic that fleets across her face when there is a telephone caller. But with her accent, does she say the Prai root comes from Thailand or Toyland;-)

I love watching the Prai hours ... but for all the wrong reasons. I find them absolutely hilarious! :mysmilie_505: I seriously don't know how they all manage to keep a straight face!

I like Caff, she's just on the right side of bonkers to be endearing! She also looks like she could be the long lost daughter of Angela Lansbury. I also slightly sympathise with her 80's clothes fixation as she's a fraction older than me. I do NOT have a blue sparkly jacket, honest, but I know where she's coming from. About 1985 by the looks of it!! I also love the look of sheer panic that fleets across her face when there is a telephone caller. But with her accent, does she say the Prai root comes from Thailand or Toyland;-)

Maggie smith, surely gulls?

Is the guest referring to La Prairie when she talks about the platinum range that costs over $1000 dollars in the States? I've always suspected that Prai was trying to be a cheaper alternative to LP.

A direct rip off,if you ask me, gulls.

Emma Hardie night cream also contains platinum. 50 something quid for 100 ml. I just got 2 of the TSV's as they had 50 ml pots in. The night cream is lovely and my skin needs just a teeny bit. No need to buff it like Emma was saying, just a waste of product, its very very thick so wont sink in if too much is applied. Why waste product buffing it off?

On the platinum thing, I was once told that there is only enough platinum left in the world to fill an olympic swimming pool a couple of inches deep. That is not much at all, so why waste it in cosmetics? Or have they found some way of extracting platinum from some other source?

I always have a giggle when I see La Prairie publicised and marketed - snow capped mountains and riverstreams. Its actually produced in a factory on an industrial estate just outside Zurich - I've seen it !!!! What was it that someone said - a product is 95% marketing and 5% substance. I always remember that when I am just about to be sucked in...............

Latest posts

Back