Prepology Pattern Silicone Double Oven Glove TSV 17/07/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The guest presenters (incl Simon Brown) have, in the past, pointed out the dangers of oven gloves which are connected, so are a one piece, and now they are selling exactly this. Mind you, they were selling the individual glove set of 2, when they said this.

I don't like one piece gloves, cannot for the life of me fathom what the advantage is meant to be! I do quite like some of the prepology range (the silicon baking TSV with pastry mat, macaroon mats etc is one of my favourite TSV's of the last couple of years, used it loads and loads).

I've been using one piece/connected type oven gloves without incident for 30 years, completely unaware they were dangerous! Do tell, why are they dangerous because I genuinely don't know.

I think the potentially hazardous element to the one piece is that, should you get one hand caught perhaps in the oven, or clasping a hot tin/dish, it may be difficult to remove the other hand before it also gets burned. If you have had no problem with it, then there's no reason to change, is there really?

Latest posts

Back