Presenters reacting to comments made on this forum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I suppose it depends on whether you like to read yourself being slagged off by people...

based on the ego that is assumed they all have, surely they would only want to surround themselves with 'yes people'

The Model Beth posted about ST on her facebook page a while ago , Ummm she wasnt pleased with this forum in the slightest, Gill gauntlet replied to her post and said about how awful the members were here etc so clearly she reads it too.

We're not awful at all ... what a cheek! We are all totally lovely and wonderful people:mysmilie_50:

When you are in the public eye you are going to get some stick from some people, it's the nature of the beast.

I think if they've got any sense that they won't read. It must make very uncomfortable reading on the whole. I wouldn't put myself through it. I think "celebs" have to expect to have both unfavourable and favourable comments made about them but life on a forum can be rambunctious to say the least even if you have the choice to respond.

The Model Beth posted about ST on her facebook page a while ago , Ummm she wasnt pleased with this forum in the slightest, Gill gauntlet replied to her post and said about how awful the members were here etc so clearly she reads it too.

I was just recalling a few of the backlashes over the years. I remember a "relative" came on here to admonish us over our criticism of Claudia, also a heated spat with Danny the HP tech equipment guest presenter. More recently there was a bit of bother over critical comments made when JR's daughter was "launched" on our screens as a model.

Yep I daresay those Q staff brave or foolish enough to read this forum won`t be happy with a lot of what they see but quite often the truth hurts and whether they like it or not, we`re never afraid to speak the truth on here. Backside kissers are few and far between on ST and a lot of what we say, is totally valid and much as the presenters would love 24/7 adoration from 100% of QVC viewers, they aren`t gonna get it !

True, Vienna. The old saying about "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" applies here. Problem is that many of these people have such inflated ideas of how "wonderful" they are, and don't have enough honesty and self-awareness to accept that most of the comments made here are very valid and constructive, if they would but take notice. Perhaps if Bid TV had:mysmilie_10: listened more, a few hundred people wouldn't have lost their jobs and customers lost their money...
Yep I daresay those Q staff brave or foolish enough to read this forum won`t be happy with a lot of what they see but quite often the truth hurts and whether they like it or not, we`re never afraid to speak the truth on here. Backside kissers are few and far between on ST and a lot of what we say, is totally valid and much as the presenters would love 24/7 adoration from 100% of QVC viewers, they aren`t gonna get it !

Last edited:
Gill Gauntlet? The cheeky cah...........with her garden like Blackpool illuminations she inflicts on her neighbours, they mustn't get a wink of sleep when those solar lights kick in, not to mention that awful, droning, nasal sarf London droning voice she inflicts on people and WE'RE awful?!!

I used to watch QVC constantly and spent a lot of money over the years mainly on skincare. Have realised that nothing holds back aging, no lotion, potion or new fangled electronic gadget - just look at the faces of the presenters with their age spots and wrinkles. I now find that most of the presenters really bug me and I have to switch channels for my blood pressures sake. I wont name names but a soon to be holder of her bus pass flicking her hair and acting the diva is a lady who makes my blood boil. It might be a good idea if the presenters did read the posts here then maybe they could take it as constructive criticism.:mysmilie_17:

Gill Gauntlet? The cheeky cah...........with her garden like Blackpool illuminations she inflicts on her neighbours, they mustn't get a wink of sleep when those solar lights kick in, not to mention that awful, droning, nasal sarf London droning voice she inflicts on people and WE'RE awful?!!

Love it ! so true What IS it with these people who have an over-inflated view of their own worth ? if they truly believe that everyone loves them, then they're a sorry bunch.

Then, of course, we have our lurkers. Who could forget Miss Ellie and today, a suspicious thread rightly closed by Sazza: who really is JMaddocks82 who tried to open a thread "Guest Advice"? I'd be very surprised if she did contact Sazza, but it would be interesting to know.

Ah, Miss Ellie - what fun we had with her ! and I wonder where she rapidly disappeared to, and who she REALLY is ?

Has Miss Ellie really gone? I wanted to join your happy band of posters a few months ago, but didn't because of the venomous posts of Miss Ellie. I did not fancy being savaged by her. She sounded like a playground bully.

Has Miss Ellie really gone? I wanted to join your happy band of posters a few months ago, but didn't because of the venomous posts of Miss Ellie. I did not fancy being savaged by her. She sounded like a playground bully.

I couldn't tell you because she blocked me, but heaven forbid if you ever disagreed with her she'd go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and..................

For sure it was either Flint or her sidekick , Im sure they will be back at some point probably under a new name though.

I'm sure we'll welcome her back with our usual delight to have her around again. The place just isn't the same without her. :mysmilie_8:

Latest posts

Back